CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Infinity Challenge - 4/26

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Infinity Challenge - 4/26 Empty
PostSubject: Infinity Challenge - 4/26   Infinity Challenge - 4/26 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 10:26 am

This is being held at ACME games on 4/26. Noon to 7pm. It is a challenge - NOT A TOURNAMENT.

We call it a challenge b/c we are all a bunch of Noobs learning to play. More detail below. You can get a demo or play with a 250 pt premade list (I'll have 3 of these available). So come out and watch, learn and/or play.

http://forums.ttgamers.com/forums/yaf_postsm2868_Infinity-Challenge--4262008--ACME-Cinci-OH.aspx#2868
Back to top Go down
Gotrex
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Challenge - 4/26   Infinity Challenge - 4/26 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 11:32 am

Sad I wish I could come I am scheduled to be out of Town. Swimming Smile
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Challenge - 4/26   Infinity Challenge - 4/26 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 6:05 pm

Sweet. The best part of this challenge is the lower tension than what tournements can generate.

What kind of turnout is expected for this John M?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Challenge - 4/26   Infinity Challenge - 4/26 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 7:00 pm

Angry Bob wrote:
Sweet. The best part of this challenge is the lower tension than what tournements can generate.

What kind of turnout is expected for this John M?
under 10.
Back to top Go down
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Challenge - 4/26   Infinity Challenge - 4/26 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 10:31 pm

I am the "Brian" Mr. T is Talking about!

Anyway, If we get more than Ten people that want to play, we can make more room. I have enough Pan-O to run two armies as well, as long as people don't fight over my TAG cyclops

I'm also going to be up at ACME this saturday for a while if people wanted to try a smaller game out...just send me an email and let me know! My Yu-Jing is currently on "order" and I will not have it by then, but we can play some hot Pan-O on Pan-O Suspect

Anyway, we might have some stuff to give away as well. Why? Because Table Top Gamers and ACME Games roXXors Exclamation

Brian
Back to top Go down
http://www.aowcinci.com
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Challenge - 4/26   Infinity Challenge - 4/26 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 10:43 pm

Quote :
Because Table Top Gamers and ACME Games roXXors

you indy gamers are all so proud Smile
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Challenge - 4/26   Infinity Challenge - 4/26 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 12:45 pm

EDIT:

Bought just enough to try it out. By holding back on some of the "wants" it worked out pretty good. Not as well done as by Rob who stands to get away for almost 1/3 of what I'm stuck spending. Curse you Rob!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Challenge - 4/26   Infinity Challenge - 4/26 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 4:22 am

cool. Can't wait to see you there.
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Challenge - 4/26   Infinity Challenge - 4/26 EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 11:36 pm

Had a good time. Many thanks to John M and TTG Brian for their endevors.

Was a little nervous getting there just before noon and being the only mini's gamer there. So it was a great releif to have the others showed up.

It was very interesting running into a number of guys from the old WoHoG and Cincinnati Scifi days.

Last edited by Angry Bob on Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Challenge - 4/26   Infinity Challenge - 4/26 EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 3:52 am

Thanks to

Bob, Rob, George, Jereme (Dayton), Bryan, and Danny to make it out for play.

I was able to give Danny a Demo at 150 pts who promptly used some good tactics to take about 1/3 of my figures.

Thanks to Bob for a my first game against some Nomads. He broke out the TAG and Remotes (HMG total reaction) to my dismay.

I also thank him for letting me cheat like a dog throughout the game with my smoke grenades.(although not intentionally). Embarassed

I guess I just have to take my Daturazi's afterall.

Danny was the recipient of a free starter box of choice since he took a demo. I believe Rob also got a free blister of choice.

I guess it's not all bad dealing w/ us independent gamers. cheers
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Challenge - 4/26   Infinity Challenge - 4/26 EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 3:37 pm

Quote :
I guess it's not all bad dealing w/ us independent gamers.

You people do like those give-aways to keep people on your side Wink

Glad to hear it went well!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Challenge - 4/26   Infinity Challenge - 4/26 EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 4:41 pm

Matt wrote:
Quote :
I guess it's not all bad dealing w/ us independent gamers.

You people do like those give-aways to keep people on your side Wink

Glad to hear it went well!

You people....sheesh. You'd think we had six heads and used a 1 sided die.

If the manufacturers want us to give away their product who are we to say no.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Challenge - 4/26   Infinity Challenge - 4/26 EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 8:53 pm

Haha, yeah... it's all in jest.
Back to top Go down
Gotrex
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Challenge - 4/26   Infinity Challenge - 4/26 EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 9:32 pm

I would also like to add that it was very helpful to see the game played not just read the rules. I have a much better picture of the game and it mechanics. Which I like a lot. I also enjoyed looking at the different paint styles and then seeing a game played with MASSIVE amounts of terrain. Thanks John for organizing it. I know it can be a lot of work.

I also know now which figs I am missing.
Back to top Go down
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Challenge - 4/26   Infinity Challenge - 4/26 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 9:05 am

jgemrich wrote:
Thanks to

Bob, Rob, George, Jereme (Dayton), Bryan, and Danny to make it out for play.

affraid It's Brian! (or Kain)

Anyway, it was awesome getting schooled so hard by Ninjas with Sniper Rifles...still not been able to get a game to last past turn two!

Anyway, it was great playing with more advanced rolls, like Hackers and TAGs and ninjas that just randomly kill fools! cat

Thanks to everyone for coming out, and I hope the dice TTG gave away rolls you well (too bad Infinity uses d20s...cannot really customize them)
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Challenge - 4/26   Infinity Challenge - 4/26 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 6:20 pm

kainthedragoonx wrote:

affraid It's Brian! (or Kain)
Bada-boom bada-bing! Okay Kain is way cooler than TTG Brian. Going that way.
kainthedragoonx wrote:
Anyway, it was great playing with more advanced rolls, like Hackers and TAGs and ninjas that just randomly kill fools! cat
Didn't get to do any Hacking 8-(

Need to start using missiles or something and push my foes to fight Hacker-amono-hacker.
Back to top Go down
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Challenge - 4/26   Infinity Challenge - 4/26 EmptyFri May 02, 2008 9:09 am

ok...I need the three people that got stuff at this little event to PM me. I was on my way into the office and the sheet with what people wanted got wet and smeared...so I cannot read it.

Either PM me or email me (kainthedragoonx [at] gmail [dot] com) or hit me on MSN (using the email above), Yahoo (Kainthedragoonx), or AIM (kainthedragoonx)

I need to know your real name and what you want.

Sorry guys!

pale
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Challenge - 4/26   Infinity Challenge - 4/26 Empty

Back to top Go down

Infinity Challenge - 4/26
Page 1 of 1