CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GURPS group anyone?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Spiritcurse
Neophyte

GURPS group anyone? Empty
PostSubject: GURPS group anyone?   GURPS group anyone? EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 10:48 am

We're using 4th ed (much to my displeasure, I'm used to 3rd, but meh), 100 character points, TL 3, 1000 starting wealth.

We usually play in Manchester, but online is also a real possibility. We'll see if we can set up an irc channel, or borrow a friends one otherwise.

We've got a cleric, two fighters and a mage IRL, we're probably making new characters for online.

Just ask for more details, or even how to play (this is the first time two of us are playing, so we're pretty newb friendly).
Back to top Go down
Qoltar
Initiate
Initiate
Qoltar

PostSubject: Re: GURPS group anyone?   GURPS group anyone? EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 1:08 pm

TWO Questions:

1) Where the heck is Manchester?

2) Have met yet? For most people on here I'm the only GURPS player or GM that they know or have heard of. (There is that one young lady and her boyfriend - they're still playing 3rd edition)

I work at Sci Fi city at Northgate Mall.

- Ed C.
Back to top Go down
Spiritcurse
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: GURPS group anyone?   GURPS group anyone? EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 3:51 pm

England. I assume by your tone you don't live close enough then eh?

Nope, I'm new. I used to play 3rd, then got 4th because my local store didn't have any 3rd stuff, but plenty of 4th.

You want to join? I'll have to wait a while for my irc channel possessing friend to say if we can use it or not, but it should be cool.
Back to top Go down
Qoltar
Initiate
Initiate
Qoltar

PostSubject: Re: GURPS group anyone?   GURPS group anyone? EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 5:09 pm

England??!!??

I thought maybe there was a Manchester, Ohio somewhere in this state.

Most people signed up on this forum are either living in the Cincinnati, Ohio area or once did.

Wow.

So, yes traveling to the U.K. might be difficult for me for a monthly or weekly game.

How did you find us? This forum? Was it the Warhammer stuff? Or the RPG connections?

I just started running a GURPS mini-campaign last week.
- Ed C.
Back to top Go down
Spiritcurse
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: GURPS group anyone?   GURPS group anyone? EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 5:16 pm

Wouldn't surprise me if there was, but I mean the England one.

Looking though the forumotion boards, I run another gaming forum, wanted to see what other ones were out there.

Online? If it is, mind if I join in? And either way, interested in ours?
Back to top Go down
The Madman
Sergeant
Sergeant
The Madman

PostSubject: Re: GURPS group anyone?   GURPS group anyone? EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 8:01 am

RPG gaming has reached a new high on outreach
with faster forums like Plothook.net and systems like SKYPE

you fellows could participate in some sessions "together"...
Back to top Go down
http://www.cincyrec.org
Qoltar
Initiate
Initiate
Qoltar

PostSubject: Re: GURPS group anyone?   GURPS group anyone? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 12:12 am

Spiritcurse wrote:
England. I assume by your tone you don't live close enough then eh?

Nope, I'm new. I used to play 3rd, then got 4th because my local store didn't have any 3rd stuff, but plenty of 4th.

You want to join? I'll have to wait a while for my irc channel possessing friend to say if we can use it or not, but it should be cool.

There is a Manchester!!! Manchester, Ohio that is ! .

I knew I wasn't crazy.

Tonight the local TV stations are running School delays & closings because of the big snowstorm and I saw ' Manchester local schools' listed.

No wonder I thought there was a nearby Manchester - because there is.

Sorry, Spirit, - wish we had STAR TREK-style transporters to make gaming with people easier.

- Edmund C.
Back to top Go down
Spiritcurse
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: GURPS group anyone?   GURPS group anyone? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 11:32 am

Well, we've got the internet channel sorted alright, so most days we can play on that. About 9pm (GMT) is good for us, we'll have to talk about actual day some other time.

Though there's a Dark Heresy game scheduled every Friday at 9pm (GMT), if anyone plays and can make it on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GURPS group anyone?   GURPS group anyone? Empty

Back to top Go down

GURPS group anyone?
Page 1 of 1