CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm bored...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

I'm bored... Empty
PostSubject: I'm bored...   I'm bored... EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 10:41 am

I'm bored at work. Somebody give me something to Mathammer. Also, I've heard many comments on the "toning down" of rending on other forums, but as far as I had seen the leaks only change the armor penetration to an additional 1D3. Did it say somewhere that they ignore armor on a 6 comes on the to wound roll instead of the to hit? Also, the new scouts rule allows units to start in reserve and move onto the board with the side table edges. How do you think this tactic would work with my army, where everyone is scouts?
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

I'm bored... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm bored...   I'm bored... EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 1:17 pm

It means anyone with a build up rear echelon should be afraid, very afraid.
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

I'm bored... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm bored...   I'm bored... EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 1:20 pm

I think the concern with rending obviously has to do with Genestealers. The game needed something like rending because of those low armor roll units or high armor was just too tough for a class of troops that were supposed to be more scare than they were playing out in 3rd edition.

This is all part of a natural evolution of the game.
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

I'm bored... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm bored...   I'm bored... EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 4:48 pm

I got something. Could you Mathammer the Dark Angels psychic power, Hellfire? Rg: Template, Str: 2d6-2, AP:d6

To your other things, I think it really matters who you are playing and what army you are playing. Think of the possibilities that Scouting has now against those evil armies that sit back and shoot you to nothing, or run down the flanks for swift attacks. With the scout rule the way it is now, you should be able to hit those people where it hurts (again depending on the mission), either taking kill points or objective counters when you most need them. As to rending I agree with Angry Bob.
Back to top Go down
Steve
Initiate
Initiate
Steve

I'm bored... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm bored...   I'm bored... EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 5:27 pm

Yea everyone is complaining about rending, getting the nerf. I think its actually balanced now. As far as I know your right about only a 1D3 for armor pen and you need 6 on the to wound roll now.

I think the scout rule is interesting and could be good for a unit. I feel a whole army with the ability will get you slaughtered by any competent(sp?) general. All you have to do is prepare to fight on one side of the table and because of the random role to see which side you come in will even more piece mail attack. Role for reserves then role for which side? Totally inconsistent.

The only real gripe I have about the new rules is that you have to make saves on heavy and special weapons. I think that the rule now is fair. I just dont see a sqaud of guardsmen leaving behind there autocannon or guardians leaving behind the scatter laser. I understand the need to do something about min max but this isnt the answer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I'm bored... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm bored...   I'm bored... Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm bored...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer 40k :: 40k General Discussion-
Jump to: