CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3) Empty
PostSubject: Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3)   Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3) EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 7:52 am

I got the Empire General kit yesterday, and I was able to do some work on it last night. Figured I would post and get comments. Please realize that I'm not done yet with the conversion. I have a bunch of Sigmar wording to remove, as well as a scythe to add to the little skeleton on the horses head. This conversion has consisted of removing the horses legs, adding the skeleton legs, cutting out the horse head from the barding head armor and adding a skeleton head chopped off and filed down to the bottom (had to use a little green stuff to fill in the gaps a bit) and then cut arms up and combined them with skeletong arms, and filed off one of the heads (the one with the feathers) and filed off part of a skull from the skeletons kit to use for the head Smile

Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3) Wightlord1
Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3) Wightlord2

Here are some pics of the two vampires I'm working on as well. (you can see a little bit more of the wight lord in the background of the mounted one)

Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3) Vampireonfoot

Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3) Mountedvampire

Last edited by bojesphob1 on Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3)   Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3) EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 10:10 pm

Some more conversions from the Empire General. The standard bearer, and the guy just to the right all have bits from the general on them. I used the raven on the shield for the guy on the right, the body of the standard bearer, and the standard, of course, along with the sword in his hands, all from the general. Now, the champion has the left arm of one of the Empire Knightly Orders, the arm holding the helmet. I figured that kind of tied the unit in with the other guys that I've been building... Smile

Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3) Spears
Back to top Go down
JJM
Neophyte
JJM

PostSubject: Re: Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3)   Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3) EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 10:25 pm

Those look sweet cant wait to see em painted
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3)   Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3) EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 9:45 am

New update Smile

Wight lord mostly painted:

You can see the skeleton champion I am working on in this one. He's got an Empire Knightly Orders arm holding a helmet with a plume Smile
Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3) Wightlordpainted

Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3) Wightlordpainted2

The banner things on the horse say "DEATH COMES" on the front ones, then, on the side with the moon, it says "FROM DUSK" and the sun side says "TILL DAWN". The shield banner thing says "FEAR ME"

This is the standard bearer I built with the extra bits from the Empire General. And, of course, this one says "DEATH IS HERE"
Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3) Standard

These are all of the mounted guys I have built so far...
Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3) Mounted
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3)   Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3) EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 10:07 am

Looking Great.

What is going to be the schema on the bases?
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3)   Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3) EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 10:07 am

As long as that guys not holding the Drakenhof Banner... then I likey
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3)   Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3) EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 10:16 am

John, I was just going to flock them with stones and green grass... maybe add some of that horse hair grass stuff for some variety. I don't have the funds to make the entire army, then base them on the Dragon forge type bases (however much I'd love to do that!)

Marc, what's the Drakenhof banner? Is that what I did with the shield with the Angel of Death thing? I just randomly saw a vampire counts guy with something like that and thought I'd try it out... If it doesn't fit, I could always repaint it (though, I have no idea what it would be!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3)   Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3) EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 10:36 am

bojesphob1 wrote:
John, I was just going to flock them with stones and green grass... maybe add some of that horse hair grass stuff for some variety. I don't have the funds to make the entire army, then base them on the Dragon forge type bases (however much I'd love to do that!)

Sounds nice. I had some cool graveyard bases at one time for Cavalry. They were from Micro Art Studios. Not needed for a whole army but fun for some stand out models. You can find these at thewarstore.com

Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3) 08_Graveyard_Cavalry_Bases_25x50mm(1)
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3)   Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3) EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 10:38 am

Don't tempt me John! Smile lol I've got a roof that I need to have replaced! I'll check em out. It would be nice to have the Wight Lord and maybe the Vampire on other bases....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3)   Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3) EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 10:59 am

I never used my bases that I ordered. If I can find them they are yours.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3)   Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3) EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 11:10 am

bojesphob1 wrote:
Marc, what's the Drakenhof banner? Is that what I did with the shield with the Angel of Death thing? I just randomly saw a vampire counts guy with something like that and thought I'd try it out... If it doesn't fit, I could always repaint it (though, I have no idea what it would be!)
No, the model is fine.. its a naughty banner in your book that gives each model in the unit Regeneration Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3)   Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3) EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 11:17 am

hmmmm.... regeneration, huh? I don't have the codex yet, so I wouldn't know anything about that yet Wink

And, thanks, John! If I've got anything you need for trade let me know
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3)   Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3) EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 12:10 pm

You should have it by this weekend Joe!!!

Awesome stuff!!!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3)   Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3) EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 9:32 am

Another update Smile I got a Cursed Company Lizardman in the mail, and I'm going to blend him into the ranks Smile (I've got an Elf Standard bearer, two goblin drummers coming in the mail, and am winning two auctions right now on eBay for an Orc skeleton and a Scaven skeleton as well Smile ) I also finished off detailing the skeleton champion pictured earlier as well Smile

Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3) Cursedlizardman

Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3) Cursedlizardman2
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3)   Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3) EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 10:24 am

That cursed Lizardman model is simply badass. Anyways, nice job. Have you thought about doing extreme highlights on the plume feather there?
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3)   Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3) EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 10:29 am

Thanks witt Smile Uh, don't know what you mean on the extreme highlights. I think the flash of the camera toned down the look of it, as it's got some highlighting on it.... I used Tausept Ochre for the base, washed with Devlan Mudd, then highlighted with the ilyrdian (sp) darksun, then highlighted on that with golden yellow.... Maybe I should go with the bad moon yellow on top of that, you think?
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3)   Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3) EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 12:20 pm

Maybe it is just the flash then. if you highlighted over the wash, it probably is the flash.

I just love the notion that you're getting undead figs from other model lines. So bloody brilliant!
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3)   Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3) EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 12:59 pm

well, you know me Smile I HATE having an army that looks like something someone else would have. I like the difference factor.... That and I REALLY wanted to have something that looked like the Vampires were reanimating corpses that were left over from a battle field instead of ones that they had in their home nation (or wherever they come from), and the look that they have straight out of the box just doesn't do it for me.
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3)   Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3) EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 1:00 pm

Thats why I love it, it totally makes sense. Like the care what they're reanimating?
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3)   Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3) EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 4:18 pm

Seems like a lot of the conversions I see for Vampire Counts seem to be skeletons/zombies coming out of the ground (they must all think that's pretty original?).... That's another one of those "meh" moments for me when it comes to these guys.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3)   Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3) EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 4:33 pm

Of course... then I see this: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190486 which has me a bit disheartened..... I've got a lot of improvement that I need to do....
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3)   Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3) EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 4:58 pm

Dude you are rocking no worries! You are doing great!
You going to enter the painting contest saturday?

And your minis and book are en route to you!
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3)   Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3) EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 5:07 pm

Uh, I may try submitting one. it doesn't have to be Space Hulk for the Termie, right? If that's the case I'll do one up and drop it off at UU&A. Smile

One thing I noticed after posting that link is that the guy dips his minis.... that definitely makes me feel a bit better about mine Smile
Back to top Go down
JJM
Neophyte
JJM

PostSubject: Re: Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3)   Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3) EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 5:21 pm

I love em--alot different from the other VC skeleton armies you see on the net.I can throw you some flagallant bodies and arms,some dark elf --those would look good to though you,d have to convert them.Which i can see you dont have a problem doing.
Keep up the posts lookin great
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3)   Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3) EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 6:38 pm

bojesphob1 wrote:
Uh, I may try submitting one. it doesn't have to be Space Hulk for the Termie, right? If that's the case I'll do one up and drop it off at UU&A. Smile

Correct it doesn't have to be a space hulk termie!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3)   Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3) Empty

Back to top Go down

Wight Lord and Vampires and skeletons, OH MY! (Updated 9/3)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next