CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New here but looking to play 40K or epic

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mad Dok grotsnik
Neophyte

New here but looking to play 40K or epic Empty
PostSubject: New here but looking to play 40K or epic   New here but looking to play 40K or epic EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 4:21 pm

Hi Guys,

I have been playing 40k since 1st edition, which tells you I am over 30. I have a HUGE Ork army 10,000 points easily, all pro painted. I went undefeated at ACME games 22-0. Thanks to "Snotskraper" my Stompa. I would really enjoy playing a game of 2nd edition, I think GW really watered down the fluff with 3rd edition. I also have 3 armies for epic (orks, imperials and Chaos)

I have a decent sized gaming table in my home or I could travel. I am always available as I am retired.

Let me know, I need to blow something up.

Mad Dok Grotsnik
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: New here but looking to play 40K or epic   New here but looking to play 40K or epic EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 4:28 pm

Welcome

Do you play with the 4th edition ruleset?

Any pics of your horde?

Too bad you have yet to play any competition with your Orks Wink
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
Mad Dok grotsnik
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: New here but looking to play 40K or epic   New here but looking to play 40K or epic EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 4:45 pm

I have the watered down 4th edition rules, have not played with them yet. As for my compition it was easy running over the kids at ACME. I grew up with the owners of Ral Partha, have played some GW guys as well. My Ork warboss was actually painted by the lead artist of RP.

If you wanna show me how it's done, why not forgo the 4th edition for the real deal, 2nd edition Dark Millinium.

WAAGGHH!!!
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: New here but looking to play 40K or epic   New here but looking to play 40K or epic EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 5:05 pm

I think you will find that most people here only play 4th Edition, and the ones that do know how to play 2nd Edition are mostly into competitive play (therefore not really caring to play games from 2nd).

Why no love for 4th? Watered down fluff isn't much of reason. I own almost all of the books and imo they just trimmed the crap.

And come on... let's not say that playing GW guys helps you get better Smile
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: New here but looking to play 40K or epic   New here but looking to play 40K or epic EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 7:20 pm

Mad Dok grotsnik wrote:
If you wanna show me how it's done, why not forgo the 4th edition for the real deal, 2nd edition Dark Millinium.

WAAGGHH!!!

Half cupped rules such as overwatch are not much of a real deal my friend.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: New here but looking to play 40K or epic   New here but looking to play 40K or epic EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 8:42 pm

Agreed, does anyone else miss how broken armies could get back then?

No?

Didn't think so.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Actually   New here but looking to play 40K or epic EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 12:40 pm

I loved 2nd ed. rules. The orks were actually more fun to play with... super powerful but extremely unreliable. MAKARI would be the biggest reason why 2nd was teh best!!!
I liked the different move distances and different rules like overwatch.

I play fourth because no one plays anything else.
I'm hoping GW will redeem themselves with the new codex...
The Shokk attack gun is back but no Makari :-(
I hope they bring back the boar boyz that can have powerfists on cyboarz
as a regular troop type or fast attack option.
The Battle wagon rulz were great too... pile on as many minis as you could, if they fall off in the movement they count as falling off!!!
having Traktor gunz pull apart a tank was fun when it worked.
And gretchin were more useful.
So there I like to see the broken rules!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: New here but looking to play 40K or epic   New here but looking to play 40K or epic EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 12:54 pm

boar boyz are not in there, neither are cyboarz.

shook attack gun is a slight hark back to 2nd ed. Powerful but unreliable just as you said.

gretchin are played down more than the 3rd edition codex.

battle wagon is about the same as in 3rd, it can get the roller though.
Back to top Go down
Mad Dok grotsnik
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: New here but looking to play 40K or epic   New here but looking to play 40K or epic EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 12:55 pm

Everyone is entitled to thier opinion, I just feel GW re-writes the rules every 3 or 4 years so they can make more money. I garuntee they will have 5th edition out before 2010.

I really liked 2nd edition(army based psycic powers, wargear cards and vehicle rules) 3rd edition seemed to phase out the fluff, making all the armies streamlined. The fluff makes the armies more personnable. Now instead of Pulsa Rokkits and Lifta Dropas I get a Zapp Gun. Where did the clan specific rules go, Skarboyz for Goffs, Boarboyz for Snakebites.

I'm obviously venting in the wrong forum, I guess I should at least play one game of 4th before I decide I hate it. I'm a Ork kinda guy, thier fluff MADE the army. It was a gamblers army, one game your Shokk Attack gun misfires, your Stikk bombas blow themselves up(throwing the pin not the gernade) and your weirdboys head explodes. The next game everything goes right your snotlings comandere a dreadnaught, your Pulsa Rokkit goes nuclear and your wierdboy destroys 2 Cannons of Khorne in the same round. In those games the Orks were unstoppable, period.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: New here but looking to play 40K or epic   New here but looking to play 40K or epic EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 12:59 pm

The fluff is still there for the most part, although, in the orks case it has changed a ton.

So I can see where you and Makari are coming from. It is a shame all of the clan rules are gone in the new books and that the Orks have changed so much. I actually prefer the new fluff for them, but if you liked the old stuff... then I can see why you would be unhappy.

I don't think GW rewrite rules to make more money. They do it to catch up with the way they have evolved the codex books.

I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who prefer 2nd Ed.

The sad fact for 2nd Ed fans is that it is well and truly gone. Do you see yourself adapting to enjoy 4th (more competitive play for example)?
Back to top Go down
Mad Dok grotsnik
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: New here but looking to play 40K or epic   New here but looking to play 40K or epic EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 1:06 pm

The sad fact for 2nd Ed fans is that it is well and truly gone. Do you see yourself adapting to enjoy 4th (more competitive play for example)?[/quote]

It seems I have little choice, all my old gaming buddies are now married and no longer allowed to play or have moved away all together. I am perfectly fine with more competitive play, did they have to erase the colorful history of Da Boyz in the process?
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: New here but looking to play 40K or epic   New here but looking to play 40K or epic EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 1:16 pm

Orks were the farthest "out there" after the shift to a more serious universe, thus they suffered the most. Like I said, a shame if you were a fan of what they were.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New here but looking to play 40K or epic   New here but looking to play 40K or epic Empty

Back to top Go down

New here but looking to play 40K or epic
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: General :: Make a Date!-
Jump to: