CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Witch Hunter Army Blog

Go down 
+7
Bojesphob
Cherry Darling
Marc
JTPitt
wolfman
Matt
Wolfgirl23
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wolfgirl23
Neophyte
Wolfgirl23

Witch Hunter Army Blog Empty
PostSubject: Witch Hunter Army Blog   Witch Hunter Army Blog EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 10:56 pm

Wahoo, I am totally psyched about my Witch Hunters. I used army builder and with what I have in route to me, purchase from Marc (thanks a million!!) and a near future purchase of a preacher and some arco flagelants I should have a 926 point army Razz bounce YAY!!!!
I can't wait to paint them and learn to use my Witch Hunters against Makari's Orcs and JTPitt's Tau
Laughing
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Army Blog   Witch Hunter Army Blog EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 11:09 pm

Nice!

Good luck, your gonna need it... especially against those orks Wink
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
wolfman
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Army Blog   Witch Hunter Army Blog EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 11:28 pm

Congrats,
Yet another female to rub all our faces in defeat.....Good times Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wolfhunters_den
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Army Blog   Witch Hunter Army Blog EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 11:52 am

Thanks Matt I see how I stack up now.
Back to top Go down
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Army Blog   Witch Hunter Army Blog EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 11:52 am

Congrats By the way Noakei23
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Army Blog   Witch Hunter Army Blog EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 12:05 pm

Quote :
purchase from Marc (thanks a million!!)

No problem.. just remember to post pics after you strip.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
Wolfgirl23
Neophyte
Wolfgirl23

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Army Blog   Witch Hunter Army Blog EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 12:26 pm

Marc wrote:
Quote :

I didn't think this was that kind of forum! lol I actually stripped 3 last night and it turned out well. Makari had said that it won't be ready but the paint came right off. Only 2 of the bases broke when I was taking the Sisters off of them.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgirl23
Neophyte
Wolfgirl23

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Army Blog   Witch Hunter Army Blog EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 10:04 pm

sweet! They are all stripped and all but 3 are primed. Just for Marc, Cherry Darling is going to post the pictures of the sisters stripped.
Back to top Go down
Cherry Darling
Forum Matriarch
Cherry Darling

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Army Blog   Witch Hunter Army Blog EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 10:14 pm

by noakei23
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Army Blog   Witch Hunter Army Blog EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 10:26 pm

Well done!

Simple Greene and a toothbrush?
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Army Blog   Witch Hunter Army Blog EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 10:29 pm

Wow! Good job, noakei23! They almost look brand new! Most of the stripped minis I've seen still had paint in the crevices!
Back to top Go down
Wolfgirl23
Neophyte
Wolfgirl23

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Army Blog   Witch Hunter Army Blog EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 10:42 pm

Nope, not Simple Green. We couldn't find any at the store so we used pine sol, the one that doesn't smell like pine. And yes, just that and a toothbrush. I'm so proud of them. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Army Blog   Witch Hunter Army Blog EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 11:02 pm

I use pine sol too. Works better imo!
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Wolfgirl23
Neophyte
Wolfgirl23

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Army Blog   Witch Hunter Army Blog EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 11:23 pm

Yeah, after about an hour of them sitting in the pine sol the paint came off pretty easily. It was just the creases that were a pain. I let the rest sit all night, anxiously waited all day. When I came home it was extremely easy to get the paint off of them and the creases. I think I stripped 13 and a few back packs in less than an hour.
Back to top Go down
Scav
Initiate
Initiate
Scav

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Army Blog   Witch Hunter Army Blog EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 8:21 am

Marc wrote:
Quote :

hahaha you got me here.. i was taken way off guard for a second!

but seriously they look really good.. hopefully they will be finished by the time i come back down in the fall!
Back to top Go down
Wolfgirl23
Neophyte
Wolfgirl23

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Army Blog   Witch Hunter Army Blog EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 9:58 am

After all the wait time I have started painting my sisters. I started on one last night around 10pm, I couldn't wait any longer. lol She is not finished but in my opinion, and Makari's for a first time painter she looks pretty darn good! I will post a pic to get other opinions later this afternoon. I had that stupid thing called work that I had to go to today. Ya know, work is really getting in the way of me painting!
Back to top Go down
Cherry Darling
Forum Matriarch
Cherry Darling

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Army Blog   Witch Hunter Army Blog EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 9:06 pm

by noakei23
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Back to top Go down
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Army Blog   Witch Hunter Army Blog EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 11:28 pm

Wow that does look really nice. Only thing is with pics you might want to move that down to the wip painting and conversion section. But really does look great good job now come paint my tau....lol
Back to top Go down
Wolfgirl23
Neophyte
Wolfgirl23

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Army Blog   Witch Hunter Army Blog EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 8:24 am

Yeah yeah.... I have already talked to Matt he is going to take care of that for me. He's awesome like that.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Army Blog   Witch Hunter Army Blog EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 8:34 am

Ok, now, I'm not ripping what you've done, it's a VERY good start, just want to give a few pointers....

1) When it comes to Bleached Bone, and is that codex gray on the gun?, if you water it down (it kind of looks like you did, but not 100% sure), make sure you put a couple of layers on it so that it makes a consistent layer of paint. Actually, there is a little of that in the red as well. Just make sure though that you do water it down some, as if you just use another layer of 100% paint, it will start to muddy details after a while.

2) Consider inking. Inking helps to hide flaws and to bring out details that just painting doesn't. Except for something like SM armor where there is a lot of flat smooth spaces, I typically ink all of my minis to some degree (then add highlighting to it after that). Now, the flesh tones and the bleached bone, I usually use a brown ink (Magic Ink from Warstore), but you can use either chestnut ink or flesh wash from GW if that's more your style. The hair, I would use a watered down black ink to bring out the strands.

Like I said, though, it's a very good first attempt! Hopefully I'm not coming across as being critical, definitely not my goal, just trying to pass on some ideas that I use that might help you out! Keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
Wolfgirl23
Neophyte
Wolfgirl23

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Army Blog   Witch Hunter Army Blog EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 8:49 am

bojesphob1 wrote:
Hopefully I'm not coming across as being critical, definitely not my goal, just trying to pass on some ideas that I use that might help you out! Keep up the good work!

Thank you!!! Nope not too critical, I appreciate the critiques. I am still learning and any advice anyone has will be very helpful.
Back to top Go down
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Army Blog   Witch Hunter Army Blog EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 10:02 am

Those were all very helpful tips, and I am sure any one will agree that it wasn't harsh at all. Especially if anyone has met you they know that aint true.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Army Blog   Witch Hunter Army Blog EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 10:49 am

Thank, JT, just making sure since I haven't met her in person yet (maybe I have, but I can't remember at the moment...)! I always am afraid I come across wrong when I write in a forum (I've had people lambaste me before when I wasn't sure they followed my meaning very well), so I just try to make sure that I have a disclaimer Smile
Back to top Go down
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Army Blog   Witch Hunter Army Blog EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 12:41 pm

It makes perfect sense I would do that If I really cared enough.....but alas I dont lol.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgirl23
Neophyte
Wolfgirl23

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Army Blog   Witch Hunter Army Blog EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 12:46 pm

bojesphob1 wrote:
just making sure since I haven't met her in person yet (maybe I have, but I can't remember at the moment...)!

If you were at the tournament I was at the registration table. If you weren't then nope we haven't met. Smile I am really easy going and very hard to offend. You could have told me that my paint job sucked and I should just pay jgemrich to do it and I would not have taken offense. Surprised) My motto is, everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

Last edited by noakei23 on Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Army Blog   Witch Hunter Army Blog Empty

Back to top Go down

Witch Hunter Army Blog
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Painting, Conversions and Tutorials :: WIP Miniature Painting and Conversions-
Jump to: