CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

4500 wfb 2on 2

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JJM
Neophyte
JJM

4500 wfb 2on 2 Empty
PostSubject: 4500 wfb 2on 2   4500 wfb 2on 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 11:26 am

Ok so jon and me and my 2 buddies played his final fantasy game before leaving for afghanistan.Just gonna give a brief overview of the azz whipping he gave us.

We played 4500 on 4500 jon and albert-Demons/Orcs vs me and clint Beastmen/Darkelves
this is the initial set-up
4500 wfb 2on 2 Momscamera126

as you can see the field was packed tight.With a vast array of characters from both sides.
Jon was magic heavy with the demons and me and clint just couldnt compete even with 2 sorceresses on my dark elves.Flamers are insane.My dreadlord did kill a crap ton of orcs but it wasnt enough to even contend to the magic waylay.Jons nurgling bases came at us from behind(unsure about this thought scouts were supposed to be in cover and not in the open)and we moved full speed to try to get into combat as quick as possible.
4500 wfb 2on 2 Momscamera127
my hydra and clints wargors ended up killing a giant at least yippie
4500 wfb 2on 2 Momscamera131
not alot more spectacular happend after that except alot of magic ALOT

4500 wfb 2on 2 Momscamera128

by the end clints doombull general and 12 minotaurs were dead by magic and my dreadlord was tied up with regenerating plaguebearers(jon rolled really well on these and i only killed 4 total)
Ended up being a solid victory for the demons and orcs.
few more pics
4500 wfb 2on 2 Momscamera135
4500 wfb 2on 2 Momscamera134

Over all it was a fun game.We are planning on a bigger game soon.6K on 6K but need another player as jon is leaving for afghanistan(good luck there buddie and be safe)

Hope i did this post right,first time so later ones will be better.
thanks jeremy
Back to top Go down
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

4500 wfb 2on 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4500 wfb 2on 2   4500 wfb 2on 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 12:10 am

Looks like a hela fight. If I know people will be there to play. I can muster at least 3k, probably 4k Dark Elves and possibly Wood Elves. Once I get my High Elves back, I know I have 3k of them. At this point, I should be able to bring 3k of unpainted Ogres if I bring my Ironskin list, but I may have to proxy bulls, I seem to be short on them. My Brets... probably 3k, but I will need to bring special characters to do it and none of them are painted. I can't promise a chalenging fight, it would be an army based on what I have with very few proxies, but it would be an army.
If you want a really massive battle and have all day to do it, I can field 9 to 10k between my 3 armies and taken on all three of you. If someone else wants to play, they can use one of my armies or bring their own. The more the merrier. Trying to keep three armies straight at that point level will be challenging in and of itself Smile.

As far as John's stealth goes, there are some armies that have super scouts. I know for sure that Wood Elves do and Lizardmen did prior to the new release, (the chameleon skinks might still be super scouts). It is possibble that John's critters are super scouts, I don't know the daemon codex well. Super scouts can deploy in open view as long as they are at least 10" away from any enemy.
Back to top Go down
quickfuze
Neophyte

4500 wfb 2on 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4500 wfb 2on 2   4500 wfb 2on 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 3:55 am

darn it...i already packed my rulebooks up. I may be wrong and if so then I owe them an apology...so someone look this up. I thought i read that scounts must deploy outside of 10" and out of sight UNLESS they deploy in the opponents deployment zone. (or does it read your own deployment zone?) Not that it matters now as I wont be around for them to avenge this but I am curious now. (but not curious enough to go dig my books out of storage Razz)
Back to top Go down
JJM
Neophyte
JJM

4500 wfb 2on 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4500 wfb 2on 2   4500 wfb 2on 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 8:07 am

maybe we could just make it bigger-unsure when we will be able to do it cause alberts on a business trip,and the ard boyz tourney is soon,but will let you know crobar.as for the scouts jon its no biggie,i just wanna get it right for when i use my scouts is all.We have never used scouts in any games we,ve played.

oh yeah and my hydra lost a head that night somehow argh,but i cant seem to find it anywhere.maybe alberts dog ate it lol
Back to top Go down
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

4500 wfb 2on 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4500 wfb 2on 2   4500 wfb 2on 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 1:56 pm

The rule for normal scouts is that they can deploy anywhere on the board as long as no enemy model has line of sight on them and they are at least 10" away from any enemy model. They can of course deploy anywhere in their own deployment zone during the scouting portion of deployment.
Back to top Go down
Ghazkhull
Neophyte

4500 wfb 2on 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4500 wfb 2on 2   4500 wfb 2on 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 1:07 pm

I'm a bit disappointed in the table. Three tree stands and a ruin? On that big of a table? I miss those days of HUGE battles. Heck, I miss the days of GOOD rules for WHFB.
I remember playing a game around '95 (or so) on a 4' x 20' table at Comic Book World with 7-8 players per side. We did a "good v. evil" game and we each had a 2000 pt army. That's about 15k per side. What a blast!

Remember that Eric?

Ghazkhull
Back to top Go down
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

4500 wfb 2on 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4500 wfb 2on 2   4500 wfb 2on 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 4:14 pm

Been playing a lot of 40k of late Ghaz? Where 40k is terrain heavy, fantasy doesn't have to be. There is a huge difference between being able to pick up models individually and placing them where they will fit in terrain and having to keep a unit in formation and moving it into terrain. Besides, I know very few people who keep enough terrain in there basement to fill a good sized table. JJM, ignore Ghaz, don't let him keep you from posting another battle report.
Back to top Go down
JJM
Neophyte
JJM

4500 wfb 2on 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4500 wfb 2on 2   4500 wfb 2on 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 6:32 pm

We decided to go light on the terrain because of the big blocks the O+G player was using.Plus it woulda clustered the field.If we woulda used more terrain,jons magic might not have been so effective,unsure.Dont worry crobar i,ll keep posting the bigger games no matter what.I just need to do a better job of it next time.I will say that my dark elves were all painted finally-with custom movement trays.(First time for that)

cheers all
Back to top Go down
Ghazkhull
Neophyte

4500 wfb 2on 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4500 wfb 2on 2   4500 wfb 2on 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 12:32 am

Crobar wrote:
Been playing a lot of 40k of late Ghaz? Where 40k is terrain heavy, fantasy doesn't have to be. There is a huge difference between being able to pick up models individually and placing them where they will fit in terrain and having to keep a unit in formation and moving it into terrain.
Actually, no. I've played only one or two games since 5th came out. I work on Mon. nights which is when they play at Acme. I've played a few Apoc. games, though, which I prefer anyway.

I do understand the different mechanics in units and moving models around the table and into/through terrain. I wasn't basing my observation on a WHFB vs. 40k metric. I was going by past experience with WHFB. I played that exclusively for YEARS. I have soooo many points for multiple armies, it isn't even funny. We used to use +/- 4 pieces of terrain per table quarter on a 4x8. We'd also try to theme the terrain a little. Usually, we would use the terrain generator chart in the rulebook.
The way this table was, there was little to no cover from missile fire, no sense of tactical maneuvers, nor a need for any. Line up across from each other and run straight ahead. No forcing your opponent to expose a flank due to another unit getting clipped by a house. No reforming units to move through the cover of a treeline. No skirting a hill's base with Cav to flank an enemy unit(s). No real thought or planning how to best arrange your units for a successful battle plan during deployment. Not much tactical to the game in that respect.

Unlike 40k, in WHFB, having a LOT of terrain is a detriment. But not having enough is, in my opinion, just as detrimental as it takes a large chunk out of the tactical aspect of the game's mechanic. WHFB is head and shoulders more tactical than 40k. Hampering that is unfortunate to me.

There's also the "immersive" aspect for me. Why would somebody build a lone house with no fencing, hedges, walkways, etc. in the middle of a HUGE expanse of land with 6 trees on it? No water readily available for the inhabitants. On top of that, why would all these armies fight over it? There's no high ground to be won (hills). See what I'm saying here? I just like battlefields to make sense. This holds true in ANY game system I play.

I will definitely concede the point that not everyone has room for enough terrain to litter a table with. But a few more tree stands, a hill or two, another couple of small buildings and a couple fences/hedges? That can all fit neatly on a bookshelf. Very Happy

I've no doubt that it was a fun game. I've no doubt that I would've had a good time playing. I enjoyed the pics of the game. I just wish there was more terrain.

Crobar wrote:
JJM, ignore Ghaz, don't let him keep you from posting another battle report.
I'm not sure your tone or meaning in saying this since it's in text and all, but I feel the need to tell you to relax, that I was just stating an observation/opinion. Nowhere did I insinuate or try to dissuade him from posting more battle reports. That last comment makes no sense to me.

Ghazkhull
Back to top Go down
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

4500 wfb 2on 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4500 wfb 2on 2   4500 wfb 2on 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 5:25 am

Negativity dissuades people. Nothing in your post was possitive and came across as negative when I read it. It could be as you say thet text doesn't convey things well so I apologize if that wasn't your intention. I like to read the fantasy battle reports and don't want anyone to feel they can't unless everything is perfect.

My biggest game was at Hobbies and Games before they closed. We put together 3 tables and had 5 people per side for a total of 20k hitting the board. It was a blast and haven't been in bigger thaan 4500 per side since then.

As far as terrain goes, unless it is very small, I don't think you could fit 4 pieces of terrain per quarter and still leave 24" circle in the middle open to keep it legal under 7th edition rules. My Wood Elves would love that though Smile. My Brets of course would hate it.

History tells us that a good portion of battles were fought away from the actual objective. The exception of course are walled cities and Castles. Many times the defender would go out to meet the attacker and try to pick a place it could defend well, sometimes it would backfire and the attacker would catch them in the open. A lot of things depended on who had the better scouts Smile. I digress, sorry for highjacking the thread, back to the battle report Smile.

Gratz on finishing up your Dark Elves. I discovered a long time ago that I don't paint well enough to satisfy myself so I gave up and pay people to paint for me when I can. I am not sure any of my armies will ever be finished. I have no Shades, Harpies, Bolt Throwers, Executioners or Witch Elves for my Dark Elves. I still have a unit of Corsairs that are still on the sprews. Maybe in $150.00 to $200.00 I may feel I am close Smile. My High Elves are closest. Someone is painting the bulk of them for me. I still have 10 archers and 8 silver helms still on the sprews and 4 unpainted leaders. I still want another dragon, more spearmen and at least one more chariot. I can put together a competative 2250 painted list with either, probably a bit over 3k of Dark Elves if I am less worried about being competitive but that is about it. Besides, if even if I got all my armies to where I felt they were finished, I would just buy another one Smile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

4500 wfb 2on 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4500 wfb 2on 2   4500 wfb 2on 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

4500 wfb 2on 2
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: General :: Battle Reports-
Jump to: