CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SM battle companies

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hacksaw
Neophyte
Hacksaw

SM battle companies Empty
PostSubject: SM battle companies   SM battle companies EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 1:44 am

A couple questions mixing fluff and chapter organization:

If a company is 100 marines, then where do vehicle crews and dreadnoughts fit in with the breakdown of a chapter?

Does it push the marine count over 100?

How many tanks, bikes, dreadnoughts are alotted to a company then?

Just a few things I was wondering. I'd really like to hear your thoughts on the matter.
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: SM battle companies   SM battle companies EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 9:33 pm

Depending on what source, vehicles are piloted by either tech-marines (or thier subsidieries (SP?)) or by the Devastator company marines.

Dreadnoughts are generally not added to the total number of Marines in a company because they were so badly injured and their gene-seed is already out.

The Marine count is only a generalization apparantly, and in many cases it has been pushed over the 100 mark (most recently in Apocalypse where a full company of Marines consists of 106 guys).

A company of Marines will only have a few of any type of tank alloted to them, getting most from the chapter armory in times of need (armoured spearhead, opening missile barrage, etc.). The amount of bikes at any given time is less than or equal to the amount of Assault marines in the company. And Dreadnoughts belong to the Chapter as a whole, and I don't think any one company would have more than about 3 at any given time.

Of course there are several chapters that vary from this format being the crusading chapters (Black Templar) and the Space Wolves (with 13 Great Companies w/ varied #s of Marines).
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: SM battle companies   SM battle companies EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 12:07 am

Yeah as Nathan said, it differs a lot from chapter to chapter. I believe it is true that techmarines in training are the ones driving/piloting too (unless of course you are white scars/ravenwing etc).
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Hacksaw
Neophyte
Hacksaw

PostSubject: Re: SM battle companies   SM battle companies EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 7:00 pm

gotcha, thanks it's been nagging at me for a while now.
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Painting Shoulders   SM battle companies EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 11:07 pm

On this same note...Do any of you Space Mariners paint the shoulder piping in accordance with the company your force is? Just curious.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: SM battle companies   SM battle companies EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 9:04 am

I do all my knee pads and shoulder pads.

Dark Angels discern company by knee pad so this is where most of the work goes on.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: SM battle companies   SM battle companies EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 3:45 pm

Some Marine Chapters (most noticably the Ultramarines) paint the sholder piping different colors to show different companys, but as Matt said, not all do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SM battle companies   SM battle companies Empty

Back to top Go down

SM battle companies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer 40k :: 40k Fluff Discussion-
Jump to: