CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Err Farce One

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lost Boyz
Neophyte
Lost Boyz

Err Farce One Empty
PostSubject: Err Farce One   Err Farce One EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 7:33 pm

OK, so I won a gift certificate at CagBash (thanks CAG!) and decided not to spend it on something I actually needed (like the new Empire codex) but to double-down on my Orks and get something I always wanted for them - a flying Battlewagon.

I have been playing with an Ork airpower theme lately (coptas, stormboyz, trucks that look like coptas) so I need a flying BW - something Proppa to carry my Nobs. I originally thought of a Stormraven - but I liked the look of the Valk. I have blown several of them up over he last few years - so the Lost Boyz are more than entitled to salvage one. Plus they look very modern-army like, so they'd be good for a BloodAxe unit. (Bloodaxes are the Ork 'tribe' that is trying to be somewhat 'regular army' and uses a lot of Imperial salvage)

I went through a couple of Xacto blades here, but almost everything is a re-purposed re-positioned piece on the original kit. I did add some odd Trukk & BW bits (espcecially the boarding planks 'arms') and I sliced off the snout to give it a Proppa Gob. I think it is spiky enough to be a DeffRolla (or, I may add magnetized Buzzsaws later...) The wings are blunted -- but now I have 4! The fins were from something else entirely... The gunners bodies are going to be the Grot Ground-Crew.

I will be painting it up in Ork Camo, with red blood-axe heraldry. I doubt it actually ever leaves the ground - but drags along scorching the earth as it passes...

Err Farce One ErrFarce1b

Primed (tan on top, black underneath, red inside)

Err Farce One ErrFarce1

Back to top Go down
Lord of Change
Neophyte
Lord of Change

Err Farce One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Err Farce One   Err Farce One EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 12:00 am

D@mn, Scott, that looks amazing. I can't wait to see it painted. For the Def Rolla, I was thinking of one that looks like a big spiky bomb on a chain. They drop it on some poor fool and, not wanting to be wasteful, retract it and drop it again.
Back to top Go down
GreenJello
Neophyte
GreenJello

Err Farce One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Err Farce One   Err Farce One EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 2:56 pm

Nice one, good to see an original conversion. The valkery is a nice model, but I've always felt a bit too big for the table. Seems like you've fixed that problem with trimming the wings up.
Back to top Go down
Lost Boyz
Neophyte
Lost Boyz

Err Farce One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Err Farce One   Err Farce One EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 8:18 am

I am thinking of just magnetising the bottom so I can either attach some kind of ram/rolla (the giant wrecking ball sounds cool - or a couple of weed-eater type overlapping saws)

Also a Deff Arsenal (if I want to use it as a Blasta Bomba in Apoc games. I'd also have to get it up on a flying stand) I could also just get it a rack of bombs and have it be a FightaBomba. This is going to be a flexible model. Big (bigger even) as a BW, slightly fatter than my Forgeworls Fighta Bomba. I could even run it as a looted wagon I suppose.

The model was cheap with my gift cert - but now I have to figure in the Doc bill - since I had a piece of Mek-Sprue briefly lodge in my eyeball. (oww!) Oh well, no harm done. I did not have to get a bionic eye...
Back to top Go down
Lost Boyz
Neophyte
Lost Boyz

Err Farce One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Err Farce One   Err Farce One EmptyTue May 01, 2012 5:05 pm

Paint is being slapped. I gave it a patchwork of olives, browns & babypuke greens on all the panels (looks kind of Frankensein-like) did some bare metal, 'checked' it up proppa, and now I am layering on a Orkish amount of grime and oil. Next ... rust!

Err Farce One Err-farce-wun
Back to top Go down
GreenJello
Neophyte
GreenJello

Err Farce One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Err Farce One   Err Farce One EmptyTue May 01, 2012 9:32 pm

Looking good.

BTW, been playing around with weathering pigments. Rust via pigments really works WELL. It gives it that texture that is often lacking if you use it in large amounts, or makes for a nice weathered/rusted accent in smaller doses.
Back to top Go down
Lost Boyz
Neophyte
Lost Boyz

Err Farce One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Err Farce One   Err Farce One EmptyWed May 02, 2012 7:01 pm

Wherer did you get those weathering pigments?

Are they available locally?

I am always interested in improving my rust.
Back to top Go down
GreenJello
Neophyte
GreenJello

Err Farce One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Err Farce One   Err Farce One EmptyFri May 04, 2012 12:08 pm

Lost Boyz wrote:

Wherer did you get those weathering pigments?

Are they available locally?

I am always interested in improving my rust.
Not any more. Smile I got a set of MIG powders from Yottaquest that was in the Flames of War section. I got the Vallejo weathering pigments at Boardwalk. You might talk Matt into ordering you another set.

Of the two I'd recommend the Vallejo weathering pigments. The MiG/FoW is fine, but only contains a single rust color, while the Vallejo one has 4 different shades.

http://www.thewarstore.com/product53935.html

I'll see if I can get a few pictures of my Rust-X stuff up for you to oggle. They're not cheap, but well worth it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Err Farce One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Err Farce One   Err Farce One Empty

Back to top Go down

Err Farce One
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Painting, Conversions and Tutorials :: WIP Miniature Painting and Conversions-
Jump to: