CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge

Go down 
+11
jimmy jam
Edge
Warmonger
zap2828
wittdooley
BoomFex
FrostFirus
kainthedragoonx
altahara
HAND OF DUME
Mike Leon
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mike Leon
Forum Moderator
Mike Leon

Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge   Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 4:06 pm

Ill do a Necron challenge in a month or two. That's at your request john. I want to do something with assassins next. It could spark some creativity.
Back to top Go down
http://whowritesthisstuff.net/

PostSubject: Re: Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge   Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 4:30 pm

Mike Leon wrote:
Ill do a Necron challenge in a month or two. That's at your request john. I want to do something with assassins next. It could spark some creativity.

Perfect. I'll bring my A game and try and avoid phase out until round 4 vs. round 2.
Back to top Go down
Edge
Neophyte
Edge

PostSubject: Re: Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge   Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 4:34 pm

I have a Culexis and a few PBS's waiting for you...

I can bring them Saturday if want it...

I'll have 'Crons after the first of the year, doing those for Iron Builder at the Keep.

The 1000 pts of Space Wolves are table-top painted, not by me, and are ready for the challenge...
Back to top Go down
HAND OF DUME
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge   Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 6:49 pm

Why not accepting the challenge from Edge.... not that confident. Rolling Eyes It seems the challenge is only tailored to lower tier armies... those giving you a challenge seemed to get dismissed. C'mon dude anti up!
Back to top Go down
Mike Leon
Forum Moderator
Mike Leon

PostSubject: Re: Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge   Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 10:52 pm

That's correct. The whole point is to give people something impossible to do and see if they can find a clever way to pull it off.

If I just wanted to play standard games I would walk into Art of War on Monday night and see who wants to play (like I do).
Back to top Go down
Edge
Neophyte
Edge

PostSubject: Re: Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge   Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 10:25 am

I understand your position Mike, no worries.
You are asking for someone to step up with a peewee team and go against a major leaguer, it's cool.
As an alternate, you could play Tau against BA...lead by example.

My challenge is still on the table for you. I don't want it to take away from the experience tomorrow, so no pressure on you.
If I play you tomorrow and you want it to be your acceptance of the challenge, good luck.
If not, you can always step up afterwards.

I am not trying to piss you off Mike, just trying to voice my opinion over what I believe to be a lop-sided if not insulting challenge.

Good luck tomorrow, maybe we can talk over a beer.
Back to top Go down
Mike Leon
Forum Moderator
Mike Leon

PostSubject: Re: Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge   Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 1:28 pm

I can't play the Tau army because that's a lopsided and arguably fixed challenge. Anyone taking the challenge could essentially just throw the game in order to win any award I offer.

Strangely enough, that's actually what I tried the last time I did this. It didn't work very well.

Historically, ridiculous challenges are generally made just like mine. Check out the Amazing Randy's 1 Million Dollar Challenge for instance. Alex Trebek doesn't give the contestants all of the money at the beginning of the Jeopardy game and then try to win it back. That's not how these things work. It doesn't make sense.
Back to top Go down
jimmy jam
Neophyte
jimmy jam

PostSubject: Re: Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge   Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 3:12 pm

I don't get on the site much anymore since moving back to California, but have been following this thread recently. I've come to one conclusion: this Mike guy is a joke. He issues a challenge that he himself would not accept.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge   Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 3:19 pm

Seriously the challenge is all in good fun...
The Mike has put out challenges before. and Yes in the right hands I do believe the Tau can beat the BA. Mike will play anyone against any army any time, thats not the point.

I assume just as with pretty much any where someone made the comment "The BA are broken "X" army couldn't beat them" this time it is Tau that was mentioned. So The Mike has made the callenge that he can beat any Tau army and if you can here is a prize!

He isn't challenging anyone per se just the army. I think it would be fun and if I can get my hands on some tau I will try it.

And I definitely do not believe at any point the challenge was meant to be insulting. It is merely a case of he (Along with the majority of the world) don't think Tau can beat BA. Hey if James Madison can Beat Virginia TEch and Appalachian St. Beat Michigan then Tau should be able to beat The Mike Leons BA!!!

And again its all in fun!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Keith
Sergeant
Sergeant
Keith

PostSubject: Re: Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge   Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 4:19 pm

Ok, I usually just watch these threads unravel and laugh, but I've decided people are being ridiculous and border line assholish. Firstly, If you don't know Mike (and yes I do) lets not judge. If you know him and his personality, then you'd totally understand this challenge and even his premise behind it. Second, its meant in fun. and Third, the lack of fun things going on anywhere LGS wise (for the most part) makes this nothing more than entertaining. That being said, folks need to relax. If your panties are in that big of a bunch over what Mike wants to do in his free time then maybe you need to just pass on and not be concerned with it.. Have some fun people, its not like hes saying if I win you OWE me anything. Just a game with his prize up for grabs.. Deep breaths people....
Back to top Go down
Lord of Change
Neophyte
Lord of Change

PostSubject: Re: Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge   Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 4:45 pm

Mike, I would accept the challenge, but after the Planetstrike game Wednesday, I realize my Tau skillz are very rusty. I mean, c'mon, I forgot the crisis suit assault moves and to fire with the gun drones. Let me get some practice in and I'll get back to your challenge.

Just out of curiosity, how do you think you'd fare against 5 maxed units of kroot/hounds?
Back to top Go down
Mike Leon
Forum Moderator
Mike Leon

PostSubject: Re: Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge   Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 6:39 pm

No idea. No one ever uses kroot hounds. I don't even know what they do.

I figured Brian would be up to this challenge if anyone. I know of no better tau player.

Quote :
Third, the lack of fun things going on anywhere LGS wise (for the most part) makes this nothing more than entertaining.

Keith hit that nail on the head. The summer has been fairly slow with all the fantasy hubub.
Back to top Go down
Keith
Sergeant
Sergeant
Keith

PostSubject: Re: Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge   Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 9:05 pm

And theres the fact that your the worlds biggest meta gamer and you like to post impossible crap just to see if it can be pulled off. I know man. If I had Tau I'd fire it up. I have nothing to lose and can gain a free mini. I'll wait for the next Ork one like you did last time. All in good fun man and I appreciate folks like yourself and John G putting up your own cash as a prize for your challenges to keep our gaming community not totally craptastic in the summer months. I look forward to these and John's painting challenges throughout the summer.
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge   Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 9:29 pm

Hey TML. How about my lizardmen against your blood angels. Mwah ha ha.
Back to top Go down
jimmy jam
Neophyte
jimmy jam

PostSubject: Re: Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge   Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 9:38 pm

@ Keith

I would imagine that not everyone on this forum or other forums for that matter know each other personally, but it's how you portray yourself on such forums is how people form opinions about you. It seems only that Sandman wanted to issue the same challenge to Mike himself to show how absurd the original challenge was.

Calling someone assholish is actually showing how immature your nature is, they seem to try and keep these forums clean. One can debate or argue without the language.
Back to top Go down
Keith
Sergeant
Sergeant
Keith

PostSubject: Re: Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge   Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 10:06 pm

@ Jimmy Jam Thanks for being my mom. And yeah your right people dont' know everyone so maybe they should be a little less opinionated. And last at what point did I direct anything to you??? Thanks
Back to top Go down
Edge
Neophyte
Edge

PostSubject: Re: Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge   Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 10:14 pm

I understand Mike's intention behind the initial challenge.
I don't think Mike was being a braggart or cocky about his skills, just trying to freshen up his metagame.
I wasn't trying to be an ahole, just a little overzealous, as a fellow BA player, about what seemed like a ridiculous challenge for a BA player.
I don't think Mike is a joke and I don't know him yet, I will tomorrow...

My challenge is still on the table Mike:
1000-2500 pts FOC standard, random mission/deployment
My Blood Angels against your Blood Angels
Bounty of 1000 of Space Wolves table-top quality painted against your 1000 pts of ???

If you want a single game or best 2 out of 3, it doesn't matter, kinda like a 40k Match.

I can come down to whatever store you play at on a weekend, weekdays are tough for me.
I play at the Keep in Kettering. You are welcome to come up here.

No hard feelings if I came across wrong to you, see you tomorrow.

Edge
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge   Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 2:27 am

Here's the thing JimmyJam: Pretty much everyone with more than 13 posts here DOES know each other, and as such would know how to take tML's challenge. If you'd like to ignorantly troll with perfect anonymity, I'd suggest www.warseer.com. It's very popular there.

As for Sandman, er, Edge, or whatever: Yes, it's apparent that you must have a some huge stones the way you're swinging them here. We are impressed.

But you said it yourself. You don't know tML. Therefore, you have no idea of his intention behind the initial challenge. I counter-challenge your counter-challenge, and I'm throwing in 8 back issues of my wife's Rachel Ray Magazine and a fried baloney sandwich.

I just need to know if I need to adopt a WWE moniker if I ever come up to Dayton to play. If so, then I call Superfly Snooka, only because I know Gemrich would be really hurt if I took Junkyard Dawg.

Corner
Back to top Go down
Mike Leon
Forum Moderator
Mike Leon

PostSubject: Re: Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge   Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 3:47 am

Speaking of the WWE...

*Snort * "As you...Edge Tomlinson, travel to...DBCOOPERCON!!!!!!!...tear down the cockpit door...Edge Tomlinson...take the two pilots, who I've already made to sacrifice...Edge Tomlinson...ASSUME the CONTROLS!!!...Edge Tomlinson...SHOVE THAT CONTROL INTO A NOSEDIVE, Edge Tomlinson...and you will soon be close...to Parts...Unknown..." *hiiiiissssssssssssssss* *snort*

Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge - Page 2 TheUltimateWarrior1 Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge - Page 2 TheUltimateWarrior1 Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge - Page 2 TheUltimateWarrior1 Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge - Page 2 TheUltimateWarrior1
Back to top Go down
BoomFex
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge   Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 9:36 am

Could someone please ban Jimmy Jam. At least he is not in Cinci anymore.

Sandman, we're cool. If someone has the balls to post a challenge online then they better not shy away from the attention he receives from it. Dayton has some good players, I enjoy heading up there and winning their tournaments. Ask Kirby.

Mike, keep doin' your thing, although I think I could wipe you if I could put together the Tau force I wanted.

Everyone else, thank you for staying classy in the face of a troll. Lets just ignore anymore posts he manages to throw up here.
Back to top Go down
HAND OF DUME
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge   Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 8:43 am

BoomFex wrote:
Could someone please ban Jimmy Jam. At least he is not in Cinci anymore.
Everyone else, thank you for staying classy in the face of a troll. Lets just ignore anymore posts he manages to throw up here.

QFT

There's a point when things have gone too far.

Great job yesterday Mike, 2nd at DBCC.

Wayno is still reigning champ.
Back to top Go down
Affliction
Forum Moderator
Affliction

PostSubject: Re: Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge   Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 10:22 am

OK, I talked to another Admin about this last night, and we decided this thread is done.

Its just getting into personal blows against other community members, and that's not what we are about here.

I am not calling anyone out specifically. If you are off topic and directing post at another person other than TML "about his challenge", not his character or the intent of the challenge, you are at fault.

Witt is right. I would say about 80% of the people that regularly post here know each other one way or another, either friends or gaming acquaintance.

So here is the deal this thread is going to be locked. If TML wants to open another thread with the same challenge that is fine.

If he does keep it relevant, keep it non-personal. If it gets out of hand we will just start giving out bans to people that need it.

Thanks for playing.

The END Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://theblackparade2010.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge   Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mike Leon Issues Another Challenge
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer 40k :: 40k General Discussion-
Jump to: