CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New player and Starting Blood Angels

Go down 
+6
Matt
Marc
wittdooley
Warmonger
Makari
Deathjack the Ripper
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Deathjack the Ripper
Neophyte
Deathjack the Ripper

New player and Starting Blood Angels Empty
PostSubject: New player and Starting Blood Angels   New player and Starting Blood Angels EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 4:14 pm

So I love angels. I'm starting a Blood Angels list and I want to play lots of angles and death company. You guys shouls look at my post on the yottaquest forums. Thoughts would be great. Any current Blood Angels players should contact me so we can talk about strengths and weaknesses.

Forgot to mention I'm Shane Coates and my yotta forum name is Skorne.
Back to top Go down
Deathjack the Ripper
Neophyte
Deathjack the Ripper

PostSubject: Re: New player and Starting Blood Angels   New player and Starting Blood Angels EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 6:29 pm

Hello everybody. I will be at yottaquest tommorrow afternoon. If anyone has some time to come talk about lists and rules for the game I would appriciate it. I also don't have any models together yet because I wanted to equip them as needed. Currently I have The sanguinar HQ, 1 unit of Sanguinary Guard , 1 5 man unit of Death company. I have a shipment in for Astorath the Grim, Lemartes Guardian of the Lost, and Brother Corbulo. What should be the next thing to get? I am working toward 1750 as that seems to be a common standard for this area.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: New player and Starting Blood Angels   New player and Starting Blood Angels EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 7:03 am

Welcome to the CAG forums!!!

I am going through the Blood Angels Codex and I haven't finished to give my full opinion yet maybe this weekend I'll be able to finish it properly and discuss here on the forum.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Warmonger
Initiate
Initiate
Warmonger

PostSubject: Re: New player and Starting Blood Angels   New player and Starting Blood Angels EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 8:11 am

Hello and welcome!
Back to top Go down
Deathjack the Ripper
Neophyte
Deathjack the Ripper

PostSubject: Re: New player and Starting Blood Angels   New player and Starting Blood Angels EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 9:32 am

Well I started putting my sanguinary guard together can decided to upgrade the models as follows. I gave the unit Deathmasks, one model a power fist, one model an infus pistol (range 6" str 8 AP 1) and one model a plasma pistol. Is it really better to get more models or is it a good idea to upgrade some models?
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: New player and Starting Blood Angels   New player and Starting Blood Angels EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 9:55 am

Death masks are okay to do, but if you plan on running them with Dante, you dont need them. Remember that you only want the infernus pistols if you plan on using the Sanguinary Guard to open up vehicles (which I personally don't think you do.)

You need troops choices that can score. So you'll need either Tac Squads, Assault Squads, or both. If you go with Tac Squads, they'll need transports.
Back to top Go down
Deathjack the Ripper
Neophyte
Deathjack the Ripper

PostSubject: Re: New player and Starting Blood Angels   New player and Starting Blood Angels EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 10:02 am

I see. So what about the power fist and plasma pistol? I think i'll do assult squads so everything can have jump packs. I will run dante eventually, but my first list is going to be the Sanguinor and Astorath.
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: New player and Starting Blood Angels   New player and Starting Blood Angels EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 10:56 am

Okay, if you're going there you need to look at the strengths of each of those characters.

Asotrath is going to let you have a better chance of Red Thirst, plus he gives you unlimited Death Co choices. The obvious route with him is to have a few units of Death Co, but you have to remember that they CAN NOT SCORE. Therefore, you really need some other troops.

If you're new, I wouldn't run Sanguinor. He's going to be a beatstick, but he can't join units. You'll have to worry about him on his own, and I don't know that's what you want if you're learning.

If you want something really assaulty and with no armour, you could keep Asto, grab 1-2 units of Death Co, get a few more units of Assault Troops, and make sure you take Sanguinary Priests. Sanguinary Priests are, IMO, the best elites choice we have.
Back to top Go down
Deathjack the Ripper
Neophyte
Deathjack the Ripper

PostSubject: Re: New player and Starting Blood Angels   New player and Starting Blood Angels EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 1:04 pm

You can take 3 priest for 1 choice. Can you split them up i a battle or are they considered a unit? Also why cant the sanguinor join a unit?
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: New player and Starting Blood Angels   New player and Starting Blood Angels EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 2:03 pm

He's not an IC, so no unit joining. Mephiston can't join either. Consider them Monstrous Creatures for all intents and purposes.

Yes, Sanguinary Priests can be taken 1-3 for ONE elite choice, and then split up similar to Wolf Guard.
Back to top Go down
Deathjack the Ripper
Neophyte
Deathjack the Ripper

PostSubject: Re: New player and Starting Blood Angels   New player and Starting Blood Angels EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 2:13 pm

Ok thanks for all the answers. Do you think it's better to leave the death company with bolt pistols or give the bolters. I think they would just crush punks in melee. How about the Librarian Dreadnought? It seems pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: New player and Starting Blood Angels   New player and Starting Blood Angels EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 2:52 pm

Welcome to the boards..
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: New player and Starting Blood Angels   New player and Starting Blood Angels EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 3:54 pm

Welcome!

I think Sanguinor (sp?) looks good for smaller games (as you intend to run for a while.)
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

PostSubject: Re: New player and Starting Blood Angels   New player and Starting Blood Angels EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 4:03 pm

Welcome to the boards!
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: New player and Starting Blood Angels   New player and Starting Blood Angels EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 8:55 pm

Son of Sanguinius wrote:
Ok thanks for all the answers. Do you think it's better to leave the death company with bolt pistols or give the bolters. I think they would just crush punks in melee. How about the Librarian Dreadnought? It seems pretty good.

I think...and this is just me... that both could work very well as long as you keep them in units with like weapons (i.e, CC+Bolt Pistols in one group, Bolters in another). Using Astorath, I think this could be very fun as relentless is going to let you always use your rapid fire and assault if need be. They're still getting 2 base attacks, with 3 on the charge, so that isn't too shabby.

You know, the Librarian dread is new to everyone, and its really an unprecedented unit. I think it's absolutely worth trying out and seeing hows you like it.
Back to top Go down
Deathjack the Ripper
Neophyte
Deathjack the Ripper

PostSubject: Re: New player and Starting Blood Angels   New player and Starting Blood Angels EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 10:18 am

Thanks again for your thoughts. So I see it's common for 1750 in this area, but most tournements are 1850. What point value should I build toward, and what point values shouls I play to get a grasp on the game?
Back to top Go down
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

PostSubject: Re: New player and Starting Blood Angels   New player and Starting Blood Angels EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 11:02 am

Well we were for the longest time doing 1750 but a lot of people have moved up to 1850 for the tournament setting. I would play small 1000 pt games to get the hang of the game and once you feel comfortable and have a good understanding of basic rules both in the game and for your army then move up to larger battles.
Back to top Go down
Deathjack the Ripper
Neophyte
Deathjack the Ripper

PostSubject: Re: New player and Starting Blood Angels   New player and Starting Blood Angels EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 12:35 pm

Sweet. Thanks. is FOR THE GRATER GOOD! a refrence to Hot Fuzz cause that would be amazing.
Back to top Go down
Ronniem11
Initiate
Initiate
Ronniem11

PostSubject: Re: New player and Starting Blood Angels   New player and Starting Blood Angels EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 12:44 pm

Hello and welcome to the forums!
Back to top Go down
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

PostSubject: Re: New player and Starting Blood Angels   New player and Starting Blood Angels EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 1:42 pm

Son of Sanguinius wrote:
Sweet. Thanks. is FOR THE GRATER GOOD! a refrence to Hot Fuzz cause that would be amazing.

Actually its the Tau saying but I completely forgot about that from Hot Fuzz. Great catch on the quote though...lol
Back to top Go down
Stinkyninja
Neophyte
Stinkyninja

PostSubject: Re: New player and Starting Blood Angels   New player and Starting Blood Angels EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 12:15 pm

Hey son of ... ,

I am a newbie and also building a blood angel army- and hang at yotta quest...

Although I am very green to game-I have been watching from a distance for about a year and a half. My take on Death Company. Is fun to play in casual format. But hold the phone on tourney play. I have one unit just for the fluff of it all. But I have seen opposing armies turtle them.Due to the ability known as black rage.In new codex.

Turtle means-They control the movement of unit back and forth. By baiting them with their line of sight and furious charge ability.With 2 different and opposing objects. That are placed by cover...

I saw this happen one time. The other time was watching them wonder around and useless.Now take in to account these were mock games me and a buddy were playing out using proxy pieces to see how the different units play out...

I was trying out different troops and tactics before I took the dive and bought into the faction. I could be wrong with the play of them because I am new...

It also appears to me that Blood Angels are at there best when in close combat or assault style play.Just the feel of the codex and abilities to me.

So I am trying to build upon that dynamic of the game.

2 problems is playing against people who just sit in there vehicles the whole time they play. Which is cheesie to me from a newbie point of view.

...and orcs period due to the huge number of them to deal with...

As far as saguinary guard and the sanguinor -

Well the christ like pose of sanguinor is awful in my opinion the fluff is not much better...

Then add the guard all of which doesnt seem very threatening to me on the battle field .

The wings and the gold nipple armour charging towards you "Don't ask Don't Tell" policy that President Clinton created comes to mind.

Thats the down side and I am working through this Smile

upside for me is the new storm raven model coming out is going to be sick. and Ilove the furioso dreadnoughts.

Hope to see ya at yotta quest sometime...

I am still building and painting for now...
Back to top Go down
ottocannon
Neophyte
ottocannon

PostSubject: Re: New player and Starting Blood Angels   New player and Starting Blood Angels EmptySun May 02, 2010 12:59 pm

Welcome ! I have Blood angels dreadnoughts & predators in stock as well as blister HQ and Elites !
Back to top Go down
http://eastsidegamesncards.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New player and Starting Blood Angels   New player and Starting Blood Angels Empty

Back to top Go down

New player and Starting Blood Angels
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Forum Stuff! :: Say Hello!-
Jump to: