CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I need help making a Dwarves army

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CaptainHonkey
Neophyte
CaptainHonkey

I need help making a Dwarves army Empty
PostSubject: I need help making a Dwarves army   I need help making a Dwarves army EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 11:33 pm

Ok i used to play Dwarves a few years back buck i had to sell them. And i've decided to start them again but i need some help deciding what units would do good in an army. I know im gonna be running a few squads of Thunderers, at least 1 cannon, and 1 or 2 squads of Warriors, but i need help choosing some other War Machines and some hard hitting units like Ironbreaker, Hammerers, Longbeards and that kind of stuff
Back to top Go down
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: I need help making a Dwarves army   I need help making a Dwarves army EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 8:01 am

Anvil of Doom, don't leave home without it.
Back to top Go down
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: I need help making a Dwarves army   I need help making a Dwarves army EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 8:44 am

You need a Master Engineer if you are pimping loads of War Machines.

One thing a lot of dwarf newbies miss is that they still need core units of warriors and what not to hold the line, even if you are planning on running a ranged heavy list. Don't forget at least three 20 man units of dwarves. They be awesome!

Crobar is pretty much right on about the Anvil. It's awesome, with a extra side of sauce! cheers santa
Back to top Go down
http://www.aowcinci.com
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: I need help making a Dwarves army   I need help making a Dwarves army EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 8:46 am

The only thing In the Dwarf army I fear when I play VC is that one rune that makes one of their guns strenght double whenever he fights a opponet of toughness 10 that hurts
Back to top Go down
CaptainHonkey
Neophyte
CaptainHonkey

PostSubject: Re: I need help making a Dwarves army   I need help making a Dwarves army EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 1:41 pm

I just got some Dwarves from one of my friends and so far i have 20 Warriors, 19 Longbeards, 30 Thunderers, 15 Miners, 1 Cannon, 1 Organ Gun, 1 Thane, and 1 Master Engineer
Back to top Go down
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: I need help making a Dwarves army   I need help making a Dwarves army EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 1:46 pm

nice, that is a ton of Thunderers. Three 10s is a good size. Obviously the Master Engineer will go with the O-Gun.

You have a good start. I'd probably get more warriors. two units of 20 total + the unit of Longbeards and Thane...that's a great center of a dwarf army.
Back to top Go down
CaptainHonkey
Neophyte
CaptainHonkey

PostSubject: Re: I need help making a Dwarves army   I need help making a Dwarves army EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 2:07 pm

Yeah i've been planning to get 1 more squad of Warriors and maybe equip them with great weapons, 2 Bolt Trowers cause they're only 45pts each and 2 only take up 1 special choice, and i cant decide if im gonna get Ironbreakers or Hammerers
Back to top Go down
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: I need help making a Dwarves army   I need help making a Dwarves army EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 8:26 am

I'm not sure why you would even think about taking hammerers over ironbreakers...
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: I need help making a Dwarves army   I need help making a Dwarves army EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 10:23 pm

Second on the Bolt Throwers. It may seem like a step backwards but no. Not only are they cheep as the Capt says but they do their job without the hilarity of miss-fires and eating up Engineers when you could have more Thanes or other CC Characters.
Back to top Go down
CaptainHonkey
Neophyte
CaptainHonkey

PostSubject: Re: I need help making a Dwarves army   I need help making a Dwarves army EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 4:11 pm

Thank you guys for helpin my buddy remake his Dwarves army, i didnt know much about them so i wasnt much help
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need help making a Dwarves army   I need help making a Dwarves army Empty

Back to top Go down

I need help making a Dwarves army
Page 1 of 1