CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

weighting down a mini

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

weighting down a mini Empty
PostSubject: weighting down a mini   weighting down a mini EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 5:12 pm

Since I'm working on my skeletons, I decided to make a banner carrier for one of the units using the standard from the Empire General box. Bad thing is, it's top heavy now and does not stand up. How do I go about weighting down the small square bases? I tried a penny, but the penny is too big... Any thoughts from out in the ether?
Back to top Go down
JJM
Neophyte
JJM

PostSubject: Re: weighting down a mini   weighting down a mini EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 5:18 pm

i use the small guage wire that comes in spools.i think its 1/6 or 1/8 thick.cut 2 small 3/4 inch pieces and glue em to the bottom,on the side thats ;leaning

or cut a penny in half and trim it to fit one side.
Back to top Go down
The Madman
Sergeant
Sergeant
The Madman

PostSubject: Re: weighting down a mini   weighting down a mini EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 10:30 pm

there are plenty of washers and bit's o metal that can be cut and stacked to create an opposing counter ballance- hell even a Metal base may do the trick
Back to top Go down
http://www.cincyrec.org
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: weighting down a mini   weighting down a mini EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 10:33 pm

lol.... I think I got it... I chopped of an edge of a penny with my metal cutters lol! It was the one in the WIP pics that I just posted! The penny works out decently Smile
Back to top Go down
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: weighting down a mini   weighting down a mini EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 11:10 pm

One of these days, I plan to use small washers in the bases of my Corsairs and put magnets in my trays to hold them in place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: weighting down a mini   weighting down a mini Empty

Back to top Go down

weighting down a mini
Page 1 of 1