CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1850 Eldar DAVU spam and Seer Council

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
static
Neophyte

1850 Eldar DAVU spam and Seer Council Empty
PostSubject: 1850 Eldar DAVU spam and Seer Council   1850 Eldar DAVU spam and Seer Council EmptySat May 15, 2010 5:32 pm

HQ:
Yriel
Farseer- RoWa, Fortune
8x Warlocks- Embolden, Enhance, 1 Singing Spear
Wave Serpent- Spirit Stones, Shurican Cannon

Troops:
5x Dire Avengers
5x Dire Avengers
5x Dire Avengers

Eltes:
7x Fire Dragons
8x Striking Scorpions- Exarch, Claw, Shadowstrike, Stalker

Heavy Support:
Falcon- Spirit Stones, Holo-Field, Bright Lance

In earlier builds I never used an autarch but now absolutely love the master strategist ability which helps pull off holding everything in reserves. Yriel is easily my MVP with his special weapon he mows through everything he touches, which is something my old lists lacked because my council would often get tarpitted by a squad of tac marines >.<.

I hold the falcons back in my deployment zone firing at tanks, multi wound models that can be insta deathed (tyranid warriors), or anything with a 2 up save that terrifies me. The falcons flat out to a better position once they get shaken and obviously zip to objectives in the late game.

I bring the seer council serpent to the enemy as fast as possible usually fortuning their waveserpent turn 1 to help avoid wrecking and being annihilated by small arms fire. The fire dragon serpent tends to tag along nearby the council but zips 12 inches to a different target when the council disembarks. I find the 7 man squad size to be a very effective tank buster.

Lastly I outflank with the scorps and their serpent which I have always found wreaks havoc on the opponent. I try and take some shots at rear armor with the serpents shuri cannon and then get the scorps out next turn. Im not sure if this is the optimal use for them. Would it be better to just flat out to where some assault support is needed and let them jump out next turn?

I have been toying around with dropping one fire dragon, stalker from the scorpion exarch, and downgrading a bright lance to a missle launcher to free up some points for some spears and destructors on the warlocks or a twinlinked missle launcher on the scorpions outflanking transport.

Anyway this is currently what I am working with. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, whether its in tactics or in army composition. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Eldar DAVU spam and Seer Council   1850 Eldar DAVU spam and Seer Council EmptySun May 16, 2010 8:48 am

..yup

Its one of the better Eldar net lists.. not much to add here, good luck with it
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
quickfuze
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Eldar DAVU spam and Seer Council   1850 Eldar DAVU spam and Seer Council EmptySun May 16, 2010 8:19 pm

Looks good for ard boyz....def min/maxed, so would have problems with anything involving comp scores....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Eldar DAVU spam and Seer Council   1850 Eldar DAVU spam and Seer Council Empty

Back to top Go down

1850 Eldar DAVU spam and Seer Council
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer 40k :: 40k Army Lists and Tactics-
Jump to: