CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What about WYSIWYDG?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Perdair
Neophyte

What about WYSIWYDG? Empty
PostSubject: What about WYSIWYDG?   What about WYSIWYDG? EmptyThu Nov 15, 2007 8:32 am

Hey, as a corollary conversation to the WYSIWYG discussion, what about What You See Is What You DON'T Get?

By this I mean, say, for example, I've put my Rhino together with the added storm bolter and dozer blade and such, but then I decide, when making a certain list, that I don't want to pay for them on that list? Is it ok to field that model and tell your opponent you're not using that upgrade?
Should you stick something on it to cover it up?

How about a sergeant with a melta bomb on him, and I decide I don't wanna pay for the bombs?

How would most of you handle this in a friendly game?

How do you think they do it in a tourney?
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: What about WYSIWYDG?   What about WYSIWYDG? EmptyThu Nov 15, 2007 11:15 am

In friendlies it isn't a problem at all... Just let them know.

In a tournament it shouldn't be too much of a problem, just let your opponent know what the model has and doesn't have. Plus normally they ill have a copy of your list to look at anyway.

Most tournament armies don't have this problem though, they are normally fixed in the modeling department to avoid it. Local tournaments you will see a bit of it though.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: What about WYSIWYDG?   What about WYSIWYDG? EmptyThu Nov 15, 2007 2:12 pm

I also wouldn't think things like a melta bomb tucked onto someone's belt will be as big of a deal as the dozer blades and pintle mounted weapons. It's kinda hard to keep remembering that things don't exist when they are large and keep staring at you.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: What about WYSIWYDG?   What about WYSIWYDG? EmptyThu Nov 15, 2007 2:37 pm

Agreed, more important for things like extra armor (which, for tournament purposes, should be modeled).
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What about WYSIWYDG?   What about WYSIWYDG? Empty

Back to top Go down

What about WYSIWYDG?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer 40k :: 40k Rules Questions & Discussion-
Jump to: