A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

stationary models/feat

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dayth
Neophyte
Dayth

stationary models/feat Empty
PostSubject: stationary models/feat   stationary models/feat EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 10:13 pm

Ok I am playing Khador and pop Sorcha's feat icy gaze which means enemy models in her control area and LOS become stationary for one round. So is this only models in her control area and LOS are affected or is it all models in her control area? Any who back to stationary models per page 64 of the mk 2 rulebook stationary models can not be engaged in melee combat but yet all melee attacks automatically hit how does this work if I can not engage a model to attack it??? Plus does this affect the models ARM? The rulebook says a stationary model has a base DEF of 5. So would that mean the model drops to a 5 ARM for that round?

Sorry I am a NOOB. I would love any help so I never lose 6 games in a row again to some stupid BULLSH*T
Back to top Go down
ucfan34
Neophyte
ucfan34

PostSubject: Re: stationary models/feat   stationary models/feat EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 10:58 pm

Dayth wrote:
Ok I am playing Khador and pop Sorcha's feat icy gaze which means enemy models in her control area and LOS become stationary for one round. So is this only models in her control area and LOS are affected or is it all models in her control area?

I played against a Sorcha for my league game. When my opponent popped her feat it was explained as all enemy models in control range and LOS.

Dayth wrote:
Any who back to stationary models per page 64 of the mk 2 rulebook stationary models can not be engaged in melee combat but yet all melee attacks automatically hit how does this work if I can not engage a model to attack it???

I'm Noob also so I don't know if I'm exactly right or not, but it sounds like you would want to already be in combat before popping the feat?

Maybe a turn sequence like.... Distribute focus to jacks>>>cast Sorcha's charge spell on warjacks (don't know spell name)>>>>Charge for free with jacks from the spell>>>Pop Feat>>>Buy/boost attack/hit rolls. Presumably against ARM 5 models.

Only thing is I don't know if you can cast your feat after charging but before resolving the charge attacks or even after the charge attacks but before buy additional attacks.

Dayth wrote:
Plus does this affect the models ARM? The rulebook says a stationary model has a base DEF of 5. So would that mean the model drops to a 5 ARM for that round?

If it the feat and book read the way you've got it typed I'd say yes. The enemy model's ARM drops to 5.

Dayth wrote:
Sorry I am a NOOB. I would love any help so I never lose 6 games in a row again to some stupid BULLSH*T

Being new to gaming and WM/H I'm trying to keep #1 and 2 from the thread below fresh in my mind.
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/general-discussion-f28/some-good-warmachine-hordes-beginner-advice-t4127.htm#32062
Back to top Go down
Rogue4525
Neophyte
Rogue4525

PostSubject: Re: stationary models/feat   stationary models/feat EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 1:31 am

Dayth wrote:
Plus does this affect the models ARM? The rulebook says a stationary model has a base DEF of 5. So would that mean the model drops to a 5 ARM for that round?

Stationary does not affect ARM at all. A stationary model is auto-hit in melee and DEF 5 against ranged, but the ARM is unchanged.
Back to top Go down
Lord of Change
Neophyte
Lord of Change

PostSubject: Re: stationary models/feat   stationary models/feat EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 1:56 am

Dayth wrote:
Ok I am playing Khador and pop Sorcha's feat icy gaze which means enemy models in her control area and LOS become stationary for one round. So is this only models in her control area and LOS are affected or is it all models in her control area? Any who back to stationary models per page 64 of the mk 2 rulebook stationary models can not be engaged in melee combat but yet all melee attacks automatically hit how does this work if I can not engage a model to attack it??? Plus does this affect the models ARM? The rulebook says a stationary model has a base DEF of 5. So would that mean the model drops to a 5 ARM for that round?

As I understand it, being stationary does not prevent a model from hitting it with melee attacks. Not being able to engage means that the model is rendered weaponless for the duration. This means you could move through the models threat range without taking freestrikes. I nice means to walk past the defenders, strait to the war caster/lock
Back to top Go down
FrostFirus
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: stationary models/feat   stationary models/feat EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 12:57 pm

Ok... Rules Time

Quote :

Ok I am playing Khador and pop Sorcha's feat icy gaze which means enemy models in her control area and LOS become stationary for one round. So is this only models in her control area and LOS are affected or is it all models in her control area?

I played against a Sorcha for my league game. When my opponent popped her feat it was explained as all enemy models in control range and LOS.

CORRECT!

Quote :

Any who back to stationary models per page 64 of the mk 2 rulebook stationary models can not be engaged in melee combat but yet all melee attacks automatically hit how does this work if I can not engage a model to attack it???

Stationary models do not engage other models. They may be attacked by other models however. Stationary models have their base defense set to 5. Models who attack them with Melee attacks may choose to auto-hit the model they are attacking. If they choose to roll, they must accept the new roll. You may want to try to hit anyways because of a Critical Effect, but could roll double 1s and end up missing. Also, because they do not engage other models, they can not make attacks against models that leave their melee range.

Quote :

Dayth wrote:

If it the feat and book read the way you've got it typed I'd say yes. The enemy model's ARM drops to 5.

Nope. Armor Values are unaffected by Stationary and Knockdown effects.

Quote :

Maybe a turn sequence like.... Distribute focus to jacks>>>cast Sorcha's charge spell on warjacks (don't know spell name)>>>>Charge for free with jacks from the spell>>>Pop Feat>>>Buy/boost attack/hit rolls. Presumably against ARM 5 models.

Only thing is I don't know if you can cast your feat after charging but before resolving the charge attacks or even after the charge attacks but before buy additional attacks.

This turn sequence could not happen. Your Warcaster only gets one activation. Therefore, you could not charge with jacks between Casting a spell and popping your feat. And again, not against ARM 5 models.

You may use your feat at any time during your activation, but not during an action. Therefore you may charge a model, then pop your feat. But you could not pop your feat during your charge.

Ryan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: stationary models/feat   stationary models/feat Empty

Back to top Go down

stationary models/feat
Page 1 of 1