CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hordes/Warmachine

Go down 
+11
Stinkyninja
Affliction
CJ
Makari
Marc
altahara
Bojesphob
minidragon
Qoltar
Matt
Sigma Golem
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sigma Golem
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sigma Golem

Hordes/Warmachine Empty
PostSubject: Hordes/Warmachine   Hordes/Warmachine EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 11:44 pm

Is anyone playing Hordes or Warmachine on a regular basis these days?
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

Hordes/Warmachine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hordes/Warmachine   Hordes/Warmachine EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 12:27 am

I am! But I now live in seattle.

I know Chad/Dennis play.

As do quite a few others of the local crew
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Qoltar
Initiate
Initiate
Qoltar

Hordes/Warmachine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hordes/Warmachine   Hordes/Warmachine EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 12:43 pm

There was a recent WARMACHINE /Hordes demo at the store.

I know that Keith still plays sometimes.

There still seems to be interest in it, yes.

- Ed C.
Back to top Go down
minidragon
Neophyte

Hordes/Warmachine Empty
PostSubject: Absolutely!   Hordes/Warmachine EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 6:46 pm

I play reguarly, usually at Sci-Fi city at Northgate Mall or at Krystal Keep in Dayton.

I live a hop skip and jump away from Up, Up, and Away! in Cheviot so give me a shout if you ever want to play!
Back to top Go down
http://www.minidragon.net
Sigma Golem
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sigma Golem

Hordes/Warmachine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hordes/Warmachine   Hordes/Warmachine EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 7:27 pm

Sounds like Warmachine is the dominite over Hordes?
Back to top Go down
Qoltar
Initiate
Initiate
Qoltar

Hordes/Warmachine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hordes/Warmachine   Hordes/Warmachine EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 9:59 am

Sigma Golem wrote:
Sounds like Warmachine is the dominite over Hordes?

Not the 'expert' here, but I thought you could mix them together on the battlefield if you wanted to. (or if both players agree to)

Aren't the basic combat rules mostly the same?

- Ed C.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

Hordes/Warmachine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hordes/Warmachine   Hordes/Warmachine EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 12:44 pm

You can mix them all you want (well one play has one and the other play has the other)

No agreement beyond agreeing to play necessary. Just make sure that if you are playing mk2 warmachine that you download (or find) the free beta test rules and cards for mk2 hordes.

I have them if anyone wants them just pm me and i can email them over.

Oh and some minions for hordes will work for warmachine factions and some mercs for warmachine will work for hordes factions. Just check their mk2 cards for who will work with who!
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

Hordes/Warmachine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hordes/Warmachine   Hordes/Warmachine EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 3:39 pm

How many minis does it take to field an army? I have looked at the Circle of Orboros (I think that's how it's spelled), and like the minis for that, and if you don't need that many minis, I may buy some and get into this.
Back to top Go down
altahara
Sergeant
Sergeant
altahara

Hordes/Warmachine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hordes/Warmachine   Hordes/Warmachine EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 5:04 pm

should be the same as warmachine.. as few as 5.. up to... lots...
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

Hordes/Warmachine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hordes/Warmachine   Hordes/Warmachine EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 5:12 pm

I actually haven't played either yet. Just trying to figure out about how little I could get away with spending to be able to get into the game. I definitely don't need another 2000 dollar army laying around. If I can get into it without spending a lot, I'll probably take the plunge...
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

Hordes/Warmachine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hordes/Warmachine   Hordes/Warmachine EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 6:03 pm

Good place to start is the battlebox.

Althought kaya is not what she once was she is a good beginner caster, and the other models in the box work well with her.

After that a unit of druids of orboros and their unit attachment and you are good to go. Spatter in a few more units and you'll soon be at 35 points (decent sized game)

Good units to add after the battlebox

- either satyr
- any of the warpwolves
- druids of orboros
- lord of the feast
- wolves of orboros
- either kharn unit and their UA

good secondary casters

- baldur is good for scenario play
- krueger is fun and pretty competitive
- kromac is a beat stick
Back to top Go down
altahara
Sergeant
Sergeant
altahara

Hordes/Warmachine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hordes/Warmachine   Hordes/Warmachine EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 6:03 pm

50 for the starter box.. like 50 for units and solos.. and that should be a good 25pt army.. or more depending on the things yuo get

Last edited by altahara on Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

Hordes/Warmachine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hordes/Warmachine   Hordes/Warmachine EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 6:06 pm

50 for a starter box is STEEP.

warstore has them much cheaper.

Can't stress enough that units and solos are important in hordes. Otherwise the fury management on beasts can get tough during turns of peak activity.

Lord of the feast is awesome, get him and love him.
Back to top Go down
altahara
Sergeant
Sergeant
altahara

Hordes/Warmachine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hordes/Warmachine   Hordes/Warmachine EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 6:26 pm

yea just rounding really.. about $100 is a good sized force
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

Hordes/Warmachine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hordes/Warmachine   Hordes/Warmachine EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 8:49 am

That's not too horribly bad. I'll have to start looking into funding Smile
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

Hordes/Warmachine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hordes/Warmachine   Hordes/Warmachine EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 9:56 am

Reading the Hordes quick start pdf now Embarassed

Looks like Jan 29th they did a model update for Hordes?
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

Hordes/Warmachine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hordes/Warmachine   Hordes/Warmachine EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 10:45 am

ugh *smacks forehead* lol Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

Hordes/Warmachine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hordes/Warmachine   Hordes/Warmachine EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 11:31 am

@Matt

How about a breakdown for Skorne, Everblight and Trollblood like you did Orboros? You the man.. Cool
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

Hordes/Warmachine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hordes/Warmachine   Hordes/Warmachine EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 12:15 pm

makari wrote:
ugh *smacks forehead* lol Suspect

I agree with you Sean. 40k love no exsitant in this thread
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

Hordes/Warmachine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hordes/Warmachine   Hordes/Warmachine EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 12:16 pm

Sure why not.

Also marc... pm me your email and ill send you the full beta rules for mk2 hordes.

Anyone getting into either side of the game should pick up the mk2 WM rulebook as it's very close to hordes anyway and will help you understand how to play against warcasters/warjacks vs just knowing how to play with your warlocks/beasts.

Onto the trollbloods and skorne!

Skorne.

Again the battlebox is always a good place to start (always good value for money)

Best part about the battlebox is that you get the titan gladiator! Even with his nerf from mk1... he's still one of the best going.

The titan bronzeback is a pretty decent addition to this box... although some troops would be good at this point too. Depends on what caster you go with, xerxis is a good infantry 'lock that can still handle beasts... and he is a beatstick in and of himself.

Paingivers are nice to provide boosts to your beasts... but it really depends on what route you take. Almost ALL of the skorne units are decent to really good. Not much you can go wrong with provided it has synergy with the list you going with.

PM me if you decide to rock these and we can work out how i can get a Xerxis and 2 Titan Bronzebacks to you for a fraction of the cost.

Onto the trollbloods.

Haven't seen much of these guys in mk2 yet although i hear alot of people raving about their cavalry (they stayed at 8 hitboxes when nearly every other cav in both hordes and WM dropped to 5) and their lock grim angus (who was not considered that good in mk11 but got a big mk2 boost.)

I have grim angus if you want him...

Trolls have a few auto buys.

Mulg the ancient is still and will always be one of the best single models in the game. He kills just about anything you aim him at. Big points though.

Axers (which you get in the battlebox) are awesome light beasts, thresher on them allows you to kill infantry by the bucket load.

The impaler comes in the battlebox too and compliments angus nicely.

I dunno, againt havent seen much of em in mk2... but they are another solid choice.

I'd say both skorne and trolls have the most solid lineup of models (looks wise too.) You can't really go wrong with their units as they are mostly solid choices. I'd say pick up the battlebox, angus, and a mauler... playtest a few games then pick from one of the units that you think will fill a gap in the list (the ranged bushwacker guys might work here, but you might go balls to the wall and roll with some more melee goodness)

You'll also have two casters at that point to help vary things up a little.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

Hordes/Warmachine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hordes/Warmachine   Hordes/Warmachine EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 5:53 pm

Good stuff Matt...

So it looks like the game is about to be re-released to this MkII

They went and involved the community on how the game evolved Shocked

I will have to see Kendall on using my 40k CAG drawing gift card to buy some Hordes models, lol
Back to top Go down
Affliction
Forum Moderator
Affliction

Hordes/Warmachine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hordes/Warmachine   Hordes/Warmachine EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 1:20 am

The Warmachine MKII is out already and not sure they have a release date for Hordes MKII.

The new book, like all the PP stuff is done to a amazing standard with great art, good stories and backdrop to the steam driven fantasy world.

I have about 35 points of Cryx not sure I am going to push much bigger than a 50 point game. I like the quick skirmish style of the smaller games.

BTW, Matt if you are looking to get off those Pistol Wraiths still let me know what you want for them I will prob throw at least one or both in once my army evolves.
Back to top Go down
http://theblackparade2010.blogspot.com/
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

Hordes/Warmachine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hordes/Warmachine   Hordes/Warmachine EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 10:24 am

Wait a sec...

Can I play Hordes on Vassal?
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

Hordes/Warmachine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hordes/Warmachine   Hordes/Warmachine EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 12:13 pm

Sure can Marc.

Release date for Hordes Mk2 is May-ish based upon the intro to the last NW magazine. They've stated a few times that they want all of the 'forces of...' books out for every single army by the end of the year too.

...and sure thing chad. Shoot me an address. Pistol wraiths are mean Smile
Back to top Go down
Affliction
Forum Moderator
Affliction

Hordes/Warmachine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hordes/Warmachine   Hordes/Warmachine EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 1:02 pm

PM sent Matt...

Marc if you find a link to a Warmachine/Hordes mod for vassal could you post it please. I know GW shut down running Vassal40K (the bastards), but I would be willing to try out some Warmachine.
Back to top Go down
http://theblackparade2010.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

Hordes/Warmachine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hordes/Warmachine   Hordes/Warmachine Empty

Back to top Go down

Hordes/Warmachine
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warmachine/Hordes :: General Discussion-
Jump to: