CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Future of CAG

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
CJ
Captain
Captain

Future of CAG Empty
PostSubject: Future of CAG   Future of CAG EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 12:54 am

OK....been talking to a few Westsiders and we all kinda agree on something. The West Side of town has very little to zero support. On that note.......and since I AM one of the remaining 6 from the origional development of CAG oh so many years ago, I want to discuss on breaking out CAG with a West Side chapter. The goal is to utilize I75 and West to bring the games as well as the the very few but local mom n pop shops, and help expose how big our gaming community is. Not only will this relieve some of the pressure from you Sean, but it will give s an opportunity to spread. I have talked to my apartment complex managers about utilizing the club house one evening to run some demos as well as bring interest to the game here in Harrison OH. Not only the West side but outer fringes as well as South Eastern Indiana. I think it's a good move for a gaming community that is solely on the East Side of town to help expand its borders. Especially if we want to make it bigger and better. I know our dream goal is to have tournies as big as Adepticon or any of the other big venues within the United States.

So....what do you think?

oh as for a numbers count on Westsiders who are playing on a regular basis? 14 and growing. I got 2 newbies interested in the game the past 2 weeks.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

Future of CAG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future of CAG   Future of CAG EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 9:31 am

That's a pretty darn cool idea, CJ, it's too bad I really don't play much anymore.... Haven't even played Dropzone in 2 months (not for lack of want, but lack of time). Heck, I haven't been painting all that much either (even though I have a BUNCH of Reaper stuff I got last year with the Kickstarter i want to paint). Good luck, though! I don't think you'd have to split things off, if you have people post on here about Make a Date and such, I'm sure it might alert people who are on here who may like to show up.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

Future of CAG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future of CAG   Future of CAG EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 4:04 pm

Yea a split is not needed. The issue is the people on the westside that want to play and do orginized things come to the eastside for the most part. I know there are a lot of gamers on the westside and i would love to run more events on the westside but given that my mobility issues prevent me from being able to do it myself I have to rely on others to do it.

The other issue is the limited play areas capable of hosting events. Its great that you have a place that you can dedicate to people coming over to play but the stores on the westside do not have the space to run the bigger events.

I would love for someone to step up and be a CAG representative for the stores on the westside of town and organize events and grow the hobby with new players. There are just not that many willing to do what it takes to do that. If you or anyone is interested in filling that role I have some things to help them to do that and some guidelines to follow to help encourage the growth of all of our hobbies everywhere.

Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
The Madman
Sergeant
Sergeant
The Madman

Future of CAG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future of CAG   Future of CAG EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 4:08 pm

what's the objection to utilizing Sci FI City or YQ?

why has there been so much pull back away from these shops?

Back to top Go down
http://www.cincyrec.org
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

Future of CAG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future of CAG   Future of CAG EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 4:20 pm

Not necessarily a pull back from those stores. the issue i have ismy inability to travel at all. Chronic Vertigo will do that. Scifi city has been open to events in the past but limited space limits the events we can run there. YQ has made it clear to us that they want to run their own events with no help from us, this is their call that's how they want to do it, no hard feelings here, there are a few stores that are like that and that's ok. But when we choose to do events and support the stores we will support the stores that support us first. I wish no ill will towards any of the stores hence why we still have all listed at the bottom of our page. (that we know of). We are doing more and more events outof stores at charity events that we try to share our hobbies with those that are unaware and we generally direct people to the store clearest to that person or one of our sponsoring stores...

Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Sponsored content

Future of CAG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future of CAG   Future of CAG Empty

Back to top Go down

Future of CAG
Page 1 of 1