A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Battle Report 2 for 1,000 pt tourney

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Makian
Neophyte

Battle Report 2 for 1,000 pt tourney Empty
PostSubject: Battle Report 2 for 1,000 pt tourney   Battle Report 2 for 1,000 pt tourney EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 2:50 pm

And post number 2. Hope to see more reports soon as it looks like no one else is doing this and no one is playing games... pale

Who: Chris (Sisters of Battle) and I my oppenent was Gill (Eldar)

Saint Celestine

10 seraphim
2 with melta pistol

14 Battle Sisters,
2 melta gun
Simulacrum Imperiales

13 battle sisters,
2 melta gun
Simulacrum Imperiales

3 penitent engines 255

Eldar

Seer
Dire Avanagers (lots)
Pathfinders (five)
Striking scorpions (five)
Troupe of Harliquens (five)
War walker (scatter laser)
Wave serpeant with plasma missiles?

Mission: the Relic
Deployment: Long Ways (great).

To be honest, this was my first game against the eldar since 3rd edition and I had no idea what I was up against or facing. Anyone who says eldar are unplayable is just plain wrong. I want to thank Gill for showing me that Eldar are more than just elves in space! geek

The tricksy Eldar elected to go first, deploying their units carefully to ensure no line of sight from my sisters. They also had a few tricks up their sleeves as the war walker and the striking scorpions were chosen to outflank (which actually was advantageous for me as you will soon see).

Battle Report 2 for 1,000 pt tourney Img_0715
The Eldar prepare themselves for battle.

The Sisters decided that they wanted no part of the Harliquens and elected to set up as far away as possible from their advance. The penitent engines, however, crammed themselves right behind a building, blocking LOS from the wave serpent and ensuring that if the Harlies wanted to get to the relic, they had to go through the crazed fanatics in their mechanical suits of armor.

Clara's sister squad deployed behind the lumbering walkers, hoping to support their advance from a distance with bolter and melta.

The Seraphim elected to take up residence in a ruin, exactly 18 inches from the relic in order to be the perfect counter attack unit should the eldar reach the objective first.

Meredith and her battle sisters deployed in a forest (not a mysterious one as they were careful to check for anything hazardous before the game (I mean really GW? Factions have figured out space travel and how to blow up entire planets death star style yet armies can't determine that the trees in front of them are filled with dangerous rivers of blood or whatever. Isn't that what scouts and auspex are for? *rant over*

Battle Report 2 for 1,000 pt tourney Img_0716

The Sister battle lines.

The Eldar were all ready to rock when the Sisters shocked the pointy eared aliens and started moving before them affraid as they had seized the initiative from Eldar.

Clara and her battle squad advanced with the penitent engines, eager to exterminate the witch within the eldar ranks.

Battle Report 2 for 1,000 pt tourney Img_0717

STAY BEHIND THE WALL OF IRON!

The Living Saint and her seraphim elected to stay in their building, waiting to set the trap for whatever poor SOB (not sister of battle!) decided to try to make a move on the objective.

The Sisters shooting failed to be in range and with that, they handed the game back to the Eldar.

The space elves (can't help it) charged forward, eager to get to the relic first. The wave serpant danced into LOS of the walkers and scored a penetrating hit, but failed to do more to the mighty walker as it shakes off Stunned and Shaken results.

The pathfinders (rangers or whatever they are) scored a trio of hits on Sister Meredith and her sisters, killing one and pinning the entire squad as they ducked for cover.

The harlies surged forward, hoping to reach the penitent engines before they reached them.

With no other shooting, the Eldar reluctantly waited for the sisters to respond.

SO ENDS PART 1, will continue later today!
Back to top Go down
Makian
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Battle Report 2 for 1,000 pt tourney   Battle Report 2 for 1,000 pt tourney EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 12:00 am

Part 2

SoB Turn 2

The Living was a bit shocked and annoyed by the pinning effects on Meredith's squad , effectively crippling an entire flank. With that in mind, she directed her sisters to hold once more within the confines of the building, waiting for the precise moment to overrun the enemy advance.

The heavily armored walkers plowed forward, making the harlequins more than just a little nervous about their enivitable collision course.

Clara's squad advanced behind the engines, taking a few pop shots with their bolters at the harlies but failed to do anything.

The penitent engines, however, were more than happy to see their heavy flamers in range and proceeded to make the Harlies suffer the horrible effects of heavy flamers, killing 3 of their number.

With the engines poised to wreck havoc upon the strangely dressed Xenos until... they ruled double 1's for their charge range. affraid Things were certainly not going the sisters way today.

Eldar Turn 2

One thing you learn quickly about the 40k universe is never trust Eldar. Sure enough, the Eldar had some nasty tricks in turn 2 as an eldar warwalker and some striking scorpions came on the table on the sister's flanks. Bad news indeed. The walker took up a firing position right next to Meredith's squad while the Scorpions elected to hide in a crater not far from Clara's squad.

The grav vehicle zoomed forward, depositing the Dire avangers right on the relic. The path finders took careful aim at the seraphim, but failed to do anything against the stalwart sisters.

Battle Report 2 for 1,000 pt tourney Img_0718
How did we NOT see that behind us?

Meredith's squad took some hits from the dire avengers and the war walkers, but their armor held true against the shruiken projectiles with only one sister dying. The scorpions tried to run out of their crater, but were stuck in place.

Sisters Turn 3

Sensing that the time for action was indeed nigh, Saint Celestine and her followers flew into the sky, landing right next to the bewildered eldar. The sisters fired their pistols, scoring dozens of would be kills, but the eldar brought a flicker field, much to my shock as only four fell from massed bolter and melta fire.

Clara's squad retreated from the scorpions, firing as they fell back, killing one of their number.

Meredith and her team unloaded the warwalker with massed fire, making the slender walker explode into deadly shrapnel.

The penitent engines charged into harlies and dispatched them.

With a great cry, the sisters charged into the eldar with frustration. The Living Saint challenged the Eldar warlock in an effort to silence the witch, but the autarch stepped in the way to accept the challenge.

The flicker field saved the blows, stunning everyone as the autarch struck back, but still failed to wound the saint. Fierce combat broke out between the two forces, each scoring many hits, but failing to do any significant damage.

So ends part 2
Back to top Go down
Warmonger
Initiate
Initiate
Warmonger

PostSubject: Re: Battle Report 2 for 1,000 pt tourney   Battle Report 2 for 1,000 pt tourney EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 12:31 am

Nice reports! Keep them coming. Smile
Back to top Go down
Makian
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Battle Report 2 for 1,000 pt tourney   Battle Report 2 for 1,000 pt tourney EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 11:21 pm

Alright to make a long story short....

Eldar turn 3

Massive combats, seraphim and dire avengers are at a standstill. Scorpions can't climb out of cover.

Sisters turn 4

Merideth and Clara and their squads secure the relic.

Penitent engines charge into massive comment and do this (with the help of the seraphim)

Battle Report 2 for 1,000 pt tourney Img_0719
The eldar get brutalized in combat.

Eldar turn 4

Firing of some pop shots at sisters, but fails to really do anything. Eldar concede the game at this point.
Back to top Go down
Makian
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Battle Report 2 for 1,000 pt tourney   Battle Report 2 for 1,000 pt tourney EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 9:36 pm

Forgot to say victory points.

Sisters with a major 6-0 victory points!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle Report 2 for 1,000 pt tourney   Battle Report 2 for 1,000 pt tourney Empty

Back to top Go down

Battle Report 2 for 1,000 pt tourney
Page 1 of 1