CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bad news for Warhammer Fantasy/40k RPG's

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

Bad news for Warhammer Fantasy/40k RPG's Empty
PostSubject: Bad news for Warhammer Fantasy/40k RPG's   Bad news for Warhammer Fantasy/40k RPG's EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 1:11 am

Quote :
“Black Industries regret to announce that Dark Heresy: Disciples of the Dark Gods out in September will be the final product to be released from Black Industries.

Kevin Rountree General Manager of BL Publishing said ‘As a result of the continued and impressive success of our core novels business, which we have built around 40K and Warhammer, we have decided to focus all of our efforts on growing this part of our business. Black Industries has seen fantastic success, most recently with Talisman and Dark Heresy. This change does not take away from that achievement rather it allows BL Publishing to focus on producing the best novels we can. This is a purely commercial decision and will enable us to carry on the huge growth that we have recently been experiencing with our novels’

For the time being Black Industries will continue to post articles in support of the products on their official website, which is a fantastic resource for scenarios and gaming tools for GM’s and players alike.”

I think this says it all…a terrible day in the world of Warhammer RPGs.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: Bad news for Warhammer Fantasy/40k RPG's   Bad news for Warhammer Fantasy/40k RPG's EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 8:39 am

Rumor on BoLS is that after releasing Dark Heresy they realized that their profit margin on an RPG was nothing since it took too many people too long to make it, and then the printing costs were high due to the color pictures. I guess that's why they released it and immediately said, "And ok, no more of these"
Back to top Go down
SciFiCityCincinnati
Initiate
Initiate
SciFiCityCincinnati

PostSubject: Re: Bad news for Warhammer Fantasy/40k RPG's   Bad news for Warhammer Fantasy/40k RPG's EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 9:58 am

Yeah, it saddens me greatly to see two great games get the shaft.

BUT, I am still going to run my Open WH40K RPG at Sci-Fi City every Sunday!

Enjoy, Have Fun, whatever,

Eric @ Sci-Fi Cincinnati
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Bad news for Warhammer Fantasy/40k RPG's   Bad news for Warhammer Fantasy/40k RPG's EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 11:45 am

I bet the community will do a ton of cool content... it's just finding where they all land that will be tricky.

I'm sure GW will look to finding a different publisher at some point.

And who knows, perhaps they will become free after a while if we don't get any new Warhammer RPG
Back to top Go down
SciFiCityCincinnati
Initiate
Initiate
SciFiCityCincinnati

PostSubject: Re: Bad news for Warhammer Fantasy/40k RPG's   Bad news for Warhammer Fantasy/40k RPG's EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 12:05 pm

Matt,

just remember that WFRP1 didn't become free at any point between the release of Realms of Sorcery and the the release for WFRP2, so I am not holding my breath on this.

nice thing is that the forums on the BI boards are going to be kept live for the fan base to use. so we will have a nice place to dump stuff and the links to stuff.

-eric
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Bad news for Warhammer Fantasy/40k RPG's   Bad news for Warhammer Fantasy/40k RPG's EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 12:11 pm

Ok, so luckily they won't have to find a new home.

And about it begin free... we can always hope Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bad news for Warhammer Fantasy/40k RPG's   Bad news for Warhammer Fantasy/40k RPG's Empty

Back to top Go down

Bad news for Warhammer Fantasy/40k RPG's
Page 1 of 1