CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Apoc. Battle Report Forces

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

Apoc. Battle Report Forces Empty
PostSubject: Apoc. Battle Report Forces   Apoc. Battle Report Forces EmptySun Dec 23, 2007 6:29 pm

Don't know how much time I have to write this, so it may be part one.

Players: Me & Cal vs. Rob and Mac vs. Danny (side all his own for lack of models and time)

Forces: Space Marines (Me), Tyranids (Cal), Eldar + Baneblade (Rob), Space Marines + LotD (Mac), Orbital Defense laser under control of Plague Marines (Danny, seriously nice model dude).

Pts. per team: 4500 and between 1K and 2K (Danny again)

Strategems chosen: Me and Cal: Flank March and Blind Barrage; Rob and Mac: Vortex Grenade and Minefields (funny story with those two).

Sides (to best of my memory, Rob help if you can):
Me: Epistolary, Master of Sanctity, Master w/ lightning claws, command squad, 2 assault squads, Land Raider, 2 8-man tacticals w/ Rhinos, 6-man tactical with Razorback, Predator Destructor

Cal: Hive Tyrant, 3 swarms of 32 gaunts (2 shooty, 1 close-combatey), Brood Lord with 12 strong bodyguard, 3 Warriors, 3 (almost) barebone Carnifexes, 6 more stealers, 3 Raveners, 1 Zoanthrope

Rob: 3 6-man pathfinders, Wraithlord, Farseer on Jetbike (holding vortex grenade), Harlequins, Baneblade

Mac: Land Raider, Predator Annihilator, 2 Devastator Squads, Scouts. LotD: 1 Master in terminator armour, 2 Tactical Squads, 1 Dreadnought, 3 Terminator Squads (various #'s and weapons)

Danny: Orbital Defense Laser, 2 10-man Plague Marine Squads

That's all I can do now, family forcing me off the computer. Will be back with actuall Bat. Rep.
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: Apoc. Battle Report Forces   Apoc. Battle Report Forces EmptySun Dec 23, 2007 7:32 pm

Mission Objectives: Fountain of Blood, Rocky Spire-thingy, Assassinate (Master w/ claws for me, Brood Lord for Cal, Farseer on Jetbike for Rob, Master w/ terminator armour for Mac).

Set-Up: Rocky Spire and Fountain of Blood placed in agreed upon No-Man's-Land. Danny put all of his Plague Marines on the base of his Orbital-Defense Laser, which was put on the corner of the board on Rob and Mac's side. Rob put the Wraithlord and Farseer in cover on the far left flank, with the Baneblade, Land Raider, and Predator Annihilator holding the center, Land Speeder Squad (Mac's, have multi-meltas, forgot to mention this in the other post) holding the far right flank. Mack's Devastators were on hills near the back of their part of the table. Rob had his Harlies ready to assault Danny's Plague Marine Squads. Cal and I placed everything right on the edge of No-Man's-Land, my Land Raider (filled with command squad, master, and epistolary) was in the dead center, Predator Destructor and Rhino off to the right, other Rhino and Razorback off to the left. Cal had his broods fill the spaces, with the Hive Tyrant in back near the right, Warriors closer to the center but still off to the right, Zoanthrope with a brood of Gun-guants off to the left. Due to misinterpretation and other things Mac and Rob didn't realize they could not deploy infiltrators (they won the bid with 3 minutes to our 6), and so they had all the infiltrators in Reserve.

Pre-Game moves: All of Cal's scuttlers moved forward, and our Blind-Barrage was launched. Mac set up his minefield in one big strip (36" by 6") so we could only go through one small (about 8") area of No-Man's-Land.

That's all for now, I'm being called off again.
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: Apoc. Battle Report Forces   Apoc. Battle Report Forces EmptySun Dec 23, 2007 9:58 pm

1st turn: Rob & Mac: Very little movement on thier part, just enough to point just about everything at Danny's small force (because of the Blind-Barrage). Wraithlord and Farseer on jetbike moved forward, as did Dire Avengers (damn, forgot something else on the army lists). Mac's Speeder squadron moved to within 12" of my Pred. Destructor. Shooting was very eventful with Mac and Rob shooting just about everything they had at Danny's Orbital Defense Laser and killing all but three Plague Marines around it (Baneblade cannons really hurt Feel No Painers). Otherwise, lots of shooting at a gun-gaunt brood by flamer wielding Wraithlords and 'Stealers shot by Dire Avengers (no bladestorm though). (Actually Rob, you need to describe what happened there, I wasn't paying attention). Rob's Farseer proceeded to throw his Vortex Grenade, miss our stuff, and land on the minefield removing it completely! Mac's speeders shook my predator (extra armour can pay off against penetrating hits), and his Whirlwind shot mines at our side, but scattered into the Vortex, which sucked them up as well. Rob's Dire Avengers assaulted some Genestealers (I think) and wiped them out, losing some in return and moving into gun gaunts. Last, Rob's Harlies wiped out the last three of Danny's Plague Marines. Then we realized that Mac forgot to roll for LotD.

My and Cal's turn: The Vortex Grenade moved and sucked up some gun gaunts in contact with Rob's Avengers. Movement consisted of everything going forward full-speed under cover of the blind barrage, Command Squad coming out of the land raider, 6-man tactical squad coming out of the Razorback (to help the gun gaunts), and 8-man tactical with plasmagun and powerfist coming out of a Rhino. Shooting commenced, Wraithlord took no wounds from anything (plasma and meltaguns), some gun gaunts (20-something of them) shot a Land Speeder out of the sky and knocked the other's multi-melta off. Then the assault phase consisted of Rob's Avengers killing some guants then taking casulties, forcing an automatically (stupid synapse) passed leadership for Cal's gaunts. My command squad assualted the Wraithlord and Rob's Farseer (not far behind), and my Librarian and Master got into contact with it. Everyone in my command squad had Furious Charge. 12 power weapon attacks (6 which could re-roll wounds) later and the farseer was unharmed. Farseer missed completely, normal attacks against Farseer did 2 wounds. Attacks against Wraithlord wounded it once, while he sliced and diced two marines. Wraithlord and Farseer stayed in combat.

Danny's Turn: Vortex moved and sucked up some of my marines by the Razorback. He had three twin-linked Heavy Bolters that did not get shaken (he had the full armament on his Defense Laser). They shot and killed 1 Harlequin, 2 Devastators from one squad, and 1 from another.

Turn 2:

Rob and Mac's turn: Vortex moved out and sucked up the big Rocky-Spire-Thingy! Bye-Bye objective! Oh, and it also sucked up four more of my marines (one of which held the plasma gun). 3 of Rob's Pathfinder Squads moved onto the board as well as Mac's Scouts. Mac rolled for LotD, but they didn't come on. Rob moved his Baneblade back a little bit, Mac moved his Epistolary into assault range of my Master. Rob's Harlequins moved around the Defense Laser, the Land Speeder flew away 24", the Predator and Land Raider moved forward, and that was about it. A lot shot at my Land Raider and failed to do anything (even the Baneblade, which scattered and killed different people). Still a lot of shooting at Danny's Defense Laser. Mind is a bit fuzzed over at this part. Assault Phase saw Mac's Epistolary charge my Master and deal a wound which was saved thanks to his Iron Halo. My Master dealt two wounds in return, and my Epistolary tried to kill the Farseer, but couldn't (Rob made waaaaay too many 4+ invulns in two turns, but then again, so did I). Normal attacks did nothing to the Farseer. Powerfist did nothing to the Wraithlord, and he squished only one marine this turn. Everything was fine. The Dire Avengers killed Cal's 'nids down to half, where we agreed he should just kill them all and recycle them next turn. The Avengers swept into what remained of my Razorback Squad. Rob's Harlequins assaulted Danny's defense laser and didn't really do anything to it.

Me and Cal: Vortex moved and (thankfully) killed nothing this turn. I flank-marched an Assault Squad onto the board, while Cal flank-marched a Ravenor squad, the Brood Lord and bodyguard, and a Carnifex. Somehow my Rhino squad was down to two Marines (not sure how it happened), so they moved to assault the Farseer. The recycled gaunts prepared on a side to move and assualt the Avengers (who fought with my Razorback squad for two turns, before they killed one and my Marines wiped them out, so disregard them). My other Rhino squad piled out on top of the Blood Fountain with the Rhino as a wall. The fresh Assault Squad moved into charge range of the rear of Rob's Baneblade. Things moved forward. Blurry memory. Shooting. More Blurr. Assault Phase, the remainder of my tactical squad moved and assaulted the Farseer, my Master took a wound from Mac's Epistolary, but saved it again with his Iron Halo. My Epistolary did nothing, my powerfist killed the Wraithlord, and the other powerfist from the tactical squad killed the farseer. Brood Lord Assaulted a Pathfinder squad, while a Carnifex assualted something. Massacre got my marines more toward the center of the board. My Assault Marines meltabombed the hell out of the Baneblade, and did took out the Demolisher cannon, and caused two Chain Reactions, damaging the drive and shaking a gun crew (the Baneblade cannon which made its Primary weapon save).

Danny's Turn: Vortex moved and did nothing again. Danny checked range to Cal's Hive Tyrant and dully obliterated it with a 10" S: D AP: 1 template of death. Not sure what else happened.

Parents want me off, more to come tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: Apoc. Battle Report Forces   Apoc. Battle Report Forces EmptyTue Jan 01, 2008 5:28 pm

Sorry, just remembered. Brain's a little fuzzy on how it went, but, I'll give all the important details. drunken

Turn 3: (Danny had to leave for familial reasons) The Vortex did nothing else this game except move around (to my knowledge), so I'm discounting it from further writings.

Mack and Rob: Rob's Harlies headed toward my assault marines, Mack still failed to roll his LotD in, rest of their reserves came on, Rob's Baneblade tank-shocked my assault marines. Shooting, Rob's Harlies moved towards my assault marines more, Rob shot his Baneblade at my command squad and killed everyone except for my Master (thank you Iron Halo). Mack shot a lot of stuff at my Master (which was all saved thanks to the Iron Halo (lots of Lascannons)). Assault, Rob's Harlies moved in and decimated all but two of my Assault Marines (who were just out of combat).

Cal and Me: All of our reserves came on. More marines went to assault the back of the Baneblade. More Carni's came in to kill opponents forces. Master moved closer to enemy Predator. Shooting, I don't think we shot anything. Assault: Master assaulted Predator, Assault Marines went toe to toe with Harlies (two headed for Baneblade), Carni hit Baneblade, Carni was in with Devastators. Harlies killed a few Assault Marines, then were cut down to the troupe leader. Master immobilized and stunned Predator (assaulted it's side w/ furious charge). Assault Marines destroyed Baneblade then I rolled Apocalyptic Explosion! Everything in 10 inches died (except my Master, with an Iron Halo save, a Land Raider (even a Baneblade blowing up didn't really hurt it!), and multi-wound Carnifexes).

Turn 4: Last turn

Mack and Rob: Mack finally rolled in his LotD. Just about everything on one side of the board was dead, so the tide of battle shifted to the middle, where the last (non-moving) objective was. Shooting, lots of shooting, some of Cal's Synapse creatures died. No assault to my knowledge.

My and Cal's: Some of Cal's gaunts failed a leadership test and lurked, everything else moved toward the newly arrived (although a bit late) LotD. Shooting occured, some things were killed, others survived because of Feel No Pain. Some assault where lots of bugs were crushed but a few terminators were brought down. We agreed to end the game there.

Winners: Me and Cal

Objectives Held:
Vortex: 1
Me and Cal: 2
Mack and Rob: 0

All around good game, very fun, but afterwords we played Munchkin until the store kicked us out.
Back to top Go down
Mack_attack
Neophyte
Mack_attack

PostSubject: fizzy   Apoc. Battle Report Forces EmptyFri Jan 04, 2008 6:27 pm

Wow nathan you are a little fizzy!!
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: Apoc. Battle Report Forces   Apoc. Battle Report Forces EmptyFri Jan 04, 2008 6:33 pm

Shuddap Mack!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apoc. Battle Report Forces   Apoc. Battle Report Forces Empty

Back to top Go down

Apoc. Battle Report Forces
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: General :: Battle Reports-
Jump to: