CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Imperial Fleet for Uncharted Seas

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

My Imperial Fleet for Uncharted Seas Empty
PostSubject: My Imperial Fleet for Uncharted Seas   My Imperial Fleet for Uncharted Seas EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 6:46 am

Yes, one of the masts is upside down on the cruisers (painted and assembled like that.... I didn't recognize It until I took the pics last week.)

My Imperial Fleet for Uncharted Seas 432613332_Esbce-O

My Imperial Fleet for Uncharted Seas 432613334_3LsAC-O

My Imperial Fleet for Uncharted Seas 432613341_YsfdL-O

My Imperial Fleet for Uncharted Seas 403323632_qipfX-O
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: My Imperial Fleet for Uncharted Seas   My Imperial Fleet for Uncharted Seas EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 8:07 am

Wow, those look nice John. Do you have any opponents for this game or are you just enjoying painting the ships?

-JM
Back to top Go down
Sigma Golem
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sigma Golem

PostSubject: Re: My Imperial Fleet for Uncharted Seas   My Imperial Fleet for Uncharted Seas EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 8:22 am

What scale are those ships? What size table is used for play? Will there ever be a battle of Troy type mission envolved with this game? Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Imperial Fleet for Uncharted Seas   My Imperial Fleet for Uncharted Seas EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 8:49 am

JMarv wrote:
Wow, those look nice John. Do you have any opponents for this game or are you just enjoying painting the ships?

-JM

I have a couple others locally that are playing. We actually had our first game a couple weeks ago. It is very easy to learn. Range and cannon locations determine a number of "action dice" per ship.

ie. Broadside, range 3 might give 8 Action dice. 4,5, and 6 hit. Sixes can reroll for additional hits.

You can ram other ships (some are built for this), you can have "boarding actions" where crews fight one another.

The coolest mechanic is moving. It is tough to get your ships in position. You have to consider wind (sailing into the wind is 1/2 speed) and consider the large turning radius of your ships.

The game breaks down like this.

Initiative roll
Activate a squad - Movement, Shooting, Boarding actions.
Opponent Activates a squad.

Next Turn.

With this are cards that you can play at the beggining of the turn, during an action, as a reaction, or a "spell". Each Faction has its own deck of cards. 1/2 are generic and 1/2 are faction specific.

You can have as many cards as you have squadrons.

Examples of Turn cards are - Shift wind direction.
Examples of Action cards - double effectiveness of bow cannons
Examples of Reaction cards - put out fires on your deck
Examples of Spells - Roll 5 AD against an opponents ship of choice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Imperial Fleet for Uncharted Seas   My Imperial Fleet for Uncharted Seas EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 8:50 am

Sigma Golem wrote:
What scale are those ships? What size table is used for play? Will there ever be a battle of Troy type mission envolved with this game? Cool

They are 1/600th scale. The battleship is 13cm long.

I guess you could do a "troy" mission but there are no mechanics for firing from land to ships at sea.

Also your Troy would need to include Orcs, Dwarves, Dragon Lords, and Humans of course.
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: My Imperial Fleet for Uncharted Seas   My Imperial Fleet for Uncharted Seas EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 9:54 am

13cm long, woah those are much bigger than I had thought. What size playing surface does it call for?

I could imagine that your full fleet plus another fleet could crowd up a 6x4 pretty easily.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Imperial Fleet for Uncharted Seas   My Imperial Fleet for Uncharted Seas EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 10:54 am

JMarv wrote:
13cm long, woah those are much bigger than I had thought. What size playing surface does it call for?

I could imagine that your full fleet plus another fleet could crowd up a 6x4 pretty easily.

We played on a 4x4 pretty easily. The moves are maxed at about 8 or 9 inches. Battleships much slower then that.

Ranges bands are in 8 inch increments maxing at 32. Guns are very ineffective at Range 4 for the most part. Frigates are limited to Range band 2 in almost all cases.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: My Imperial Fleet for Uncharted Seas   My Imperial Fleet for Uncharted Seas EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 11:35 am

Looking really good John, nicest Uncharted Seas fleet I have seen.

I watched this game being played a ton in California as it was quite popular at the store I played at. It looks like a ton of fun, and is pretty cheap/easy to get into.

It's on my list of "things to get to when I have money again"
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: My Imperial Fleet for Uncharted Seas   My Imperial Fleet for Uncharted Seas EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 12:21 pm

Matt wrote:
Looking really good John, nicest Uncharted Seas fleet I have seen.

I watched this game being played a ton in California as it was quite popular at the store I played at. It looks like a ton of fun, and is pretty cheap/easy to get into.

It's on my list of "things to get to when I have money again"

Yea.. for $45 for the starter. The only kick in the bag is $33 for the rules..which are a long way from being worth $33. About the size of a small codex. But for under $80 you can have a good time.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: My Imperial Fleet for Uncharted Seas   My Imperial Fleet for Uncharted Seas EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 7:39 pm

Yup, I think I'll be picking it up... a much easier game to persuade friends to play Wink
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Imperial Fleet for Uncharted Seas   My Imperial Fleet for Uncharted Seas Empty

Back to top Go down

My Imperial Fleet for Uncharted Seas
Page 1 of 1