CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Painted or unpainted that is the question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JJM
Neophyte
JJM

Painted or unpainted that is the question Empty
PostSubject: Painted or unpainted that is the question   Painted or unpainted that is the question EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 5:41 pm

Is there a policy or forum rule on figures being painted?Me and my friends have an only painted policy to field,but wondered what you all do.I just cant afford to go out and buy a pro painted army (prefer to paint my own).thanks (im a newbie)jjm
Back to top Go down
quickfuze
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Painted or unpainted that is the question   Painted or unpainted that is the question EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 6:24 pm

Well for casual gaming we have no rules for painting...some are still plastic, othes are practically display pieces. that being said I try not to field unpainted stuff, I think it adds something very dynamic to the game to see two fully painted armies slugging it out. Now for tournaments, most require at least 3 colors on each piece...and even those that dont, most involve a painting score in the overall points total. So even if they let you play and you went undefeated you prob would not come in a ranked place for any prizes.
Back to top Go down
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Painted or unpainted that is the question   Painted or unpainted that is the question EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 8:54 pm

For the most part, though I agree a painted army looks better on the board, most of us allow unpainted figs, even proxies are fine.I have no painted figs for my brets or ogres but my dark elves are all painted, my wood elves are mostly painted and most of my high elves are out being painted. For me, I love the look of a well painted model, but it is all about playing the game. The strategy of building a list and playing. Even if it is a fluff list just to see how models play.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Painted or unpainted that is the question   Painted or unpainted that is the question Empty

Back to top Go down

Painted or unpainted that is the question
Page 1 of 1