CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hobby Shop (Dayton, OH) April, 11th 40K Tournament

Go down 
+2
Black Templar Dude
dewen
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
dewen
Neophyte
dewen

Hobby Shop (Dayton, OH) April, 11th 40K Tournament - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobby Shop (Dayton, OH) April, 11th 40K Tournament   Hobby Shop (Dayton, OH) April, 11th 40K Tournament - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 10:42 pm

Champion: If any of a player’s characters wins a Challenge (Warhammer 40,000 rulebook pg. 101) during the game, the player achieves the objective. Either player may issue or accept a Challenge. The Challenge is won by a player in any one of the following cases:
• the opponent refuses the challenge
• the opponent’s model is completely destroyed as a result of the challenge and directly from the challenger (Combatant Slain)
• the opponent successful makes a Glorious Intervention
In the rare occurrence the model involved in the Challenge is destroyed as a result of Sweeping Advances, the objective is not achieved. The challenger should have finished the job when the Challenge was underway and the chance. This objective may only be achieved once per game for each player.
Back to top Go down
dewen
Neophyte
dewen

PostSubject: Re: Hobby Shop (Dayton, OH) April, 11th 40K Tournament   Hobby Shop (Dayton, OH) April, 11th 40K Tournament - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 2:54 pm

Low turn out this weekend. Will took second and walked away with the GW miniature case. Nate took first place.
Back to top Go down
40Kwill
Neophyte
40Kwill

PostSubject: Re: Hobby Shop (Dayton, OH) April, 11th 40K Tournament   Hobby Shop (Dayton, OH) April, 11th 40K Tournament - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 3:15 pm

dewen wrote:
Low turn out this weekend. Will took second and walked away with the GW miniature case. Nate took first place.

Next time we should aim fora new format.
~1000 points
no super heavies
straight up rulebook missions Eternal war and Maelstrom
totally user friendly for new folks
Maybe even vote on best army or something BEFORE we play.
Back to top Go down
dewen
Neophyte
dewen

PostSubject: Re: Hobby Shop (Dayton, OH) April, 11th 40K Tournament   Hobby Shop (Dayton, OH) April, 11th 40K Tournament - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 3:58 pm

Will, that is the plan. There are several new players around that area.

Less points, simple missions and restrictions that competitive players may not like.  Some ideas to consider:
- Limiting number of sources (dataslates, codex, supplements ...) for your army to 2
- No Imp Knights
- No FW

I will try to have a casual learning day a couple weeks before the tournament. Maybe the first round of the tournament, the newer players are paired with experienced players.

If you have more ideas, send them to me or post them.
Back to top Go down
40Kwill
Neophyte
40Kwill

PostSubject: Re: Hobby Shop (Dayton, OH) April, 11th 40K Tournament   Hobby Shop (Dayton, OH) April, 11th 40K Tournament - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 11:42 pm

dewen wrote:

Less points, simple missions and restrictions that competitive players may not like.  Some ideas to consider:
- Limiting number of sources (dataslates, codex, supplements ...) for your army to 2
- No Imp Knights
- No FW

I will try to have a casual learning day a couple weeks before the tournament. Maybe the first round of the tournament, the newer players are paired with experienced players.

If you have more ideas, send them to me or post them.

Ehh with the new stuff that is out there is ZERO reason to ban Forge World.
Its not like Forgeworld has shooting D weapons on the majority of the army or 4+ Reanimation etc.
It is pretty weak these days in comparison for almost everything.

Super Heavies. Yep they do make people quit.

I like the limit of 2 sources per army if you lift the 2 detachment limit. That would let someone with one of the really new armies like Harlequins or Skittari field an army with several small formations.

Back to top Go down
40Kwill
Neophyte
40Kwill

PostSubject: Re: Hobby Shop (Dayton, OH) April, 11th 40K Tournament   Hobby Shop (Dayton, OH) April, 11th 40K Tournament - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 10:21 am

dewen wrote:

Don't limit it to 2 dataslates. Each unit in the new codecs is a dataslate. If you limit for 2 dataslates you would be saying Orks could take 2 units For example

Slugga boys
and the
Warboss

They couldn't even take a truck for them to ride in.
Back to top Go down
dewen
Neophyte
dewen

PostSubject: Re: Hobby Shop (Dayton, OH) April, 11th 40K Tournament   Hobby Shop (Dayton, OH) April, 11th 40K Tournament - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 12:47 pm

I'm not banning FW because I think its overpowered. I'm setting limits to simplify the games for new players. GWs long list of available armies abd minis plus the new small armies is enough to take in at once.
Back to top Go down
40Kwill
Neophyte
40Kwill

PostSubject: Re: Hobby Shop (Dayton, OH) April, 11th 40K Tournament   Hobby Shop (Dayton, OH) April, 11th 40K Tournament - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 5:25 pm

dewen wrote:
I'm not banning FW because I think its overpowered. I'm setting limits to simplify the games for new players. GWs long list of available armies abd minis plus the new small armies is enough to take in at once.

That is pretty reasonable.
I'm looking forward to the smaller points games and hopefully not going up against a bunch of ranged or even CC D weapons.

Back to top Go down
40Kwill
Neophyte
40Kwill

PostSubject: Re: Hobby Shop (Dayton, OH) April, 11th 40K Tournament   Hobby Shop (Dayton, OH) April, 11th 40K Tournament - Page 2 EmptySat May 02, 2015 8:50 pm

Dave,

Are you going to run the next one in June?
Back to top Go down
dewen
Neophyte
dewen

PostSubject: Re: Hobby Shop (Dayton, OH) April, 11th 40K Tournament   Hobby Shop (Dayton, OH) April, 11th 40K Tournament - Page 2 EmptySun May 03, 2015 8:19 am

That's the plan. Tentatively, Sat 6/13. It'll be slightly diff format to encourage newer players.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hobby Shop (Dayton, OH) April, 11th 40K Tournament   Hobby Shop (Dayton, OH) April, 11th 40K Tournament - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hobby Shop (Dayton, OH) April, 11th 40K Tournament
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2