CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So what happend to 40K at Origins and Gencon?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

gencon - So what happend to 40K at Origins and Gencon? Empty
PostSubject: So what happend to 40K at Origins and Gencon?   gencon - So what happend to 40K at Origins and Gencon? EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 7:08 pm

Origins had some, while Gencon has so far three posted events. Two Ork style racing and one fully-provided-for Apoc DA vs Nids. I know at Gencon it is easier to build up compensation hours through RPGs and boardgames. Origins has a more complex method based on event types, probably to level out the submissions.

It just seems odd. For Gencon at least an unconventional large multilayer game might be the only way to really pull it off.
Back to top Go down
Lord of Change
Neophyte
Lord of Change

gencon - So what happend to 40K at Origins and Gencon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what happend to 40K at Origins and Gencon?   gencon - So what happend to 40K at Origins and Gencon? EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 9:56 am

From what I have been told, GW used to run events at these. Then they just pulled out entirely. Origins has become a large C-bus wargaming tourney. And I see GW has a booth at GenCon this year. So may e it's coming around.
Back to top Go down

So what happend to 40K at Origins and Gencon?
Page 1 of 1