CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'ARD BOYZ Chaos list

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
HAND OF DUME
Initiate
Initiate

'ARD BOYZ Chaos list Empty
PostSubject: 'ARD BOYZ Chaos list   'ARD BOYZ Chaos list EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 3:24 pm

I've played once with this list against Eldar and lost. I left the back door open and lost my objective in the last turn by being tank shocked off it. But before, I was on fire with my lascannons. There were smoking wave serpents and fire prisms everywhere! But alas the mission was not kill points, but objectives. Anyway here it is:

HQ
prince- wings, slaanesh, wind of chaos 165 pts
prince- wings, khorne 140 pts

Elite
5 chosen- lascannon, 2 plasma guns, 2 meltas 175 pts
5 chosen- lascannon, 2 plasma guns, 2 meltas 175 pts
5 chosen- melta, 3 power weapons, icon khorne, champion w/ power weapon, rhino 240 pts

Troops
14 plague marines- plasma gun, melta, champion w/power weapon 377 pts
10 choas marines- plasma gun, lascannon, champion w/ power weapon
215 pts
10 chaos marines- plasma gun, lascannon, champion w/power weapon
215 pts
8 berzerkers- 2 plasma pistols, champion w/power weapon &plasma pistol,
rhino 283 pts

Heavy
3 oblits 225 pts
vindicator 125 pts
predator- lascannons around 165 pts

total: 2500 pts
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: 'ARD BOYZ Chaos list   'ARD BOYZ Chaos list EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 3:44 pm

Looks pretty good, I think the pred could be dropped (you have plenty of those anyway between the chosen and the oblits.)

I'd drop him and throw in another vindi... would be a lot better to have that unit double up imo. Or perhaps add in another squads of oblits (2 i suppose.)

Why no lash on the prince? Trying to be friendly?

I feel that winds of chaos is a bit of a waste, anything you end up hitting is something you could handle in close combat anyway... and if its not then why is the prince getting so close to it? Much better to just take the lash i think. Plus its something that only gets used a few times before combat.

and it seems you are going the power weapon route because of the loss of the 1 attack, but i suggest still packing a few in.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
HAND OF DUME
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: 'ARD BOYZ Chaos list   'ARD BOYZ Chaos list EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 4:02 pm

Actually that was the first time I used the "wind" and it did fairly well. I hit 2 wave serpents with it in a turn. Immobilzed 1 and destroyed a bright lance on the other. Everyone seems to expect the lash anymore, especially when they see your prince is slaanesh. Try a surprise. The guy I played was using 3 prisms, 7 or 8 serpents with bright lances filled with either fire dragons or storm gardians with flamers, and 2 autarchs (+2 to reserve rolls). Kept everything in reserve and rolled 2+ in turn 2 reserves. Nice! The extra vindi is a good idea (2 pie plates!). Thanks. What are your using for the 'ard boyz, Dark Angels?
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: 'ARD BOYZ Chaos list   'ARD BOYZ Chaos list EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 4:12 pm

ok i willa dmit, its nice for hitting things like that. Strange that your opponent let you get that close to his grav vehicles though.

Unfortunately I will be driving back accross country when the hard boyz first event is being run... so ill be missing out this year. I would have been using my Dark Angels

Belial

3x5 termis one unit with an apoth

2 veni shooty dreads

2 LRC

two 6 man bike squads with attached attack bikes

sammy on bike

and that about covers it i believe, give or take a few points. Bikes scouting and dropping terminators was fun in ard boyz... completely wiped my first two oppoenents by turn 3 during the semis. Man those missions were crazy!

Missions certainly make this event hard to plan for, something you might want to keep in mind. Perhaps a rhino for one more of those troop units so you can get a unit somewhere if the mission calls for it. Probably not a big deal though.
Back to top Go down
Warmonger
Initiate
Initiate
Warmonger

PostSubject: Re: 'ARD BOYZ Chaos list   'ARD BOYZ Chaos list EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 4:34 pm

I played Kevin sunday against the same list as you did Dume and lost in the last turn by being tank shocked off the objective also (stupid eldar). Something to consider, it is going to be real hard to destroy all of those skimmers so I'm thinking about replacing one or more of my plasma guns in my troop choices with melta guns so I can at least do a death or glory and get a chance to stop him that way on the critical last turn, a powerfist might be better due to the power fields. He also made the comment of slaanesh with lash on one of my daemon princes. I don't normally use that combo just because so many people do but it would work well especially since 5th ed. is so objective based, you can just boot those troops off the objectives in the last turn.

Last edited by Warmonger on Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: 'ARD BOYZ Chaos list   'ARD BOYZ Chaos list EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 4:39 pm

Matt,

There has to be an 'Ard Boyz qualifier somewhere between california and here. You should figure out which one ends up being most convenient for Saturday later morning and really surprise some people in Topeka Kansas or whereever you happen to be.
Back to top Go down
HAND OF DUME
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: 'ARD BOYZ Chaos list   'ARD BOYZ Chaos list EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 6:57 pm

Yeah Matt, that's a good idea. There's got to be a way to find out every store holding one and then plot you course to coincide with that store. Then if you qualify, you should be home for the next round in October.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: 'ARD BOYZ Chaos list   'ARD BOYZ Chaos list EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 8:13 pm

Quote :
Matt,

There has to be an 'Ard Boyz qualifier somewhere between california and here. You should figure out which one ends up being most convenient for Saturday later morning and really surprise some people in Topeka Kansas or whereever you happen to be.

I thought about this, but since i am headed back with the dude i drove out with... i have to convince him to stop for an entire day for me to play 40k. With time already being tight between getting back/getting moved into my new apartment and so on it may just not be on the cards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'ARD BOYZ Chaos list   'ARD BOYZ Chaos list Empty

Back to top Go down

'ARD BOYZ Chaos list
Page 1 of 1