CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Allies are Illegal Now

Go down 
+8
JTPitt
wittdooley
Fenix
HAND OF DUME
Marc
The Madman
Bojesphob
Mike Leon
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Mike Leon
Forum Moderator
Mike Leon

Allies are Illegal Now Empty
PostSubject: Allies are Illegal Now   Allies are Illegal Now EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 2:04 pm

GW just put out the online reprints of the Daemonhunters/ Witch Hunters codexes. The allies rules are not in them.

What's that? What is that sound? Is that - could it be thousands of copypasta bandwagon Guard players crying?

It is the most beautiful music I've ever heard. Cry, leafblower noobs! Your tears are my sustenance - sweeter even than the most delicious of Mountain Dew soda beverages poured from an Alaskan soda fountain directly into frosted glass on a humid Summer day.

Last edited by Mike Leon on Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://whowritesthisstuff.net/
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Allies are Illegal Now   Allies are Illegal Now EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 2:25 pm

Well, I actually am a little disappointed in this. Yeah, it could really ramp up the leafblower lists, but the list I made with an Inquisitor wasn't any more powerful than a base SM army (well.... since I never won very many games with it, I would say less powerful)...

I think they could have kept it, but put restrictions on it, like say they can't be taken with Psyker battle squads or the like....

Oh well... such is life....
Back to top Go down
Mike Leon
Forum Moderator
Mike Leon

PostSubject: Re: Allies are Illegal Now   Allies are Illegal Now EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 2:34 pm

The argument is already raging over on Dakka.

Some highlights from the freak show:
-"uploading" is not the same as "publishing" so you can still use the old book because a new one has not been "published"
-if we can still use old rules for that reason then I'm busting out my (squats, Catachans, assassins)
-reprinted codex doesn't have a force org chart either so I can take whatever I want in my army
-reprinted codex doesn't have a force org chart either so I can't take anything at all in my army
-GWAR threw his hands up in the air on this one. You know it's bad when GWAR gives up.
Back to top Go down
The Madman
Sergeant
Sergeant
The Madman

PostSubject: Re: Allies are Illegal Now   Allies are Illegal Now EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 2:37 pm

Mike Leon wrote:
The argument is already raging over on Dakka.

Some highlights from the freak show:
-"uploading" is not the same as "publishing" so you can still use the old book because a new one has not been "published"
-if we can still use old rules for that reason then I'm busting out my (squats, Catachans, assassins)
-reprinted codex doesn't have a force org chart either so I can take whatever I want in my army
-reprinted codex doesn't have a force org chart either so I can't take anything at all in my army
-GWAR threw his hands up in the air on this one. You know it's bad when GWAR gives up.
never underestimate the powe of stupid people in large groups...
Back to top Go down
http://www.cincyrec.org
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Allies are Illegal Now   Allies are Illegal Now EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 2:47 pm

..thankfully you lost me at GWAR

..but yea, glad they killed that netlist
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/

PostSubject: Re: Allies are Illegal Now   Allies are Illegal Now EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 3:08 pm

Marc wrote:
..thankfully you lost me at GWAR

GWAR is their resident Rules As Written guy. He's an azz but he's very right on for a pure RAW interpretation.
Back to top Go down
HAND OF DUME
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Allies are Illegal Now   Allies are Illegal Now EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 3:24 pm

Very cool!

Now I can deepstrike my bugs in without having a LR punisher throwing 5 plasmacannon shots at me!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mike Leon
Forum Moderator
Mike Leon

PostSubject: Re: Allies are Illegal Now   Allies are Illegal Now EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 4:30 pm

I know! And I can drop 6 meltas that don't scatter 1" away from the rear armor of a whole Leman Russ squadron!

I'm so excited! And I just can't hide it!
Back to top Go down
Fenix
Neophyte
Fenix

PostSubject: Re: Allies are Illegal Now   Allies are Illegal Now EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 7:52 pm

I never liked allies in a guard list to begin with anyway so no big loss.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/Xenix?ref=profile
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: Allies are Illegal Now   Allies are Illegal Now EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 12:33 am

Mike Leon wrote:
I know! And I can drop 6 meltas that don't scatter 1" away from the rear armor of a whole Leman Russ squadron!

I'm so excited! And I just can't hide it!

Mike...are you about to lose control, and do you like it, like it?
Back to top Go down
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

PostSubject: Re: Allies are Illegal Now   Allies are Illegal Now EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 7:09 am

The only person this really hurts the most are the Daemonhunters not the guard.
Back to top Go down
Mike Leon
Forum Moderator
Mike Leon

PostSubject: Re: Allies are Illegal Now   Allies are Illegal Now EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:52 am

It hurts the Daemonhunters a lot, but they already sucked pretty bad so it doesn't really mean all that much.

It hurts guard because they're suddenly a lot more vulnerable to deep striking units and they don't get to shoot first like 90% of the time anymore. That doesn't mean much against some armies, but it is huge against others.

Ultimately, what really just happened is Space Marines and Chaos Daemons got a lot better. It'll be a few months before the gibbering masses figure that out though.
Back to top Go down
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

PostSubject: Re: Allies are Illegal Now   Allies are Illegal Now EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 7:13 am

Where does it actually state that you can't take Daemonhunters as allies? I see where they can't take allies but how are you stopping the guard from getting. Would like a reference rule for where you are getting that information.
Back to top Go down
HAND OF DUME
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Allies are Illegal Now   Allies are Illegal Now EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 8:48 am

Straken Kegslayer wrote:
Where does it actually state that you can't take Daemonhunters as allies? I see where they can't take allies but how are you stopping the guard from getting. Would like a reference rule for where you are getting that information.

I don't have the Guard 'dex, but is there somewhere in there that says you CAN take allies. I'm pretty sure it was the Inquisition codexes that allowed anyone to take allies.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Allies are Illegal Now   Allies are Illegal Now EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 8:55 am

The Daemonhunters old codex used to say that you could use them as allies for the Guard. That's why it was still allowed, the codex was official, they hadn't canceled it, it was still a legitimate codex.

This new pdf does not mention it, which means that the allies are officially scrapped. But, what I've read that means is that for the actual new codex in, what, January? they aren't going to have allies, and it gives them more room to build Heavy Support options, new troop options, and new vehicles, as you don't have to worry about overpowering them when people ally the Guard with the new stuff. Kind of a "Let's force them to get used to not being able to take allies before the actual new codex comes out" type of deal.
Back to top Go down
Mendin
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Allies are Illegal Now   Allies are Illegal Now EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 4:57 pm

Removing the ally rule is understandable, because people only ever use it to drop Mystic Inquisitors for... anyone, or MeltaFlamer Sisters for Vulkan He'Stan gimmick lists, but they removed the Inducted Space Marine/Guard rules, which neuters Daemonhunters, at least, greatly. They can no longer even use the limited other-codex support for their own sake :\
Back to top Go down
archite666
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Allies are Illegal Now   Allies are Illegal Now EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 6:48 am

MUWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Silly underlings, thinking you can beat the emperor's hammer?

I assure you the forces of the inquisition are still under our command. You should not believe such foolish nonsense.

The supreme commander has dispelled such rumors. We shall continue our reign, unchallenged.

Read and despair for our agents shall continue to direct fire at your arrogent deep strikers!

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/302340.page
Back to top Go down
Warmonger
Initiate
Initiate
Warmonger

PostSubject: Re: Allies are Illegal Now   Allies are Illegal Now EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 8:39 am

Read it and WEEP! affraid
Back to top Go down
Mike Leon
Forum Moderator
Mike Leon

PostSubject: Re: Allies are Illegal Now   Allies are Illegal Now EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 1:33 pm

I can wait for the new Daemonhunter codex to do what needs to be done. And I can use assassins now!
Back to top Go down
Warmonger
Initiate
Initiate
Warmonger

PostSubject: Re: Allies are Illegal Now   Allies are Illegal Now EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 1:59 pm

Yea, it's going to happen eventually and I have already started painting models to that end. Just trying to enjoy it while it lasts. Smile
Back to top Go down
NewportGames
Neophyte
NewportGames

PostSubject: Re: Allies are Illegal Now   Allies are Illegal Now EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 5:00 pm

Not being a player of 40K yet so my opinion does not matter much but this is something I find kind of disappointing.

There is one thing I really like about War of the Ring is you can take 25% of your points in allied troops. I.E. Good allied to Good and Evil allied to Evil. It makes for much more fun armies since you are not "locked" into just one army but you can reach into others for a few guys you really like. Also, I would assume it keeps your opponent on guard because just about anything can show up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nky-photos.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Allies are Illegal Now   Allies are Illegal Now Empty

Back to top Go down

Allies are Illegal Now
Page 1 of 1