CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lights, Camera READ! July 17th

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The Madman
Sergeant
Sergeant
The Madman

Lights, Camera READ! July 17th Empty
PostSubject: Lights, Camera READ! July 17th   Lights, Camera READ! July 17th EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 9:37 am

Lights, Camera, READ!

Saturday, July 17th, 2010
1-3 pm
Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County
800 Vine St

Event to promote this summers reading program. The Downtown Library is kicking off with a special meet and greet, photo opps..... with Movie characters
  • Spiderman
    X-Men (Various characters)
    Star Wars Stormtroopers & other villians
    Pirates Caribean
    Others
Back to top Go down
http://www.cincyrec.org

PostSubject: Re: Lights, Camera READ! July 17th   Lights, Camera READ! July 17th EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 9:48 am

I can't tell if there is a good joke in here or a commentary on what is needed to get kids into reading.

Comic book characters and movie characters. sigh

I'd love to have seen characters more connected to literature and still remain mainstream. (Sherlock Holmes, Harry Potter, etc. )

Last edited by John Gemrich on Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Madman
Sergeant
Sergeant
The Madman

PostSubject: Re: Lights, Camera READ! July 17th   Lights, Camera READ! July 17th EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 10:19 am

John Gemrich wrote:
I can't tell if there is a good joke in here or a commentary on what is needed to get kids into readying.

Comic book characters and movie characters. sigh

I'd love to have seen characters more connected to literature and still remain mainstream. (Sherlock Holmes, Harry Potter, etc. )
it's more about the available voulnteers, they are all 501st members
Back to top Go down
http://www.cincyrec.org
LOXMYTHIC
Neophyte
LOXMYTHIC

PostSubject: Re: Lights, Camera READ! July 17th   Lights, Camera READ! July 17th EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 8:39 pm

I truly believe that a lot of my vocabulary comes from extensive comic book reading. Goin to mom and saying "what does this word mean?" really helped (and the fact that there are pictures!!!!!!) Its a great way to get someone that may be totally disinterested in traditional reading a jump start. And after reading the comics come emulating the artists and trying to recreate their art. Then come the novels (an them er full'o werdz). Go comic books!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lights, Camera READ! July 17th   Lights, Camera READ! July 17th Empty

Back to top Go down

Lights, Camera READ! July 17th
Page 1 of 1