CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Playtesting 8th Edition Warhammer Fantasy

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

Playtesting 8th Edition Warhammer Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Playtesting 8th Edition Warhammer Fantasy   Playtesting 8th Edition Warhammer Fantasy EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 1:06 pm

I am looking to get in some games of Warhammer fantasy to learn the rules better, as I am better at learning through doing. Anyone have time in the evening about 6ish Wed 7/7, Thurs 7/8, or after 12 noon Fri 7/9 or start by noon Sat 7/10. I would lke to get in at least 2 games during this week.
For Wed and Thurs. its easiest for me to go to EGC(Eastside games and Cards), I was planning on hitting up UU&A(Up, Up, & Away) Friday after work. And AoW(Art of War) Saturday, But I have to start earlier then the planned activities unfortunately and wont be able to come kick some peoples butts!

If interested let me know!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Playtesting 8th Edition Warhammer Fantasy   Playtesting 8th Edition Warhammer Fantasy EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 4:06 am

I might be able to make it up tonight, I will talk to my wife around noonish and make sure she hasn't made plans for me. Tonight as in wed. 7/7.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Playtesting 8th Edition Warhammer Fantasy   Playtesting 8th Edition Warhammer Fantasy EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 7:09 am

I will be at EGC tonight Wed 7/7 ready to play fantasy around 6ish.
Friday I have a table reserved at UU&A around 1ish if anyone is interested in that location and time.
and Friday Night Haven't made a place yet but THE Mike Leon will get a taste of the Green Horde!
Saturday I'm still working on timing but most likely AoW as early as possible.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Playtesting 8th Edition Warhammer Fantasy   Playtesting 8th Edition Warhammer Fantasy EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 11:18 am

Crobar 2250 tonight ok? Let me know if you can make it.
Back to top Go down
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Playtesting 8th Edition Warhammer Fantasy   Playtesting 8th Edition Warhammer Fantasy EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 1:53 pm

yeah, I am up for it, wifey says she made no plans for me. Where is this place at? I have never been there.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Playtesting 8th Edition Warhammer Fantasy   Playtesting 8th Edition Warhammer Fantasy EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 3:02 pm

Milford/Blanchester Exit. first Milford Exit off of 275 coming from the north. Turn right off the Exit. About 1 mile down on the right in little Shopping Center across from used car place. Has a green and black sign.

I should be there about 6 ish.
Back to top Go down
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Playtesting 8th Edition Warhammer Fantasy   Playtesting 8th Edition Warhammer Fantasy EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 3:27 pm

I will bring a few armies with me in case a few others show up that want to go.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Playtesting 8th Edition Warhammer Fantasy   Playtesting 8th Edition Warhammer Fantasy EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 12:11 am

Ok that was real fun, spent a fair amount of time looking up rules and stuff.
Still had tons of fun!

Couple of things that stood out for me:
1: Holy Shnicke! Don't miscast!!! Essentially kept me in the game. The dark Elf wizard miscast while in a unit of 20 guys and dropped the big pie plate on her killing almost all of the unit including herself with a S10 WOW!
2: The Charge thing is really nice and the ability to premeaseure everything.
3. Rock Lobbers kinda nerfed and bumped at the same time, I know doesn't make sense, But now its S3 reg armor save unless under hole, But auto hits no partials anthing under template after scatter.
4. I really like the ability to strike back after couple of rows get wiped out.

Crobar won by about 150 -200 points in a 2250 so as close as you can get I think.
He had an asassin, Hero, and unit of reapeter crossbowman with asassin.
I had Grom the Paunch, a Rock Lobber, and 2 fanatics. Thank God I took Grom to negate the Fear of Elves!
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Playtesting 8th Edition Warhammer Fantasy   Playtesting 8th Edition Warhammer Fantasy EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 11:28 am

Ok so played last night and want to play again tomorrow Friday 7/8/10 at UU&A around 1 ish...
And Sat at AoW about noon
any takers?
Back to top Go down
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Playtesting 8th Edition Warhammer Fantasy   Playtesting 8th Edition Warhammer Fantasy EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 5:04 pm

I can't, my wife has tomorrow off to celebrate our aniversary and would get upset if I went to play warhammer. Besides, she has put up with me for 19 years, she deserves a little attention Smile. I might try to talk her into letting me go to AoW for the 10:00pm show down thing though. I have to see how well I can wow her durong the day and tonight Smile.
Back to top Go down
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Playtesting 8th Edition Warhammer Fantasy   Playtesting 8th Edition Warhammer Fantasy EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 5:06 pm

Oh, you forgot to mention that when my sorceress blew up her own unit, they failed their panic test and ran off the board assassin in tow.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Playtesting 8th Edition Warhammer Fantasy   Playtesting 8th Edition Warhammer Fantasy EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 11:48 am

headin to AoW in a few if any intrest in a smaller game?
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Playtesting 8th Edition Warhammer Fantasy   Playtesting 8th Edition Warhammer Fantasy EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 4:16 pm

Played a good 1000 point game Goblins vs. Dwarfs.
Another loss technically but really a tie by VP. I had 1 fanatic, 1 lobber left he had a unit of gunners and a unit champion alive.

May take kids to EGC later and may play another game if possible tonight July 10!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playtesting 8th Edition Warhammer Fantasy   Playtesting 8th Edition Warhammer Fantasy Empty

Back to top Go down

Playtesting 8th Edition Warhammer Fantasy
Page 1 of 1