CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

F&S Tournament Feb 16th

Go down 
+2
Nathan
Matt
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

F&S Tournament Feb 16th Empty
PostSubject: F&S Tournament Feb 16th   F&S Tournament Feb 16th EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 10:16 pm

So, first up some pics of where I am for those that care.

Work - temporary office until they get the new space down town.

F&S Tournament Feb 16th 00_work

Prerequisite work bench shot

F&S Tournament Feb 16th 00_room

I came in 2nd out of 19 with this list

HQ

Sammael
- speeder version

Elites

Deathwing Terminators
- 1x pwr swrd + SB, 2x pwr fst + SB, 1x dbl LC, 1x pwr fst + ass cnn

Troops

Ravenwing Assault Squadron
- 6 bikes, 2 flamers, 1 pwr fst + attack bike

Ravenwing Assault Squadron
- 6 bikes, 2 flamers, 1 pwr fst + attack bike

Fast Attack

landspeeder tornado

landspeeder tornado

Heavy Support

Devestator Squad
- 10 men, 4x heavy bolters

Devestator Squad
- 10 men, 4x missile launchers

Game 1 vs. Orks

Veteran Sergent Balimor looked out from the ruined building him and his squad had occupied. The green skin horde had begun to advance on his position. Both the 9th and 10th devestator squads of the 4th had textbook fire lanes. Balimor had no idea that his time in this life was about to come to an abrupt end.

Overview
Ever had one of those games where nothing could go any worse for you and nothing could go any better for your opponent? This was one of those games. After setting up the board the mission rolled was cleanse. Perfect! I had a massive open field to rip Orks apart on. NOPE! Think again!

Game began with his lobbas pinning BOTH my devastator squads, a few casualties on his side but nothing much. Snikrot arrived laying into my dev squad... not before his lootas shot at them causing 17 wounds... of which i failed 14 saves! At this point we were just laughing. This was followed by 8 wounds on my bikers, of which i failed 5. He ended up wiping me to a man, managing to kill Sammy in hth. 6 to hit, 6 to glance and a 6 to destory! Got to love Ork nobs blessed by Gork + Mork.

Balimor could see what was left of the noble brothers that had accompanied him. As he rolled around he felt the sun beating on his face, his helmet was cracked. The very moment he thought to reach for it, he was cleaved in two by an Ork wielding two large blades. The last thing he saw was the Ork grinning down at him.

Outcome - Massacred

Some images of the battle. Fluger says sorry for the unpainted army Smile Incidentally... I also say sorry for mine Rolling Eyes

F&S Tournament Feb 16th 00_orks1

F&S Tournament Feb 16th 00_orks2

F&S Tournament Feb 16th 00_orks

Game 2 vs. Ultramarines

The order had come from up on high, they were to eradicate this group of marines before they could reach the ridge. An objective of great importance had taken refuge in the cliffs. One of the fallen was at hand, no one friend or foe would stand in the way

Overview
The mission was take and hold, escalation. As soon as the game started it looked bad. My heavy bolter dev squad took 3 casualties and promptly rolled a 10 and fled (no Sammy on the board yet). Woo! I returned fire in small amounts, knocking units below scoring where I could. The tide turned when I crushed my opponents right flank with a strike from the Ravenwing. This allowed me to jump out on the objective turn 6 while whittling down his scoring units.

The inner circle would be pleased, the chapter was one step closer to redeeming itself in the eyes of the Emperor. It was a necessary tragedy that it had to be paid for by blood from their brother chapter.

Outcome - Solid Victory

Some images of the battle.

F&S Tournament Feb 16th 00_ultramarines1

F&S Tournament Feb 16th 00_ultramarines

Game 3 vs. Orks (different opponent though:))

It was time to take land back from the green skins. The company had recently lost many brothers, time for revenge. Sammael gunned his speeder over the rise to confront the enemy.

Overview
The mission was patrol. I pretty much cornered up using my attack bikes to protect my flanks. I favored my left and steadily cleared a path across the board. He never really had a chance as I picked him apart from range. I delivered a final counter assault on a unit of bikers protecting Ghazkull and his mob, wiping them to a man. He had 0 scoring units left giving me a win by over 1900 points (Rocketing me into 2nd place next to Flugers Orks (my first opponent).

Sammael looked over the edge of his speeder as he banked back around. The enemy had been routed with minimal casualties. The day was won.

Outcome - Massacre to me Smile

In true "I post battle reports of tournaments on the internet" fashion, I forgot to take pictures of the third game Smile Here are some pics of my current FLGS instead Smile

F&S Tournament Feb 16th 00_store

The painting tables (with free paint for the gamers Smile)

F&S Tournament Feb 16th 00_store1

The army cabinets (including some GT armies, a few of which have ranked top 5... or so says the sticker on a few of the cases). You can rent all of these to game with. Or go in on Fridays and play with them for free, last week they stayed open until around 3am. Beer + Warhammer into the night = good time.

F&S Tournament Feb 16th 00_armies

All in all a good weekend, won me a Librarian in Terminator armor and a bunch of paint + a brush Smile

Last edited by Matt on Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:07 am; edited 13 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: F&S Tournament Feb 16th   F&S Tournament Feb 16th EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 6:27 am

Very nice. Short, and with a bit of fluff too.
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: F&S Tournament Feb 16th   F&S Tournament Feb 16th EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 8:32 am

Congratulations, and a nice report. I'm sorry you had such bad luck in the first round, it sounds like you would have been the winner! I'm also jealous of free paint for gamers....
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: F&S Tournament Feb 16th   F&S Tournament Feb 16th EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 8:39 am

Well done Matt. Pictures are great!

Pretty open board areas there.

Any chance of opponents army list summaries?

Last edited by Marc on Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
cowbomber
Neophyte
cowbomber

PostSubject: Re: F&S Tournament Feb 16th   F&S Tournament Feb 16th EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 10:16 am

good job and i enjoyed the pictures
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: F&S Tournament Feb 16th   F&S Tournament Feb 16th EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 10:37 am

I love the army pictures
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: F&S Tournament Feb 16th   F&S Tournament Feb 16th EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 12:35 pm

Here is a very rough rundown of the lists i faced.

Game 1 - Fluger and his Orks

1 Mek with SaG
1 Mek with Kustom force field generator (KFFG)
A bunch of lootas, all with the autocannon type gun
10-15 stormboyz
2x 20-30 man ork mobs
some lobbas - these things are awesome for their cost
2 killa kans
battlewagon with some ard boyz inside
snikrot and around 10 kommandos + some burnas.

I also forgot to mention that when my terminators came in, I managed to have them scatter 12" straight at the enemy, they ended up about 4" away from 40 or so angry orks. This game really was funny. Doubt I could have had a clean win without all the bad luck, but it would have been a helluva close game.

Game 2 - James and his Ultramarines

ok this one will be hard to remember, so I'm sure it's pretty off

10 man assault squad
Chaplain
Tigerius (of course)
8 man assault squad
8 man scout squad with heavy bolter and boltguns, a few had snipers too
2x 5 man lascannon squads
2x 5 man heavy bolter squads
1x 5 man dev squads with 3 missile launchers
dreadnought

Game 3 - Jame's son (forgot his name Sad) and his Orks

Ghaz
'ard boyz in a battlewagon
3 trukk mobs
10 bikers
the ever present lootas with autocannon style gun
30 strong ork mob with the FNP gguy (quite a bitch to drop these below half)
zzap gun
looted wagon

That's the best i can do, I'll edit if i remember anything else. Fluger won the day. With Mech Eldar played by another guy named Brian in 3rd. No Moomey today. Or little Moomey for that matter (kid is like 15 and owns people, has played with GTers since he began the hobby).

Marc: They play every single piece of terrain as area terrain, just how they do it. So most of the boards it is hard to maintain fire lanes. Most of the low buildings count as size 2 area terrain... so they count vehicles as being able to see over it and hit people and you being able to see vehicles over it. All in all, terrain is very harsh here... you are normally safe or completely open with no in between... like walls/hills and such where we play (I think we interpret the rules more correctly... but that's another thread).
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: F&S Tournament Feb 16th   F&S Tournament Feb 16th EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 1:19 pm

Matt wrote:
Marc: They play every single piece of terrain as area terrain, just how they do it.

That makes sense.. well, makes the pics make sense.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: F&S Tournament Feb 16th   F&S Tournament Feb 16th EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 1:59 pm

Quote :
well, makes the pics make sense.

haha totally... it's taken some getting used to. Keeps things pretty clean, although I rarely have LOS arguments anyway, but w/e.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: F&S Tournament Feb 16th   F&S Tournament Feb 16th Empty

Back to top Go down

F&S Tournament Feb 16th
Page 1 of 1