CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!!

Go down 
+3
Marc
Makari
CJ
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
CJ
Captain
Captain

Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!!   Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!! EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 12:35 am

OK....after reading up on the WK....I increased their units....and dumped the second set of WD....LMK what you guys think...I want input!!

2250 Pts - Wood Elves Roster - REvised2250WE

Spellweaver (1#, 325 Pts)
1 Spellweaver @ 325 Pts
General; Level 4 Upgrade; Hand Weapon; Longbow
1 Calaingor's Stave @ [25] Pts
1 A Blight of Terrors @ [50] Pts
1 1. Tree Singing @ [0] Pts
1 2. Fury of the Forest @ [0] Pts
1 3. The Hidden Path @ [0] Pts
1 4. The Twilight Host @ [0] Pts
1 5. Ariel's Blessing @ [0] Pts
1 6. The Call of the Hunt @ [0] Pts

Spellsinger (1#, 175 Pts)
1 Spellsinger @ 175 Pts
Level 2 Upgrade; Hand Weapon; Longbow
1 Divination Orb @ [25] Pts
1 A Muster of Malevolents @ [25] Pts

Noble (1#, 132 Pts)
1 Wood Elf Noble (Battle Standard Bearer) @ 132 Pts
Hand Weapon; Light Armour; Battle Standard Bearer
1 Biting Blade @ [10] Pts
1 Hail of Doom Arrow @ [30] Pts

Dryads (10#, 120 Pts)x2
10 Dryads @ 120 Pts
Causes Fear; Skirmishers

Glade Guard (10#, 126 Pts)x3
10 Glade Guard @ 126 Pts
Musician Mus; Hand Weapon; Longbow

Wild Riders (5#, 148 Pts)x3
5 Wild Riders of Kurnous @ 148 Pts
Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Spear; Light Armour; Fast Cavalry; Magic Resistance (1)
5 Elven Steed @ [0] Pts

Wardancers (8#, 151 Pts)
8 Wardancers @ 151 Pts
Musician Mus; Immune to Psychology; Magic Resistance (1); Skirmishers

Waywatchers (5#, 120 Pts)
5 Waywatchers @ 120 Pts
Hand Weapon; Extra Hand Weapon; Longbow; Scouts; Skirmishers

Treeman (1#, 285 Pts)
1 Treeman @ 285 Pts
Causes Terror; Flammable; Large Target; Scaly Skin; Stubborn

Total Roster Cost: 2250
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!!   Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!! EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 6:07 am

ok, your units are too small.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!!   Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!! EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 10:12 am

You went ahead and designed a list based on GW packaging?

makari wrote:

Which ones?

We're not dealing with ranked infantry here..
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!!   Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!! EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 10:17 am

WHA?? Hey, it's going to get play tested.......I still have a decent amount of War dancers....and I have enough units to keep you guys so screwed up and confused on terrain it's not even funny.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!!   Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!! EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 11:19 am

I just prefer redundant choices so the double Wardancers over the triple Wild Riders is a personal thang. They perform the same roles so your good.

As you play try to coordinate your deployments. You are a bit random in 40k and the deployment phase in Fantasy is ten times as more crucial. Your medium cavalry is fast but you'll leave your Dryads behind before you know it.

I can see it now..

Player1: OK CJ, thats my setup and you won 1st turn since I prayed.

CJ: Excellent, mwahaha... ... ... ...DAMN! Why did I put those there?

Player1: Well, you were on your cell while deploying.

CJ: Oh well, Wood Elves suck anyway. I'm playing Ogres.
Back to top Go down
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

PostSubject: Re: Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!!   Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!! EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 12:05 pm

OMG thats so friggin hilarious
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!!   Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!! EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 12:17 pm

Marc wrote:
You went ahead and designed a list based on GW packaging?

makari wrote:

Which ones?

We're not dealing with ranked infantry here..

The units just seem too small to withstand say a fanatic or 3... I haven't played woodelves for years.... so I don't remember what they can do and what not just seems like a puny force for that amount.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!!   Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!! EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 12:25 pm

Looks like I'm buying Ogers too.....LOL
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!!   Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!! EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 12:26 pm

Quote :
I can see it now..

Player1: OK CJ, thats my setup and you won 1st turn since I prayed.

CJ: Excellent, mwahaha... ... ... ...DAMN! Why did I put those there?

Player1: Well, you were on your cell while deploying.

CJ: Oh well, Wood Elves suck anyway. I'm playing Ogres.

yup, you about hit the nail on the head there.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!!   Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!! EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 12:58 pm

OH AND FYI......I turn my cell off now in the middle of games....I have gotten alot better about that...
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!!   Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!! EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 1:12 pm

As you should, it's extremely annoying for me as your opponent for a few reasons. First I'm not getting a good game out of you, and secondly it's just very rude.

... that being said, we are all victim to it every now and then.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!!   Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!! EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 1:32 pm

It's called married life Matt......remember I married a psycho.....she has gotten alot better now....

No wondeer your brutaly rape me on the game board....your taking your aggravations out on me.......
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!!   Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!! EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 2:10 pm

nope... you just make looooooootttss of mistakes.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!!   Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!! EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 3:11 pm

damn it....I tried...
Back to top Go down
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!!   Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!! EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 3:25 am

I would consider dropping the Spellweaver and adding a highborn so you can add a unit of Eternal guard as core. Perhaps drop the wild riders and a unit of Glade guard to get a good unit of 20 to round out your army list. I am also a strong believer in dispel scrolls, but that is a personal preference.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!!   Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!! EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 9:14 am

Crobar wrote:
I would consider dropping the Spellweaver and adding a highborn so you can add a unit of Eternal guard as core. Perhaps drop the wild riders and a unit of Glade guard to get a good unit of 20 to round out your army list. I am also a strong believer in dispel scrolls, but that is a personal preference.

Spellweaver is my powerhouse......your kidding me....I do have a noble up there if you missed him.

As for the Glade Gaurd......they suck. I'm not really impressed with them. Dispell Scrolls are ok. I just chose a better selection of magical items for the points I had. And having 5 dispell dice in my pool, who really needs it?
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!!   Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!! EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 10:17 am

Quote :
As for the Glade Gaurd......they suck.
..and off we go Rolling Eyes

Quote :
And having 5 dispell dice in my pool, who really needs it?
Like I mentioned earlier. I'll leave your mages to you since there are so many directions to go. That said, 5DD are not enough at the 2250 mark normally but many of your units have MR1 to boot. I can see it either way.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!!   Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!! EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 11:49 am

Marc wrote:
Quote :
As for the Glade Gaurd......they suck.
..and off we go Rolling Eyes

Sarcasim Marc.....Sarcasim.....I like the 3 units of 10....If I do anything I'll make them 15

Quote :
And having 5 dispell dice in my pool, who really needs it?
Like I mentioned earlier. I'll leave your mages to you since there are so many directions to go. That said, 5DD are not enough at the 2250 mark normally but many of your units have MR1 to boot. I can see it either way.

What would you suggest?? Thus the referance of wanting to know. I'm new to Fantasy, your opinion matters...

All of your opinions matter. But I want to be competetive and only have about 4 months to get up to speed on things.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!!   Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!! EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 12:21 pm

Leave your GG as units of 10 for tactical purposes.

As far as WE characters it is up to you. I'd go one L4 and a BSB and buy up a 2nd Treeman. Probably not too fun for the rest of us though.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!!   Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!! EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 2:23 pm

I was thinking about that.....that would get me more Tree singing Spells.......oooh. Naughty!!
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!!   Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!! EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 3:10 pm

Well, most armies can work a build to be "naughty" and I would class the twin trees as such. Might be well to stay clear.
Back to top Go down
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!!   Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!! EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 4:34 pm

Some people classify "twin treemen" as a sign that they should not play against you. I disagree, but it's a standard tell that "Hey, I am a dick!"

Frankly, Treemen suck. 300 point targets. Too many people can and do get fire weapons/stuff. You take 600 points of Treemen and I laugh because my 600 points bought 3 or 4 more units (depending on the list) and my level one mage takes lore of fire and you lose.

Treeman = scare your opponent, and then become targets.

I do not run Treemen in my lists at all. I got much better stuff to use, like the killing blow archers, or another unit or four of glade riders, or war dancers, or hawks, or another character, or a dragon, anything. Treemen are too much poo for what I want to do with Woodies.

Edit: One last thing. NEVER take a Treeman character to a tourney. Skullcrusher = dead treeman ancient. Waste!

Last edited by kainthedragoonx on Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Another Idea!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.aowcinci.com
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!!   Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!! EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 5:32 am

I have been playing WE for a long time and always bring a treeman, have never brought a spellweaver and win more than I lose with them, but each to their own. At a tourney, if you bring an army to fight WE, then you will probably not be very competative against some of the other armies. The idea is to be well rounded so you can take on any comers and have a reasonable chance to win. Bring Skullcrusher up against a treeman ancient designed well and you will lose more times than not. I know about the killing blows on 5, but unless he has a special rule, it doesn't work against large targets. I don't own the codex so I can't say for sure.
I almost always bring dispel scrolls, so if you can get a fireball off on my treeman before I get into close combat, once again, I have made a mistake. By turn 2, he should be engaged or hiding in some trees where he can't be targeted. There will always be at least 1 forest on the board if the WE player knows what they are doing, it is a WE special rule.
Just like everything else in Warhammer, it all comes down to personal preference. My way of running WE has been successful, but it isn't the only way. Get some games in, try different things till you find what works best for your play style. There is no wrong way to play an army as long as the list is legal. All that matters is that you enjoy the experience. In contrast to my WE's, my Ogres lose more than they win, but I play them anyway because the fluff is great and it is a nice change of pace from my other armies. Not as much strategy with Ogres, close as fast as you can and crack some skulls Smile.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!!   Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!! EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 9:22 am

Crobar wrote:
Bring Skullcrusher up against a treeman ancient designed well and you will lose more times than not. I know about the killing blows on 5, but unless he has a special rule, it doesn't work against large targets. I don't own the codex so I can't say for sure.

The killing blow effects any size model...

But you said it crobar its about having fun! And I don't know how a lot of people play around here for fantasy but I don't tweak my army vs. my opponent I play with what I got with premade lists... So that would hurt my gobbos ish...

Can't wait to play ya CJ!
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!!   Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!! EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 12:15 pm

I'm geeked guys...and Crobar...I did make some switches and bought some scrolls. I figure a lvl 2 wiz is as good as a lvl 4 Wiz in this game especially for this army.

I'd like to hook up and play you. I know we got miscommunicated a few months back but we need to pencil it in. I'm free on weekends now which is nice.

Mak....bring them orks!!!!!!!!! I'll cut you down with a hail of arrows!!! LOL

Of course......unless I decide to run Oger Kingdom....LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!!   Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Wood Elf 2250 Final revision....remarks PLEASE!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer Fantasy :: Fantasy Army Lists and Tactics-
Jump to: