CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spirit Host 2000pts

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

Spirit Host 2000pts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirit Host 2000pts   Spirit Host 2000pts - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 6:34 pm

If you want a very expensive army that will make others mad with ya. Very Happy

But seriously don't know. Haven't played against the current Wood Elve Army Book since World of Hobbies and Games. Even then at most they would field one unit of Treekin. If I were to speculate a couple of units large enough to cancel ranks and take a couple of hits could get ugly, kind of like how many Ogre players probably imagined how their army would fight. These guys are as special slot, right?

Dryads to manuever, maybe force certain manuevers out of the enemy, these guys could try to lock an enemy unit with a charge. Next turn the Treekin and or Treeman slam the enemy, preferably in a side charge to even out combat resolution.

One really big disadvantage of any wood only list is the lack of rank bonuses. Warhammer Fantasy Battles is all about the combat resolution, you can lose the killing game and still win the fight with ranks, banners, and flank charges. My rank and file undead can't kill jack, except the skeletal horses who sometimes seem to kick more butt than the Wights.
Back to top Go down
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

Spirit Host 2000pts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirit Host 2000pts   Spirit Host 2000pts - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2008 8:05 pm

I don't like the Spellweaver only because I feel the wood elf magic is too limited. Something to keep in mind, Spites work like magic items, you can't bring the same spite multiple times in the same list. This will limit the effectiveness of a lot of Branchwraiths. If you are really concerned about magic, spellsinger/dispel scroll caddies are more effective.
Dryads are the bread and butter of the list you are trying to build, but a unit of treekin would go nicely with it. Even though skirmishers can be march blocked now, they can still go places a rank and file unit can't. Something that would be ugly would be a branchwraith with blight of terrors breaking off from a unit of dryads to run between a some troops to get to the enemies backside. Somewhat a waste since you already cause fear and are paying 50 points to cause terror, but could be useful against low leadership armies.
Back to top Go down

Spirit Host 2000pts
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer Fantasy :: Fantasy Army Lists and Tactics-
Jump to: