CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Price increase on the way

Go down 
+4
wittdooley
quickfuze
Affliction
Matt
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

Price increase on the way Empty
PostSubject: Price increase on the way   Price increase on the way EmptyMon May 10, 2010 6:30 pm

Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Affliction
Forum Moderator
Affliction

PostSubject: Re: Price increase on the way   Price increase on the way EmptyMon May 10, 2010 6:51 pm

wonder if they will ship free with a jar of vaseline for your sore ass. No

15% or so increase is a lot to ask, but I guess we will give it to them for the sake of entertainment.
Back to top Go down
http://theblackparade2010.blogspot.com/
quickfuze
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Price increase on the way   Price increase on the way EmptyMon May 10, 2010 7:10 pm

I love how they think that the way to increase profit is to raise prices. This is a proven INEFFECTIVE business model. Who the heck is the CEO of this thing, they should be Poo Poo canned.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Price increase on the way   Price increase on the way EmptyMon May 10, 2010 7:51 pm

stiff increase at 15%
Back to top Go down
Affliction
Forum Moderator
Affliction

PostSubject: Re: Price increase on the way   Price increase on the way EmptyMon May 10, 2010 8:02 pm

Across the boards Games Workshop business model blows. I would really love to be in on one of their board meetings on the topic of "how to improve our outlook now and in the future" and listen to all the asinine ideas that get thrown around.

The thing is there is no REAL competition out for Games Workshop. So they pretty much do what they wish and a large percentage will still buy cause there are not games out there with the following that GW games have.

PP is making a run and I hope they succeed. They are slowly moving to plastics which should cut costs of the game if you do decide to play bigger games. If they can keep costs low and with the AMAZING publications they put out and the clarity of rules and rulings they can compete with GW.

Not sure if Warmachine/Hordes will get as big as 40K or Fantasy, but we can only hope if nothing else to cause some competition for consumers.
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: Price increase on the way   Price increase on the way EmptyMon May 10, 2010 8:37 pm

Chad (Black Parade) wrote:
Across the boards Games Workshop business model blows. I would really love to be in on one of their board meetings on the topic of "how to improve our outlook now and in the future" and listen to all the asinine ideas that get thrown around.

The thing is there is no REAL competition out for Games Workshop. So they pretty much do what they wish and a large percentage will still buy cause there are not games out there with the following that GW games have.

PP is making a run and I hope they succeed. They are slowly moving to plastics which should cut costs of the game if you do decide to play bigger games. If they can keep costs low and with the AMAZING publications they put out and the clarity of rules and rulings they can compete with GW.

Not sure if Warmachine/Hordes will get as big as 40K or Fantasy, but we can only hope if nothing else to cause some competition for consumers.

I agree about PP except for one thing: Their static poses. The plastics they put out are nice, but until they're fully customizable, I don't think they'll sell near as many as a typical GW kit.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Price increase on the way   Price increase on the way EmptyTue May 11, 2010 8:57 am

Well, I've been really starting to collect the PP stuff and already have ~30 points in Circle Orboros and just won an auction on eBay for the Khador army box! Smile Once the tourney is done, I'll be painting furiously to get them all painted. I like the fact that you can play a full game with 5 minis, and still have it be enjoyable Smile

Witt, I'm sure that as PP's popularity continues to rise, they'll come out with better/more dynamically pose-able minis Smile
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Price increase on the way   Price increase on the way EmptyTue May 11, 2010 10:00 am

WELP......looks like I'm done with GW. I got my wolve's....I'm happy.

I'll pour all my extra cash into Warmachine and Hordes...

Dooley....was looking at TrollBloods.....SICK
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Price increase on the way   Price increase on the way EmptyTue May 11, 2010 10:03 am

CJ, talk to Keith, I think he was wanting to get rid of some Trollblood models so he could concentrate on Cryx.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Price increase on the way   Price increase on the way EmptyTue May 11, 2010 12:47 pm

Bojesphob wrote:
CJ, talk to Keith, I think he was wanting to get rid of some Trollblood models so he could concentrate on Cryx.

Nah....I'm good for now....I'll wait till Hordes MK2 all come flowing out....

I'm collecting Retibution right now....currently at 9 points and picking a few things up Friday hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Affliction
Forum Moderator
Affliction

PostSubject: Re: Price increase on the way   Price increase on the way EmptyTue May 11, 2010 1:05 pm

System to System Warmachine isn't cheaper....for my Cryx army I am wanting, its still going to cost me around $300 for a 35 point list.

When I first started with Warmachine I thought it would be cheaper because of the model count, but cost per model in a box is higher. So it really works out to being close to the same price.

Cost per Point:
1500 points GW = 35 Points PP

Of course as always if you go to the extreme with any army, a lot of Heavy Warjacks or a bunch of Leman Russ Tanks you will throw the numbers off.

This is my assessment at least for a Cryx stand point.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Price increase on the way   Price increase on the way EmptyTue May 11, 2010 1:21 pm

I'll have a 35 point Circle army, once I get Megalith (if that's what I go with... I'll either do that or get some Ravagers), it'll have cost me about 140 bucks. But, of course, that's off of eBay, though, and I have been getting some good deals lately. The Khador battlegroup I just got was 28 + 7 for shipping, so I got it for 35 shipped. Retail it's 49.99, and most Buy It Nows are about 40. Then, I was able to get a Warpwolf for about 18 bucks shipped, that was nice too (usually 29.99 retail) Smile

I have bought a few things at retail (Shadowhorn Satyr, Kreugar, Lord of the feast), so if I want something and can't find a good eBay deal, I have no problem buying from one of the local stores. So, yeah, it definitely can add up quick, but at least I know that I'm buying stuff that I like and that I'll use. I've spent so much on 40k, some of which I'll probably never use, that its kind of sad.... Heck, my warhound titan came unglued a few months ago, and I haven't even thought through how I'm going to fix it!
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: Price increase on the way   Price increase on the way EmptyTue May 11, 2010 2:36 pm

I hate my skorne stuff. The big monsters are so horribly cast. Lots of green stuff required.

That's turned me off considerably.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Price increase on the way   Price increase on the way EmptyTue May 11, 2010 3:46 pm

wittdooley wrote:
I hate my skorne stuff. The big monsters are so horribly cast. Lots of green stuff required.

That's turned me off considerably.

Now when I first as getting in, I bought some Cygnar. I didn't have much trouple with any of my stuff fitting together.

Metals your going to have problems with period. And It's every company that deals with metal is going to have a problem. GW as well.

I priced my cost for my 35 pt Retribution army.

About 200. Egh. I'm in for fast game play....I don't really care. But AGAIN...I don't see PP upping their prices or Spartan Games. I'm sorry. But I refuce to buy a box of 5 plastic mini's in multiple poses for $40 bucks...
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Price increase on the way   Price increase on the way EmptyTue May 11, 2010 3:57 pm

What it seems, to me, that GW is doing, is trying to get the cost of a mini to equal what it was when it was metal. So, a terminator back in the day was, what, 16 bucks for a metal mini? If they do a 15% increase on terminators, they'll be up to about 11.5 a mini. What kills me is that the profit on the metal was probably only about 15%, and with the plastic, it's probably 60-70%.

I just wonder how long it will take for the lack of demand to get them to lower prices so that they attract customers back...

ETA: I just looked at the Space Marine list of products, and normal troop metal mini's (like the normal sergeant, sternguard individual, etc) are all at 11.50 a piece. Looks like that's pretty much what they are trying to do is make them the same.
Back to top Go down
ottocannon
Neophyte
ottocannon

PostSubject: Re: Price increase on the way   Price increase on the way EmptyTue May 11, 2010 4:03 pm

You guys know I'm selling all miniatures* discounted by 20%*
Back to top Go down
http://eastsidegamesncards.webs.com
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: Price increase on the way   Price increase on the way EmptyTue May 11, 2010 8:31 pm

ottocannon wrote:
You guys know I'm selling all miniatures* discounted by 20%*

Whoo hoo.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Price increase on the way   Price increase on the way EmptyThu May 13, 2010 11:52 am

Now official for the US:

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2010/05/gw-news-price-increases-reach-usa.html

62 bucks for a land raider? And I thought 57 was bad.... Glad I just bought my Crusader from a place for 50....
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Price increase on the way   Price increase on the way EmptyThu May 13, 2010 12:50 pm

yeah it may not be much but it still effects the pocket book.

Sorry GW.....I'm done with you and your games.

Unless somethin freaking awesome comes out for my wolves......AND I MEAN FREAKING AWESOME.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Price increase on the way   Price increase on the way EmptyThu May 13, 2010 1:36 pm

Ok, I went onto www.archive.org and looked up prices for stuff back in 2003 and compared it to what these prices are going to be.

Predator:
2003: $35.00
2010: $44.50

Land Raider:
2003: $50.00
2010: $62.00

Terminators (CC):
2003: $45.00 (ALL METAL!!)
2010: $50.00 (Plastic, not sure of price after price change)

Tac Squad:
2003: $30.00
2010: $37.25 (not too horrible, this one)

Hammerhead:
2003: $35.00
2010: $44.50

CSM:
2003: $25.00
2010: $37.25

Dark Eldar vs. SM box:
2003: $75.00
vs.
AOBR:
2010: $90.00

The only one from that link that I see is cheaper than it was back in the day is the Cadian troops... But, it's because it's only 10 guys now for 24 bucks, and it was 30 back then for 20. But apples to apples, 20 guys after this price increase will be 48 bucks!!
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: Price increase on the way   Price increase on the way EmptyThu May 13, 2010 4:27 pm

Gas Prices:

2003 - $1.51/ gallon
2010 - $2.75/ gallon

82% increase

Predator
2003 - $35
2010 - 44.50

26% increase

Tac Squad

2003 - $30
2010 - $37.50

25% increase

Man, we're getting a deal with our hobby products that are made using petroleum.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Price increase on the way   Price increase on the way EmptyThu May 13, 2010 4:32 pm

But, Witt,

Bluray player - 2006: $876
Bluray player - 2010: $176

That's a -497% increase.

That's the thing with stuff that's produced en masse like the minis, the cost goes down the longer you produce it (as compared to a commodity like gas). It actually SHOULD cost GW less to produce these minis now than it did 7 years ago, not more! (Yes, I do follow you're point about petrol being used to make the plastic, but why would plastic bags be free at the supermarket if plastic were so expensive to make?)
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: Price increase on the way   Price increase on the way EmptyThu May 13, 2010 4:40 pm

I was being a touch sarcastic. It's unfortunate, but it doesn't really bother me much. It just means I'll budget my purchases a bit more carefully.
Back to top Go down
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

PostSubject: Re: Price increase on the way   Price increase on the way EmptyFri May 14, 2010 10:37 am

Not to be mean but they are running a business they are in the market to make money. In the end I really am not affected by the increase. It just means like witt said that you will be more selective on when and how much you purchase. I think everyone has said enough about this and can quit whining about the price increase. It's happening so just come to terms with it there's nothing we can do about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Price increase on the way   Price increase on the way Empty

Back to top Go down

Price increase on the way
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: General :: News and Rumors-
Jump to: