CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dire Wolves

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sigma Golem
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sigma Golem

Dire Wolves Empty
PostSubject: Dire Wolves   Dire Wolves EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 1:31 pm

@Angry Bob, how do you use your Dire Wolves. Im not trying to counter against any of your Secrets( Grimgor already told me that part Laughing) Just kiddin. Im just looking for useful tactics.

Whats a good choice for multiple units. 2 or 3 Min sixed units,(5) or larger, 10 piece units.

For their price and speed, Im thinking of running 2 ten piece units. Im thinking on locking the Wolves up into units that can slow the charge of the Blood Nights, and keep them moving.
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

Dire Wolves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dire Wolves   Dire Wolves EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 4:08 pm

Sigma Golem wrote:
@Angry Bob, how do you use your Dire Wolves. Im not trying to counter against any of your Secrets( Grimgor already told me that part Laughing) Just kiddin. Im just looking for useful tactics.
Oh I expect George to provide as much useful intel on my VC as humanly (err Dwarvenly) possible. The bliter actually put me in his book of Grudges, have a framed certificate to prove it. Oh sure invade his mountainous home during one map campaign and suddenly my vampire lords are having do dodge steins and bolts at the pub. 8-P
Sigma Golem wrote:
Whats a good choice for multiple units. 2 or 3 Min sixed units,(5) or larger, 10 piece units.

For their price and speed, Im thinking of running 2 ten piece units. Im thinking on locking the Wolves up into units that can slow the charge of the Blood Nights, and keep them moving.
I really don't know their current stat line. If it is the same as the last book it looks very human but lower 'I' and higher 'M'.

Don't go too crazy on Direwolves. They are not a front line unit. Zombies and skelletons are where your get ranks and out numbering for fear. My big use of Direwolves in any number is at 2K and above.

The best way (old school way) to approach the undead pups is try out five or six model units. Ten is tricky and depending on the enemy or just how the strategy-to-tactics-to-dice rolls fall can be an expensive mistake.

That being said for all I know they are now an excellent screening force or heck maybe they have more bite now. The new VC Army Book is a near mystery to me since the only copy at Scifi City was sold Saturday morning about one hour before I got there. So for all I know in the future we will be seeing eight or ten wolf units running vanguard for Blood Knights and Black Knights.

I just don't want you to spend the money on them thinking they'll do cool charges. With my book and experience they never have. Useful charges or delay, yes. But never a resoundingly violent charge.
Back to top Go down
Sigma Golem
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sigma Golem

Dire Wolves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dire Wolves   Dire Wolves EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 4:46 pm

Was the Vampire Army Book yours? My bad. I thought you had one. About a week ago, I seen sci-fi announce that they had the AB availible. I thought thats when you picked it up. I really dont need it, right awy, excerpt for reading purpose.

I only have a unit of wolves, Grave Gaurd, and Crypt Ghouls, whick I might add, look amazingly nasty and mean. And Book.

Dire Wolves from what I can tell arent much, but they have Undead, Fast Cav. They also dont count towards the min. Core requirements. Which helps.

Unit size -5-20

Slavering Jaws(hand weapon)
Im not saying they are my main course to win, I plan to use them to slow other units down, and to re-direct enemy units away from my Nights.

I havent chosen a Vampire yet.....
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

Dire Wolves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dire Wolves   Dire Wolves EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 5:30 pm

Sigma Golem wrote:
Was the Vampire Army Book yours? My bad. I thought you had one. About a week ago, I seen sci-fi announce that they had the AB availible. I thought thats when you picked it up. I really dont need it, right awy, excerpt for reading purpose.
Last week the blizzard shut everything down.

You're in the clear Brian. Apparently do to their distribution structure Scifi City only had one copy to stores for shelf purpose. For the last several weeks they knew I was going to buy from them. Although things have been a bit crazy for Eric this last month, from illness to work and more work. It would seem I'm supposed to notify Noel about getting specific things. So it's my bad for not just pre-ordering it and keeping things simple.

At this point was just going to ebay it. Although if you want more figures I could buy the spearhead box and sell you the extra core cheep.
Sigma Golem wrote:
I only have a unit of wolves, Grave Gaurd, and Crypt Ghouls, whick I might add, look amazingly nasty and mean. And Book.
If you are playing in that campaign the Grave Guard can get a decent enough armer save with heavy armor and a shield.

I have absolutely not clue how the ghouls are now. They've changed radically in game play as in appearance.
Sigma Golem wrote:
Dire Wolves from what I can tell arent much, but they have Undead, Fast Cav. They also dont count towards the min. Core requirements. Which helps.

Unit size -5-20

Slavering Jaws(hand weapon)
Im not saying they are my main course to win, I plan to use them to slow other units down, and to re-direct enemy units away from my Nights.
They don't count towards the minimum of Core? If so that's a bad thing. It wouldn't be a surprise if they were trying to push people to buy more skeletons, zombies, and ghouls.
Sigma Golem wrote:
I havent chosen a Vampire yet.....
If they've done the book right people will actually think more carefully about which bloodline they go with. With the previous book it was always Blood Dragons when going over 1k points. The only reason to play another was just for fun or trying out something wacky in low point games.
Back to top Go down
Sigma Golem
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sigma Golem

Dire Wolves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dire Wolves   Dire Wolves EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 5:51 pm

Dire Wolves

"Note: Dire Wolves do not count towards your minimum Core unit requirements."

The Bat Swarm is the same way.("do not count towards your minimum Core unit requirements.")
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

Dire Wolves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dire Wolves   Dire Wolves EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 6:04 pm

In the last book only one bat swarm counted. Yeah it looks like a push to sell more models.
Back to top Go down
Sigma Golem
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sigma Golem

Dire Wolves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dire Wolves   Dire Wolves EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 6:13 pm

Angry Bob wrote:
In the last book only one bat swarm counted. Yeah it looks like a push to sell more models.

Well, you could have 3 units of Bats out of 1 unit box of 10. Unit size is 3-10.

The Wolves are 5- 20. That makes 2 units out of one box.

Thats why I like both units, Min units crusing around slowing down other more important units.

But Im going to have play some, before I give any real solid tactis, as I dont know didly about the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dire Wolves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dire Wolves   Dire Wolves Empty

Back to top Go down

Dire Wolves
Page 1 of 1