CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kings of war?

Go down 
+2
Makari
Mack_attack
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mack_attack
Neophyte
Mack_attack

Kings of war? Empty
PostSubject: Kings of war?   Kings of war? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 1:52 am

Kings of war by: Mantic.

http://www.manticgames.com/Shop-Home/Undead.html

I was looking at these models the other day and, WOW! They looked great and with that price even better. So i was wondering about the undead ones, first is there a group with bows, second can the catapult also be a screaming catapult if i play it, and last is it worth it to get because i want to play a tomb king/ vampire count army (i know the difference but i like tomb king, kinda) with just these models and then the extra models from GW?
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

Kings of war? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kings of war?   Kings of war? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 6:19 am

Officially? No you can't, but if you stick to local tournies or friendly games I don't think anyone will mind at all.
But ask your opponent if they mind, most wont care.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Mack_attack
Neophyte
Mack_attack

Kings of war? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kings of war?   Kings of war? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 12:55 pm

makari wrote:
Officially? No you can't, but if you stick to local tournies or friendly games I don't think anyone will mind at all.
But ask your opponent if they mind, most wont care.

Ok I'm sorry but was that just answering my question about the skeleton catapult, or are you just clarifying that I cant use them officially?
Back to top Go down
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

Kings of war? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kings of war?   Kings of war? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 1:09 pm

I think he was just saying that in official GW events, you cannot use any non-GW model.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aowcinci.com
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

Kings of war? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kings of war?   Kings of war? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 1:11 pm

Keep in mind you may have some problems with your weapon loadouts too.
Back to top Go down
Mack_attack
Neophyte
Mack_attack

Kings of war? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kings of war?   Kings of war? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 2:02 pm

Hmmm so i don't usually if ever play in tournaments would this be a good thing to get or bad thing still, just a no no?

Also what do you mean they my not have the right weapon load outs it sounds like they come with both hand weapons and spears but i don't know.

Last does anyone know how i can get cheap bows for the army if i decide to go with tomb king instead?
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

Kings of war? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kings of war?   Kings of war? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 2:06 pm

I've built some of the models, and they just don't come with as many weapon options as you'd be used to with GW. The sprues I built didn't come with enough spears for ALL of the models, or enough hand weapons for ALL of the models.

With that being said, I think they can be really nice fillers to units. I particularly like the ghouls and dwarfs, but IMO, the elves are way too small.

Also, in order to do the weapon swaps, you have to lop off the hands, fyi.
Back to top Go down
Mack_attack
Neophyte
Mack_attack

Kings of war? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kings of war?   Kings of war? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 5:20 pm

Ok cool so just to make sure hypothetically speaking i walk into a new game store with new people and all that, but with only these kind of models. Do you think they would allow me to play vampire counts. The reason i keep asking is because there is no official game for these models they were originally there to play other games at a cheaper price, i believe but thats what i heard.

Also to be honest I've been looking at the models and i can see where your coming from with the idea they might not have enough weapons so heres what i can do. Buy multiple boxes at a time, and then split up the weapons by groups not that hard. as for the bows, they do not have to be the primary weapons so i just need bows to put on there backs maybe with some arrows, so do you know where i can get cheap bows maybe arrows from?

But the main questions is, which i think was answered, do you think most if not everyone would let me play.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

Kings of war? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kings of war?   Kings of war? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 7:33 pm

My guess is that 98% of people if equipped similarly enough would not mind you using these models (Outside of a tournament).
But do not get upset if when you get ready to play if someone says I wont play against your non GW minis. JUst smile and walk away, you have been gifted with the knowledge that that person is a Jerk! Ok now that I have said that people are actually entitled to do so, but dont get upsetbecause you wouldn't have enjoyed the game anyway.

Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Mack_attack
Neophyte
Mack_attack

Kings of war? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kings of war?   Kings of war? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 10:42 pm

Thank you, i did realize i was very bad at forming sentences, Danny told me, and by the way thanks for being honest.

But can anyone tell me where i might get some bows and maybe arrows to put on there backs for cheap?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

Kings of war? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kings of war?   Kings of war? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 12:25 am

Agree with Makari. I certainly wouldn't care. I'm actually probably going to use some of the Dwafs for my WHFB Dwarf army, because I really don't want to use all the metal figures for my elites.

Bows... I know that you can find them in goblin boxes, so maybe you could find some goblin bows on ebay?
Back to top Go down
ottocannon
Neophyte
ottocannon

Kings of war? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kings of war?   Kings of war? EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 2:59 pm

Green Stuff !
Back to top Go down
http://eastsidegamesncards.webs.com
NewportGames
Neophyte
NewportGames

Kings of war? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kings of war?   Kings of war? EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 9:10 pm

I am kind of biased since I carry the line at my store but I come from an era where you mixed and matched figures to fill out your army as best you can.

I am building a Lord of the Rings Riders of Rohan Army and at $5.00 retail per cavalry figure it is a bit on the expensive side to build a mass battles army. I decided to fill my army out with, don't tell anyone, 28mm Roman Celt Cavalry. Plus, I have some Normans to add to them and Hussite Cavalry for a little variety. It is much cheaper.

I personally would not care what figures you showed up with to play me as long as they reasonably fit the part.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nky-photos.com
Sponsored content

Kings of war? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kings of war?   Kings of war? Empty

Back to top Go down

Kings of war?
Page 1 of 1