CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Space Hulk "Tournament" planning - help please

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CaelynTek
Initiate
Initiate
CaelynTek

Space Hulk "Tournament" planning - help please Empty
PostSubject: Space Hulk "Tournament" planning - help please   Space Hulk "Tournament" planning - help please EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 11:12 pm

To all those who currently have a copy of 3rd edition space hulk, or that are planning to buy one soon.

I want to plan a large scale Space Hulk event, and I will need as several copies of Space Hulk to pull it off. I have two of my own, but I'm looking at wanting to have 4 copies or more.

Here is my idea:

First stage: 4 small scale qualifying games, 2 players per game. (This means we would need at least 8 participants, not including me) I'll be there to administrate and consult on rules issues.

All the tables will run the same map, I'll provide the map layout (I'll spend a lot of time developing a good map and mission for the qualifiers) Each game will have a pre-announced set of Terminators and Genestealer reinforcement details. I'll provide a copy of the map layout and Mission ahead of time so each player can study it and develop a plan for both Terminators and Genestealers.

On game day, there will be a hat with 4 counters for Termies and 4 counters for Genestealers. Each player will draw to see what side they will play in the qualifiers.

Second Stage: The 4 winners of the qualifying games will go on to a BIG 2vs2 finals game utilizing the majority of map pieces from two sets of Space Hulk, as will the 4 losers of the qualifying games to their own big game, running with the same mission and map.

These missions and maps, like the qualifiers, will be released ahead of time so the players can study them.

For the finals games, instead of picking from a hat for which side to play on, they'll pick to determine teammates, then each team will play both sides (first game you play genestealers OR termies, 2nd game you play the other)

In the event of ties on finals, winners will be determined in true gaming style, by dice rolls.

There will be prizes for the winning team of both the top rung and the bottom rung games. But the top rung game will have better prizes.

Pre-Registration for the event will be needed because the whole thing rests on making sure we have 8 players, and we need the pre-reg to make sure people who say they'll come will come.

I can run small games ahead of time to teach rules to people who've never played.

So what I need to make this happen:

1.) Two more Space Hulk sets.
2.) Eight people who will DEFINITELY play.
3.) A suggestion on venue (I'd like to do it at UUA, but I don't know if they'd have room?) The venue must have full size game tables (4X6 or larger)
4.) A suggestion on a date, where all who are interested can make it, and where a store will be open long enough to do this much gaming.
5.) Someone to chip in for some kind of prizes. OR a suggestion for an entry fee to purchase prizes.

We could also hold a Terminator/Genestealer painting competition as well.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm not in a hurry, but I'd like to do this in January or February.
Back to top Go down
http://miniblog.caelyntek.com
CaelynTek
Initiate
Initiate
CaelynTek

Space Hulk "Tournament" planning - help please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Space Hulk "Tournament" planning - help please   Space Hulk "Tournament" planning - help please EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 12:29 pm

Well, since I've had no replies and no offers of help. This idea is shelved.

Maybe I'll just try hosting a game or two again, and hope someone shows up.
Back to top Go down
http://miniblog.caelyntek.com

Space Hulk "Tournament" planning - help please
Page 1 of 1