CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lugh Sadh Eldar-Harlequin Farseer on Jetbike

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
guynamedFleck
Neophyte
guynamedFleck

Lugh Sadh Eldar-Harlequin Farseer on Jetbike Empty
PostSubject: Lugh Sadh Eldar-Harlequin Farseer on Jetbike   Lugh Sadh Eldar-Harlequin Farseer on Jetbike EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 11:35 pm

I've recently been working on a custom Jetlock council for my harley themed Eldar army. Frank out at Acme was kind enough to paint up my Farseer, and can I say, he pulled out all the stops. I thought I would share the end result.

Lugh Sadh Eldar-Harlequin Farseer on Jetbike 78353_sm-Harlequin%20Farseer%20on%20Jetbike%205Lugh Sadh Eldar-Harlequin Farseer on Jetbike 78349_sm-Harlequin%20Farseer%20on%20Jetbike
Lugh Sadh Eldar-Harlequin Farseer on Jetbike 78352_sm-Harlequin%20Farseer%20on%20Jetbike%204Lugh Sadh Eldar-Harlequin Farseer on Jetbike 78350_sm-Harlequin%20Farseer%20on%20Jetbike%202
Lugh Sadh Eldar-Harlequin Farseer on Jetbike 78351_sm-Harlequin%20Farseer%20on%20Jetbike%203
Back to top Go down
Sneezypanda
Neophyte
Sneezypanda

PostSubject: Re: Lugh Sadh Eldar-Harlequin Farseer on Jetbike   Lugh Sadh Eldar-Harlequin Farseer on Jetbike EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 12:17 am

I think he looks awesome! My only complaint is that it is not a "true" harlequin color scheme. But I suppose Frank isn't one of those nancy boy eldar types, which is also why he eldar are not painted?(thats the joke, right?)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lugh Sadh Eldar-Harlequin Farseer on Jetbike   Lugh Sadh Eldar-Harlequin Farseer on Jetbike EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 6:11 am

Very nice. I'm not sure what isn't True Harlequin about the paint job. Looks spot on to me. Harlequins were never locked into particular colors.
Back to top Go down
Sneezypanda
Neophyte
Sneezypanda

PostSubject: Re: Lugh Sadh Eldar-Harlequin Farseer on Jetbike   Lugh Sadh Eldar-Harlequin Farseer on Jetbike EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 6:27 am

They just always seem to be dressed in rainbow colors, this is more wood elf-y.
Back to top Go down
HAND OF DUME
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Lugh Sadh Eldar-Harlequin Farseer on Jetbike   Lugh Sadh Eldar-Harlequin Farseer on Jetbike EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 8:19 am

Nice work. I like the heavy weapons platform conversion for the bike.
Back to top Go down
guynamedFleck
Neophyte
guynamedFleck

PostSubject: Re: Lugh Sadh Eldar-Harlequin Farseer on Jetbike   Lugh Sadh Eldar-Harlequin Farseer on Jetbike EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 9:27 am

Sneezypanda wrote:
They just always seem to be dressed in rainbow colors, this is more wood elf-y.
Well, there are a fair bit of wood elf bits in the conversions of this army. GW did a beautiful job with the new wood elf sculpts and they lend well to eldar conversions.
The more 'wood elf-y' style was actually exactly what I requested of Frank. My eldar army is painted more to the grim/dark side of the spectrum (Frank actually argues with me that Eldar should be bright and colorful), so thats why they don't look like 'happy clowns.' Lugh Sadh Eldar-Harlequin Farseer on Jetbike Icon_jokercolor I also wanted to distinguish them from Harlies on bikes as much as possible (heres to positive thinking that someday harlies will get their own codex back). Which is why the cloak is not brightly colored.

and If you think this guy looks wood elf-y, wait until you see the warlock w/ enhance conversion. It's actually a wood elf model.

Hand of Dume wrote:
Nice work. I like the heavy weapons platform conversion for the bike.
Yeah, I had seen some examples of the support weapon bases used, but the harlies are tiny, tiny models. As I don't often field my guardians, I thought that their heavy bases were more appropriately sized. It also gave me a perfect opportunity to play around with the movement of the harlie models. Who would have guessed that Newton's Laws would be so applicable in modeling a jetlock council, hahaLugh Sadh Eldar-Harlequin Farseer on Jetbike Icon_clown

John Gremrich wrote:
Very nice. I'm not sure what isn't True Harlequin about the paint job.
Looks spot on to me. Harlequins were never locked into particular
colors.
That means a lot coming from such a talented painter, I'll be sure to pass along the compliments to Frank.
Back to top Go down
Sneezypanda
Neophyte
Sneezypanda

PostSubject: Re: Lugh Sadh Eldar-Harlequin Farseer on Jetbike   Lugh Sadh Eldar-Harlequin Farseer on Jetbike EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 8:17 pm

Well if thats what it is supposed to look like... it looks awesome! I just wasn't sure if it was intended to look like that or not.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Lugh Sadh Eldar-Harlequin Farseer on Jetbike   Lugh Sadh Eldar-Harlequin Farseer on Jetbike EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 8:35 pm

..very cool, more please
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lugh Sadh Eldar-Harlequin Farseer on Jetbike   Lugh Sadh Eldar-Harlequin Farseer on Jetbike Empty

Back to top Go down

Lugh Sadh Eldar-Harlequin Farseer on Jetbike
Page 1 of 1