CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Clan Pestilen 2250

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

Clan Pestilen 2250 Empty
PostSubject: Clan Pestilen 2250   Clan Pestilen 2250 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 9:16 pm

Army: Clan Pestilen
Models: 153

Lord Skrolk - 470 - Frenzy, Terror, Rod Of Corruption, Aura of Pest

Plague Priest - 181 - Plague Censer, Wizard Lvl 2, Warpstone Arm, Frenzy
Plague Furnace - 150 - Frenzy, Large, Impact(D6), Magic Resis(2)
Plague Monk crew

Plague Monks x 29 - 228 - Full Comm, Frenzy, 2H Weapon
Bringer of the Word - Fenzy, 2H Weapon

Plague Monks x 29 - 228 - Full Comm, Frenzy, 2H Weapon

Plague Monks x 25 - 200 - Full Comm, Frenzy, 2H Weapon

Plague Monks x 25 - 200 - Full Comm, Frenzy, 2H Weapon

Skavenslave x 20 - 40 - Hand Weap, Expendable, Cornered

Skavenslave x 20 - 40 - Hand Weap, Expendable, Cornered

heck Pit Abomination - 250 - Warpstone Spikes

heck Pit Abomination - 250 - Warpstone Spikes

Last edited by JTPitt on Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Neznarf
Neophyte

Clan Pestilen 2250 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Pestilen 2250   Clan Pestilen 2250 EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 12:24 pm

This certainly looks like it'd be an interesting army to field. With so much frenzy and random movement, you'd have to be very careful with deployment and your first two turns of movement. After turn 2, your army will probably be out of control and hopefully still moving in the direction you want. If your opponent takes the advantage and baits your battle line into a disorganized mess, the resulting flank charges will be especially painful for skaven. As long as you're the sort who can take amusement in this downside rather than frustration, then this army should be good fun.

There's just a few things I'd do to tweak a little more punch into this list. First off, I didn't see the plague banner in your list anywhere. It's a cheap banner that could go onto any of your Plague Monk units as a unit standard and really boost their hitting power for 1 turn. Rerolling to-hit AND to-wound on so many low strength, low weapon skill attacks is going to add a lot of wounds when you really need it. With it being on a unit standard bearer, you could put it on any one of your PM units and keep your opponent guessing about which one is going to be the killer unit.

Also, thanks to Skrolk, you have a lot of unused Special slots now. Have you considered plague censer bearers? My most frequent Skaven opponent is obsessed with these guys and for good reason. As it stands, the bulk of your army is based on massive amounts of S3 attacks. Opponents with high armor save or a toughness of 5+ would really hurt you with this list. A few small 80 pt units of PSB's could fill that gap nicely. Frenzy and Hatred combined make them fight like they have 4.5 attacks each at S5 for the first round of combat (flails). If that wasn't enough every model in base contact also has to pass a toughness test or take a wound with no save BEFORE STRIKING (bye-bye T3 knights!)

The 2 abominations might give you some frowns from a lot of opponents. Doubling up on rare choices (especially big monsters) tends to get some frowns even though the abominations seem more fairly priced than some monsters. That said, I think that swapping one of them for a cheaper doomwheel would make your army stronger overall anyways. It saves 100 points (more PSBS!!!), functions similarly in combat, and those nasty lightning cannons on the front of it can bring down a dragon like you wouldn't believe! It's a Skryre unit, but the abominations are Moulder anyways so you're not really losing any Pestilens flavor with the swap.

Geeze, it looks like I nearly wrote a novel on your list which must make it sound like I don't like it. Very much not the case, Skaven are just one of those armies I'd love to collect if I had the money and I could yack about the new book for hours. Especially with some of the tweaks I suggested this would be a solid army and a fun one to play against too I think.
Back to top Go down
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

Clan Pestilen 2250 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Pestilen 2250   Clan Pestilen 2250 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 2:56 pm

There is no need to censor the name of a model. If it has to be censored then they shouldn't be looking at this game.
Back to top Go down
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

Clan Pestilen 2250 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Pestilen 2250   Clan Pestilen 2250 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 4:05 pm

From a TO's point of view, you will struggle in terms of "friendly" games. Double heck Pits are tough to deal with and most players will dock you sportsmen/comp scores hardcore.

The list is hard, for sure. heck Pits are difficult to deal with because they come back. Point for point best monster in the game. I don't count Dragons. Dragons > all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aowcinci.com
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

Clan Pestilen 2250 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Pestilen 2250   Clan Pestilen 2250 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 8:51 pm

kainthedragoonx wrote:
From a TO's point of view, you will struggle in terms of "friendly" games. Double heck Pits are tough to deal with and most players will dock you sportsmen/comp scores hardcore.

Seriously if people are going to complain because a player takes two of those beasts because its a smart idea then I am ok with people docking me points for sportsmanship and comp scores. Cause in the end if you can win the tournament and have fun what does it matter.
Back to top Go down
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

Clan Pestilen 2250 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Pestilen 2250   Clan Pestilen 2250 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 8:28 am

I was just pointing it out. No need to get hostile Very Happy

And in terms of winning, you're going to struggle. You're army is carried on the back of the heck Pits. If you're opponent has monster killers, you're in for some hurt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aowcinci.com
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

Clan Pestilen 2250 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Pestilen 2250   Clan Pestilen 2250 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 11:06 am

I wasn't hostile was just saying I don't see why people always whine about the fact that something is broken when yea the creatures are tough to kill but the rest of the army could break on you in a heartbeat.

Yea this army is more of a fun list not even sure how they would work out. Its meant to hit fast and hard and be out of combat. If they get tied up for too long they will die quick deaths.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Clan Pestilen 2250 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Pestilen 2250   Clan Pestilen 2250 Empty

Back to top Go down

Clan Pestilen 2250
Page 1 of 1