CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Aun'va Paradox of Duality...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MrRiptide
Neophyte

Aun'va Paradox of Duality... Empty
PostSubject: Aun'va Paradox of Duality...   Aun'va Paradox of Duality... EmptySat Apr 19, 2014 3:30 am

So I recently ventured away my O'vesa star in search of other silly combos and found Aun'va with his magic staff of ignoring wounds. Play tested him recently with a Tau commander in 2+ armor tanking out front for him, along with 2x shield drones. His squad was largely ignored which let him buff a bunch of fire warriors. Anyways, I had 2 questions regarding his staff special rule....

"Paradox of duality - Whenever Aunva's unit suffers one or more unsaved wounds from a shorting attack, roll a D6. If the result is equal to or higher than the AP of the shot, the wound is discounted, exactly as if a cover save had been passed ( wounds from AP1 are therefore discounted). This roll cannot be made against weapons with AP - ."

1st question is when this is combined with a Feel No Pain roll, which happens first? (Assuming you already failed your first armor/cover/invul). I can't think of any reasons / situations off the top of my head on why the order would matter, but would like to know incase the issue does arise.

2nd question is can this be used against strength D? I'm guessing the answer is no because this would fall into the special rolls category. But it would be comical to see a Aun'va use his power to shrug off strength D hits ( 2+ paradox role against it because of AP2), and then continue to parade across the battlefield in his floating wheelchair.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Aun'va Paradox of Duality...   Aun'va Paradox of Duality... EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 4:16 pm

Still working on the answer for this one.  just a heads up.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
MrRiptide
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Aun'va Paradox of Duality...   Aun'va Paradox of Duality... EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 7:24 pm

No worries. I know it's pretty obscure since you don't see Aunva run that much.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Aun'va Paradox of Duality...   Aun'va Paradox of Duality... EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 9:32 pm

Based on what we looked at tonight. The Special  would be before FNP. 

The D weapon trumps the special.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
MrRiptide
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Aun'va Paradox of Duality...   Aun'va Paradox of Duality... EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 9:34 pm

Awesome. Sounds good. Thank you very much for the information
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aun'va Paradox of Duality...   Aun'va Paradox of Duality... Empty

Back to top Go down

Aun'va Paradox of Duality...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer 40k :: 40k Rules Questions & Discussion-
Jump to: