CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need help with Ork list vs. Tau

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
theblackcompany
Neophyte

Need help with Ork list vs. Tau Empty
PostSubject: Need help with Ork list vs. Tau   Need help with Ork list vs. Tau EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 8:19 am

Me and my pals are very competitive with one another. We are just starting new and will most likely not do tournaments. It will likely stay within the group. I run Orks. Orks are awesome. I got a buddy who runs Tyranid with a hive tyrant bought as his first model ever. I don't have problems there. Another buddy who runs IG and they arethe most competitive games ever. Last but not least a friend with Tau. I played against him twice and it was a massacre both times. Since we are all friends we ar lax on model usage. Slugga boys can be shoota boys.
His Models and the typical list I face.

3 Xv8 units with twin linked missiles and some other upgrades. but I think they were useless in the battle cause he pretty much just used them as scoring units.
3 squads of fire warriors with pulse rifles for rapidfire. One had an ethereal with fire storm thingy.
And 4 marker drone

I was unaware that there xcould be so much stupidity in a 500pt list

Anyway I was wondering a decent list to field that would at least make the battles competitive?
Back to top Go down
theblackcompany
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Ork list vs. Tau   Need help with Ork list vs. Tau EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 8:40 am

Basically his units were all set up front line so as soon as I got within rapidfire range it was a complete massacre. Turn 2 wipe.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Ork list vs. Tau   Need help with Ork list vs. Tau EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 11:05 am

Mad Dok and MegaNobz with cybork Bodies... Snikrot and Kommandos... And/or as many regular boyz as possible
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Ork list vs. Tau   Need help with Ork list vs. Tau EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 11:09 am

And out of curiosity why no tournaments? or outside your circle of friends? Which is more than ok to do no issue with that just curious.
Back to top Go down
theblackcompany
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Ork list vs. Tau   Need help with Ork list vs. Tau EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 11:26 am

Well I mean its a possibility but it is more likely a distant future situation. One reason is because the IG player has his armies theme as the NCR from fallout and is using forgeworld minis for his shock troops and veterans. As well we live a fair distance awayand are more interested on a casual level. Most of us aren't big fans of the concept of " your strength is only as large as your wallet"
Back to top Go down
theblackcompany
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Ork list vs. Tau   Need help with Ork list vs. Tau EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 11:27 am

And I tried to boy bash him but it wasn't enough. So many shots. Such a high BS I stood no chance
Back to top Go down
theblackcompany
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Ork list vs. Tau   Need help with Ork list vs. Tau EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 12:36 pm

And I tried to boy bash him but it wasn't enough. So many shots. Such a high BS I stood no chance
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Ork list vs. Tau   Need help with Ork list vs. Tau EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 1:09 pm

I'd Really like to see the NCR IG. I am a big fan of Fallout!!! Themes are ok in Tournaments and using Forgeworld models in leiu of another similar model is ok in CAG tourneys, hell we even encourage that. The wallet thing is not necessarily true the winner of the last Tournament at EGC was using Black Templar!
I understand the lengthy distance thing.

If you stick Mad dok in with the big boyz mob and upgrade them to cybork bodies (5+Inv) Then they would always get their save and Mad Dok gives a 5+ Feel no Pain too. Or for more expnesive points fun make them all 'Ard boyz for a 4+ armor too... And stick to cover area so he burns his marker lights on removing your cover...
Back to top Go down
theblackcompany
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Ork list vs. Tau   Need help with Ork list vs. Tau EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 5:13 pm

My previous list
Hq
Big mek w/KFF

20 slugga boyz w/ nob PKlaw
20 slugga boyz w/ nob PKlaw

5 Lootas in 4+ cover in range to his entire army
It was a 500 pt list

Back to top Go down
theblackcompany
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Ork list vs. Tau   Need help with Ork list vs. Tau EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 5:17 pm

And even with the mek putting 5+ cover he didnt even use the lights for the cover. He just upped his BS and with the amount of attacks he got I couldnt roll enough. While the XV8's proceeded to clean my lootas up nice and cleanly and take both first blood and line breaker
Back to top Go down
Lord of Change
Neophyte
Lord of Change

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Ork list vs. Tau   Need help with Ork list vs. Tau EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 3:32 am

Well, you could load three battlewagons up with lootas and deploy them on a landing pad. Tau don't deal with AV14 at long range well. 45 Loota should be able to deal with the initial threats and boyz clean up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Ork list vs. Tau   Need help with Ork list vs. Tau Empty

Back to top Go down

Need help with Ork list vs. Tau
Page 1 of 1