CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Necrosphinx and Masterclass book results

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

The Necrosphinx and Masterclass book results Empty
PostSubject: The Necrosphinx and Masterclass book results   The Necrosphinx and Masterclass book results EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 11:02 am

A month or two I got the 'Eavy Metal Masterclass book, and decided that I would attempt to use some of the techniques on the Necrosphinx that I picked up about 2 weeks ago. I really like the book, though the explanations of what was done could have been put together better. It always seemed like they were missing a step or two on what they were doing, and on one of the other items I tried to use a technique on some skulls and they didn't end up looking like what they had, so I'm pretty sure I missed something...

Anyhow, here is the front of the sphinx:
The Necrosphinx and Masterclass book results Necrosphinxfront

And, if you look at the stinger, I used the fluid technique that the MC book had in it for the Dark Eldar guy's injection system. I think that turned out pretty well Smile The back:
The Necrosphinx and Masterclass book results Necrosphinxback
Back to top Go down
Warmonger
Initiate
Initiate
Warmonger

PostSubject: Re: The Necrosphinx and Masterclass book results   The Necrosphinx and Masterclass book results EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 11:25 am

Very nice! Is that model just something your working on or is it for Fantasy, Warmachine or something else?
Back to top Go down
GreenJello
Neophyte
GreenJello

PostSubject: Re: The Necrosphinx and Masterclass book results   The Necrosphinx and Masterclass book results EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 11:41 am

Gorgeous looking model, I really like some of the texturing on the large broad surfaces, like his flanks.

Stinger looks really nice, but I'm not sure what you mean about the "liquid technique", what's the expected final result?
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: The Necrosphinx and Masterclass book results   The Necrosphinx and Masterclass book results EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 1:36 pm

Warmonger: It's from Warhammer Fantasy, the Tombs Kings army.... I don't really have any other minis from that army other than the ones from this kit, but when I saw the model for the first time, I had to get it! It was a blast to assemble and paint!

GJ: I was trying to make it look like there was a green "poison" fluid in the stinger (the green). The angle of the picture makes it hard to tell, but the light green line is about flat level... well, or at least the best I could do by eyeballing it LOL. The intended goal was to make it look like the light green was the top of the fluid in the stinger. The glare was put on to make it look like it was a glass type material keeping it in. I guess it works as a lens type thing as well... Either way, I feel it works Smile
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: The Necrosphinx and Masterclass book results   The Necrosphinx and Masterclass book results EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 11:13 pm

Again very nice work!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
GreenJello
Neophyte
GreenJello

PostSubject: Re: The Necrosphinx and Masterclass book results   The Necrosphinx and Masterclass book results EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 8:18 am

Very cool. I think I'd also hit it with some gloss coat after sealing the model.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Necrosphinx and Masterclass book results   The Necrosphinx and Masterclass book results Empty

Back to top Go down

The Necrosphinx and Masterclass book results
Page 1 of 1