CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HIGH ELF 500 PT Part Deux!

Go down 
+2
Marc
CJ
6 posters
AuthorMessage
CJ
Captain
Captain

HIGH ELF 500 PT Part Deux! Empty
PostSubject: HIGH ELF 500 PT Part Deux!   HIGH ELF 500 PT Part Deux! EmptyThu Nov 15, 2007 9:54 pm

OK with Codex in hand.....models on the way.....here is my list I'm planning on running for the 500 pt games....this is only a temp list...after my first game....I'll make tweeks from there.

FYI...only reason I'm not using a bolt thrower is that it's 100 pts. I want to use some small blocks of models for now to see how it goes. I do have a diverse list.

All High Elves have these special rules....Valour of Ages and Speed os Asuryan.

Commander--123 pts
Noble
Elven Steed
Dragon Armor
Sword of Battle
Enchanted Sheild

Core--177 pts

Archersx8
Light Armor....I don't want to lose these guys too easy....
Hand Weapon, Longbow

Spearmenx9......these guys are now 9 pts a pop and archers are 11 pts
also have Special ability Martial Prowess
hand weapon, spear, Light armor, sheild

Special--200

Sword Masters of Hoethx5
2 handed sword(great wpn), hand weapon, heavy armor

Silverhelmsx5
sheilds
Barded Elven Steed, Hand weapon, lance, Heavy ARmor

tear it apart......

there's just so much to choose from.....In games like this,.....I can choose 2+ core, 0-5 special units, and 0-2 rare.....the possibilities are endles..

Let me know what you think!!! Any questions...just ask!

Last edited by on Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: HIGH ELF 500 PT Part Deux!   HIGH ELF 500 PT Part Deux! EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 1:51 pm

You may be better off putting your SpearElves in one main block.

Combat Resolution played a big part in our Lizardmen vs Skaven game. Those ranks really help IMO.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: HIGH ELF 500 PT Part Deux!   HIGH ELF 500 PT Part Deux! EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 6:15 pm

good advice......but overall what do you think?
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: HIGH ELF 500 PT Part Deux!   HIGH ELF 500 PT Part Deux! EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 6:54 pm

Gots to start somewhere CJ Wink

I have not read the new HE book, but you have 3 Infantry "blocks" and some Archers. Looks like a safe start. Lets play and find out.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: HIGH ELF 500 PT Part Deux!   HIGH ELF 500 PT Part Deux! EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 7:12 pm

give me a week or two to get everything in and your on!
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: HIGH ELF 500 PT Part Deux!   HIGH ELF 500 PT Part Deux! EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 7:29 pm

I would be a little concerned that your hero is 25% of your force points-wise. After being on the losing end today against Marc, one of the biggest swings was my overly expensive hero getting slightly isolated after killing something and getting mowed down by jezzails. Your hero is on a horse making him unable to join any units, so he will be getting sniped from the get go. I might consider putting him on foot and leading a unit of infantry. With that points reduction I might also look at losing the swordmasters and getting a bolt thrower. That long range power can be pretty key in small games.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: HIGH ELF 500 PT Part Deux!   HIGH ELF 500 PT Part Deux! EmptySun Nov 18, 2007 11:15 pm

bump
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: HIGH ELF 500 PT Part Deux!   HIGH ELF 500 PT Part Deux! EmptyMon Nov 19, 2007 8:27 am

CJ wrote:
there's just so much to choose from.....In games like this,.....I can choose 2+ core, 0-5 special units, and 0-2 rare.....the possibilities are endles..

In Warbands CJ you may select just 1 Spaecial and 1 Rare. If you do not choose a Rare, than a 2nd Special may be taken.

JMarv wrote:
Your hero is on a horse making him unable to join any units

Sure you can Very Happy ..its not prohibited anywhere
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: HIGH ELF 500 PT Part Deux!   HIGH ELF 500 PT Part Deux! EmptyMon Nov 19, 2007 10:00 am

Marc...I just relized that after reading it in the rulebook....I'm still safe!
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: HIGH ELF 500 PT Part Deux!   HIGH ELF 500 PT Part Deux! EmptyMon Nov 19, 2007 11:56 am

Indeed. When can you get a game in?
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: HIGH ELF 500 PT Part Deux!   HIGH ELF 500 PT Part Deux! EmptyMon Nov 19, 2007 12:31 pm

Well....my Swprds should be arriving today or tomorrow and my Batallion set should be in hopefully by Wed. All I need to do is some partial to at least getting representation on base....then I'm shooting for Dec. 1st. This will be my next Sat off.......
Back to top Go down
CaptainHonkey
Neophyte
CaptainHonkey

PostSubject: Re: HIGH ELF 500 PT Part Deux!   HIGH ELF 500 PT Part Deux! EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 1:53 am

Instead of giving your noble sword of battle give him a great weapon it works out a lot better after all your always gonna strike first so the great weapon wont slow u down and you'll be strike first with someone strength 6. Archers are cool in all but really they only do good against armies that are toughness 3, and truthfully light armor for them is really just a waste of points cause to many things are strength 4 and it wont give you a save. What really works well in High Elves is large blocks of 20 spearmen in a squad with full command, White Lions because they're stronger than Sword Masters they can move threw forests with no penalty and they have a 3+ save against shooting, and very important Bolt Throwers, you can never have enough bolt throwers
Back to top Go down
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: HIGH ELF 500 PT Part Deux!   HIGH ELF 500 PT Part Deux! EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 8:07 pm

Bolt throwers are over priced. I bring them because they are great firepower. Just remember you are not getting full advantage for your spearmen if you don't have at least 3 ranks. They can be nasty when someone charges them and you get 3 ranks hiting first. My codex is still out on loan, but I believe Corhil is 150. If so, he is your best bet on foot with a unit of pheonix guard instead of the silverhelms and swordmasters. then you have a block of stubborn, 4+ ward save dudes with great weapons.
Back to top Go down
CaptainHonkey
Neophyte
CaptainHonkey

PostSubject: Re: HIGH ELF 500 PT Part Deux!   HIGH ELF 500 PT Part Deux! EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 11:18 pm

The elven Bolt Throwers aren't over priced they're well worth the points being able to shoot 6 strength 4 shots with -2 to armor they will definatly do their jobs at thining out enemy ranks. And truthfully Korhil is great and all but when the enemy attacks back he dies pretty quick but he is worth the 140pts, the better choice is definatly Caradryan and he's only 35pts more than korhil, he is 1 strength less and doesn't have Killing Blow but he's still strength 5 flamming attacks, has a 5+ Save and 4+ Ward, has magic resistence (3), and if he's killed in close combat the model that killed him take D6 wounds with no armor save allowed
Back to top Go down
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: HIGH ELF 500 PT Part Deux!   HIGH ELF 500 PT Part Deux! EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 8:34 am

Do a comparison of the bolt throw to the Ork Chuka, huge price difference. Most War Machines have 3 crew, not 2 and it is a random roll on the hits, you might not get 6. Against most armies, you don't need armor piercing. On the upside, if you are fighting a heavily armored opponent, they shine. I bring them, because of the lack of good rare choices and they fill a gap for High Elves even if they are overpriced.

In a 500 point battle, you can't bring a leader that cost more than 150 points total. Last I checked, Corhil had armor. Best value for a 500 point army otherwise known as a warband.
Back to top Go down
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: HIGH ELF 500 PT Part Deux!   HIGH ELF 500 PT Part Deux! EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 8:47 am

Just keep in mind that High Elves are pretty weak at 500. They don't really start to shine until you're at least at 1500.

that goes for all elves.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aowcinci.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HIGH ELF 500 PT Part Deux!   HIGH ELF 500 PT Part Deux! Empty

Back to top Go down

HIGH ELF 500 PT Part Deux!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer Fantasy :: Fantasy Army Lists and Tactics-
Jump to: