CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gunfighter and Reach

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Affliction
Forum Moderator
Affliction

Gunfighter and Reach Empty
PostSubject: Gunfighter and Reach   Gunfighter and Reach EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 11:51 pm

This is why PP, if they keep going the way they are, will bury GW in the next 5 years.

A question posted on the Forums today and ANSWERED the same day by someone from PP Rule Staff.

Games Workshop is in "Epic Fail Mode" with the way they are running their company. I have heard it said that GW has been around for 20+ years, but in those years has never had a company like a PP to put up the competitive business standards that PP is displaying over the last year and a half.

Privateer has a solid game system. Its competitive, now with MKII more balanced, the models are amazing and of great quality. As they move to plastics there will be more conversions and such and a wider range of models. Privateer Press is light years ahead of GW when it comes to business model and costumer service.

Anyway on the the ruling....

Summary : If you have Gunfighter and a Reach weapon your Gunfighter range is 0.5" - 2"

the OP:
http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?30097-Gunfighter-and-Melee-range
Back to top Go down
http://theblackparade2010.blogspot.com/
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: Gunfighter and Reach   Gunfighter and Reach EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 12:10 am

Chad (Black Parade) wrote:

Privateer has a solid game system. Its competitive, now with MKII more balanced, the models are amazing and of great quality. As they move to plastics there will be more conversions and such and a wider range of models. Privateer Press is light years ahead of GW when it comes to business model and costumer service.

I dunno... that 20 years in the business you quoted, coupled with their superior plastics and IP that spans books, video games, and now movies would beg to differ....
Back to top Go down
Affliction
Forum Moderator
Affliction

PostSubject: Re: Gunfighter and Reach   Gunfighter and Reach EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 12:30 am

I hope I am wrong cause I love 40K, but running things the way they do its hard to say they will make headway in the years to come. Especially with the economy the way it is. We as gamers will always buy mini's and books and such, but people want to feel as if they are heard and taken care of and PP is putting that up front where as GW really has been dropping the ball these last few years.

I think GW as a company is ten-fold better than they ever have been, but what you were is not as important as what you are to become and that is what should matter to a consumer driven business.

What I would like to see is GW realize they have competition and try to outwork PP.
Back to top Go down
http://theblackparade2010.blogspot.com/
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Gunfighter and Reach   Gunfighter and Reach EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:47 am

I personally don't think that PP will overrun GW, but only for the sheer fact that they are completely different in mechanics of the games. GW will excel, I think, because of their fluff and such. They have decades of story build up, and PP will always be behind on that. But, the minis and rules set for PP, I feel, are better, and that means they aren't going to go away. Actually, I think their popularity will be equal eventually, as I think most people will play both gaming systems.

Eventually, what I see happening, is that GW is going to have to change some of their bad habits to stay competitive, just like Microsoft has. Microsoft was the big bad boy for so long, then all of a sudden, Firefox came out as a browser, and Mac started making inroads on the OS front, and Microsoft started bleeding market share. Once they realized that, they actually started improving their products and support, and they are a better company for it.... Heck, I remember when they refused to do updates to IE6, saying it was "perfect the way it was". Man, Firefox really has given them a run for their money since then. That's what I think will happen with GW. PP won't go away, they have a following now, but it will definitely force GW to improve to stay relevant.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gunfighter and Reach   Gunfighter and Reach Empty

Back to top Go down

Gunfighter and Reach
Page 1 of 1