CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Initial Thoughts - Mass Effect 3

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

Initial Thoughts - Mass Effect 3 Empty
PostSubject: Initial Thoughts - Mass Effect 3   Initial Thoughts - Mass Effect 3 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 4:31 pm

Not sure if anybody cares, but figured I'd post thoughts on ME3 from my (very) few hours of playing last night, just in case someone was on the border of wanting to buy it or skip it.

Anyhow, overall, I'm enjoying the experience. The single player feels a little rushed, but that's not unexpected, because the main part of the story was fleshed out in the first two. Some of the mechanics for taking cover, rolling, running between cover is a little.... unusual. It can be a little frustrating at times when you know your in the right place for cover, and you're getting shot, and you just stand there, like your character is ignoring your command to duck into cover! A few times I almost died because I wasn't having any luck getting into cover, or it broke cover the wrong way, etc.

But, that's really a minor quibble. It's just going to have to take some time to get used to.

The graphics are really good, compared to ME2 (Skyrim was WAY better in some respects, though). A few shots are just unbelievable, like when the Normandy was flying towards Mars: It actually looked like it was a video of a ship flying towards the real Mars! Now, it may have actually been a real photo used, but it's very immersive.

The Multiplayer part is a nice addition, though don't expect too much variety in the maps or the enemies. It's very similar to Firefight in Halo or Zombies in CoD, but with a Mass Effect spin on it. I actually enjoy it more than I did either of those other two, and so do the people I've played online with as well. Though, you absolutely HAVE to have buddies to play along side of you that know what they are doing! I've played some random people online during the demo, and more often than not, it would have been better to just play on my own. But, having some good friends that have been able to play alongside of me, and them actually being good, has made the experience a lot of fun! With the powers that you can get, we've had some extremely funny moments! For instance, one of the biotic powers is called Singularity, which grabs onto enemies and floats them in the air. I would throw them in the air, and a buddy of mine would shoot a concussive shot and knock them completely off the map! (it's better than the visual you get from the explanation lol).

Anyhow, my thoughts are, if you liked the first two Mass Effect games, you would enjoy 3.
Back to top Go down
GreenJello
Neophyte
GreenJello

Initial Thoughts - Mass Effect 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Initial Thoughts - Mass Effect 3   Initial Thoughts - Mass Effect 3 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 8:23 am

Cool! Been meaning to pick it up, but I'm trying to avoid the "must-have-it-nows" so that I can save some money. Usually steam would do a sale, but it looks like it's not going to be on steam for a while.
Back to top Go down

Initial Thoughts - Mass Effect 3
Page 1 of 1