CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Witch Hunter Army Blog

Go down 
+7
Bojesphob
Cherry Darling
Marc
JTPitt
wolfman
Matt
Wolfgirl23
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

Witch Hunter Army Blog - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Army Blog   Witch Hunter Army Blog - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 12:58 pm

You suck pay jg to paint it for ya!lol!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Cherry Darling
Forum Matriarch
Cherry Darling

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Army Blog   Witch Hunter Army Blog - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 1:14 pm

you only suck cause you wouldn't paint with me last night tongue
Back to top Go down
Wolfgirl23
Neophyte
Wolfgirl23

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Army Blog   Witch Hunter Army Blog - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 1:18 pm

Cherry Darling wrote:
you only suck cause you wouldn't paint with me last night tongue

I was not in the "creative" mindset last night. The only mindset i was in was SLEEP! pirat
Back to top Go down
Wolfgirl23
Neophyte
Wolfgirl23

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Army Blog   Witch Hunter Army Blog - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 1:19 pm

makari wrote:

well then, I will let my warhammer "master" know.. he he
Back to top Go down
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Army Blog   Witch Hunter Army Blog - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 1:29 pm

YOU SUCK MAKARI!!!!!! LOL and you are calling him the Master I THINK not. Though he is very damn good.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Army Blog   Witch Hunter Army Blog - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 2:44 pm

Quote :
Though he is very damn good.

He plays Horde Orks...

...nuff said Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Army Blog   Witch Hunter Army Blog - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 2:59 pm

makari wrote:

Easy...I gotta enough to do. Although maybe I'll trade painting for babysitting time.

Regards,

These look far better then when I started painting. Good start/color scheme and great look on the faces.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgirl23
Neophyte
Wolfgirl23

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Army Blog   Witch Hunter Army Blog - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 3:09 pm

jgemrich wrote:

Although maybe I'll trade painting for babysitting time.

I am great with kids.... Smile he he
Back to top Go down
Wolfgirl23
Neophyte
Wolfgirl23

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Army Blog   Witch Hunter Army Blog - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 3:10 pm

jgemrich wrote:

These look far better then when I started painting. Good start/color scheme and great look on the faces.

You're making me blush, thanks for the great comment. I know I still have a lot of work to go though.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Army Blog   Witch Hunter Army Blog - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 3:29 pm

Yeah the face is actually really good for a newbie.

I am terrible at eyes, I avoid them most of the time to be honest. They are ALWAYS the very very last thing done on a model of mine (bar protective coating)
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Army Blog   Witch Hunter Army Blog - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 3:38 pm

ok well there goes me planning on getting back to painting my 40k stuff, I think Ill just stick with fantasy. Great paint jobs
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Army Blog   Witch Hunter Army Blog - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 4:06 pm

yeah, I guess I did meet you at the tourney Smile I had the Ultramar themed Imperial Guard (yellow and blue). And my buddy Jeremy was the one that helped with the terrain...

I'm like you, Matt, the eyes on mine suck... probably cause I can't keep my hands still enough to be able to keep them neat. So, like with my Inquisitor Lord I'm working on, I don't have the eye fully painted, just a white dot...
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Army Blog   Witch Hunter Army Blog - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 4:14 pm

Quote :
I'm like you, Matt, the eyes on mine suck

I just don't paint mine, i leave it to the shading... luckily most marines have a big enough brow for me to get away with it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Army Blog   Witch Hunter Army Blog - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 4:32 pm

I like to do eyes and face first. It brings the fig to life for me. Never easy though.
Back to top Go down
Cherry Darling
Forum Matriarch
Cherry Darling

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Army Blog   Witch Hunter Army Blog - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 4:43 pm

personally I like to do eyes somewhere in the middle, helps if I happen to jump and hit something in the midst of dotting or what not, plus to me the eyes have to be done to help give character/personality
Back to top Go down
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Army Blog   Witch Hunter Army Blog - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 5:06 pm

If you are having problems with shaky hands like I do, hold near the bristles, and with the other hold the model firm while using the model to brace the hand with the brush in it. I find that really helps me to keep from shaking. Thats the only way I get straight lines. You have to do the eyes and the head with lots of character you just cant let it go. Without them the model won't tell you how to paint.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Army Blog   Witch Hunter Army Blog - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 5:10 pm

I'm just too critical of my work on eyes. Plus it is very frustrating to re work my skin if i slip up even slightly.

Doing it somewhere in the middle will probably help this alot.
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Army Blog   Witch Hunter Army Blog - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 5:33 pm

Ive gotten used to going back ot fixing it due to messing up parts of the paint when I work on the little details, but thanks JT Ill have to try your trick my hand tends to shake when Im trying not to mess up
Back to top Go down
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Army Blog   Witch Hunter Army Blog - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 5:48 pm

Yea its been a life saver. I seriously cant keep my hand from shaking when Im trying to detail and thats the only way. It also helps you hit your mark.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Army Blog   Witch Hunter Army Blog - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 5:25 am

One of the things that will happen if you paint more often is the shakes start to diminish. You get better muscle control and memory. Also, you may not realize it but loosen you grip on the brush. Sometimes the shakes occur b/c you are squeezing the life out of the thing (nervous/frustrated) about the procedure you are doing.
Back to top Go down
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Army Blog   Witch Hunter Army Blog - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 7:15 am

I would agree, except I learned that really early about not gripping the brush. Its more of a nervous shake, where I know I am getting in close so I watch how tight I hold the brush so it flows easily.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgirl23
Neophyte
Wolfgirl23

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Army Blog   Witch Hunter Army Blog - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 1:05 am

Okay, here are 2 that I think are done... half asleep it looks done. That could change in the morning. lol Yes I am aware that one is missing a back pack.

close wide shot

back shot

over head shot
Back to top Go down
altahara
Sergeant
Sergeant
altahara

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Army Blog   Witch Hunter Army Blog - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 8:00 am

ok... hate that youre that good that fast *reminisces about hawk turquoise space marines..*
hehe

they are great looking figs..

i would say add something to the bolters and the grenade packs though.. to much silver kinda of takes away the greatness..

the faces...i still cant do faces myself.. though green hair has never been my style either lol
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Army Blog   Witch Hunter Army Blog - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 10:00 am

Along altahara's thought about the grenades: My method is to base them in black, then drybrush a light coat of boltgun metal over them so that it's mostly black but with metal quasi-coating it. It will give it a worn, painted metal look. Not everybody does this, but I do my boltguns the same way.

But, good next step Smile I love the blood on the chainsword!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter Army Blog   Witch Hunter Army Blog - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Witch Hunter Army Blog
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2