CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Circle of Orboros minis (updated pics 3/22)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

Circle of Orboros minis (updated pics 3/22) Empty
PostSubject: Circle of Orboros minis (updated pics 3/22)   Circle of Orboros minis (updated pics 3/22) EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 9:23 am

I was hoping to get a little bit of input here, as I'm trying to decide if I want to use another layer of color to highlight the Gnarlhorn Satyr that I recently got for Hordes. I took two pics, one in lower light, one in higher. Should I go one more level of lighter brown for the skin on Mr. Satyr?

Circle of Orboros minis (updated pics 3/22) Circle

Circle of Orboros minis (updated pics 3/22) Circle2

Last edited by Bojesphob on Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
quickfuze
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Circle of Orboros minis (updated pics 3/22)   Circle of Orboros minis (updated pics 3/22) EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 10:26 am

Im kinda torn on the answer to this...I like the dark skin as a contrast to the much lighter armor. However I do think the skin could use one more layer of color to define the definition of the higher areas and the sub areas. I would say, yes use one more layer, but dont go too light. Just my opinion though. I would also consider what the rest of your army looks like, for example, in nature the older bigger animals tend to be darker...this is carried over into many of the tabletop mini guides on painting.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Circle of Orboros minis (updated pics 3/22)   Circle of Orboros minis (updated pics 3/22) EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 12:24 am

Nice dude!

I think the basing is going to be crucial on these guys too to give them that extra pop!

Love circle, my fave hordes army Wink Don't really get all the gloom and doom on their forums either. I think they are as mean as ever!
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Circle of Orboros minis (updated pics 3/22)   Circle of Orboros minis (updated pics 3/22) EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 10:14 am

Thanks, guys Smile I went ahead and did another layer on the brown, a mix of Calthoun brown (GW foundation brown) and Vermin Brown. Very subtle upgrade from what the pic shows.

Matt, the pictures don't show it very well, but I have the base done for the Kreugar. I used construction sand (I think it's used as a base for sidewalk tiles), which is really kind of cool because it has not only the granular stuff, but little pebbles that are a bit bigger than the sand, which made it look like there are stones where he's walking! Smile Then, I used some flock to make it looks like scraggly grass....

This pic doesn't do it justice, and it looks like the edge needs another coat of green....

Circle of Orboros minis (updated pics 3/22) Base

But, yeah, the Circle is definitely the most interesting army to me, as well Smile The Druid theme makes me think of the druids from England before the Romans invaded, which was probably their intent, and I find that era very intriguing.

I got my first game of Hordes in on Monday, and I really like the mechanics of it. I borrowed Keith's Trollbloods, and definitely was able to pick it up easier than 40k or WFB!
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Circle of Orboros minis (updated pics 3/22)   Circle of Orboros minis (updated pics 3/22) EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 12:54 pm

Ah ok nice, couldn't see that in the pic before (well rather i just missed it ha!)

Yeah super easy game to pick up... and if you like that era you should check out the Camulod Chronicles by Jack Whyte (think i spelled his last name correctly.) Deals more with the roman side of things, and it's all based on historic ideas... but it details the rise and fall of Arthur. Good stuff (if a bit smutty from time to time.)
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Circle of Orboros minis (updated pics 3/22)   Circle of Orboros minis (updated pics 3/22) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 10:08 am

Here is the Satyr with touchups and what not, and my newly completed (for the most part) Lord of the Feast!

Gnarlhorn Satyr:
Circle of Orboros minis (updated pics 3/22) Satyr1
Circle of Orboros minis (updated pics 3/22) Satyr2

This is the Satyr's base:
Circle of Orboros minis (updated pics 3/22) Satyr3

Lord of the Feast:
Circle of Orboros minis (updated pics 3/22) LotF2

and the Lord of the Feast's base:
Circle of Orboros minis (updated pics 3/22) LotF

For the bases, I'm thinking about adding a few tufts of higher grass to make it a little more dynamic... Not sure yet...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Circle of Orboros minis (updated pics 3/22)   Circle of Orboros minis (updated pics 3/22) Empty

Back to top Go down

Circle of Orboros minis (updated pics 3/22)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Painting, Conversions and Tutorials :: WIP Miniature Painting and Conversions-
Jump to: