CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I knew there were issues with Finecast...

Go down 
+2
Makari
Bojesphob
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

I knew there were issues with Finecast... Empty
PostSubject: I knew there were issues with Finecast...   I knew there were issues with Finecast... EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 9:46 am

But, I hadn't realized that GW was having this many issues!

From a site I've bought stuff from:

Quote :
It is with regret that in the next 10 days all presently outstanding purchases of Citadel Finecast items will be refunded. Unfortunately, a randomly sampled assessment has revealed what we feel to be an excessive level of actual and potential flaws that, if reflected across our entire stock of Finecast, could result in unacceptable inconvenience to our customers. We have reached this decision as soon as was practicably possible but extend our apologies to all customers who are affected. Although we will be returning our present stockholding to the manufacturer, please be assured that we remain committed to carrying the Finecast line and will be restocking in due course. Additional information is available from our website here

pictures of the fails are here: http://www.waylandgames.co.uk/games-workshop/finecast-resin-models/cat_955.html

Some of the items are just really nitpicky. I wouldn't mind having to fix some of them, but the jump pack chaplain with the totally deformed weapon, the grimnar with portions of the bolter and body missing, and especially the Orc warboss where the molds didn't line up are pretty severe. That's extremely surprising they basically cancelled all orders of Finecast for the time being and refunded money!
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: I knew there were issues with Finecast...   I knew there were issues with Finecast... EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 12:17 pm

Wow Shocked I still havent picked up fine cast yet but I am aiming to get the new cockatrice!
It will be interesting to see how it turns out.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
GreenJello
Neophyte
GreenJello

PostSubject: Re: I knew there were issues with Finecast...   I knew there were issues with Finecast... EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 4:05 pm

Bojesphob wrote:

Some of the items are just really nitpicky. I wouldn't mind having to fix some of them, but the jump pack chaplain with the totally deformed weapon, the grimnar with portions of the bolter and body missing, and especially the Orc warboss where the molds didn't line up are pretty severe. That's extremely surprising they basically cancelled all orders of Finecast for the time being and refunded money!

Well.... while you're correct that you can correct some of the issues, it's not just the quality, it's the price increase, and the superb quality of their previous metal versions of these minis. This is not your buddy from down the street who's got a couple of resin casts in the FLGS, this is a large multi-national company, which until recently had an outstanding reputation for models. So in this case that level of nitpicking seems to be warranted.
Back to top Go down
yrddraiggoch
Neophyte
yrddraiggoch

PostSubject: Re: I knew there were issues with Finecast...   I knew there were issues with Finecast... EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 8:27 pm

some of the defects also appear to be due to cheap and crappy packaging as well. I thought a few of defects appeared to be breakages due to being buckled or crushed.

Decent packaging wouldn't go amiss it seems
Back to top Go down
Wayno
Neophyte
Wayno

PostSubject: Re: I knew there were issues with Finecast...   I knew there were issues with Finecast... EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 3:20 am

Citadel Finecrap!!!!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: I knew there were issues with Finecast...   I knew there were issues with Finecast... EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 10:00 pm

I love my Cock...atrice that I got in fine cast. nice and light and easy too glue. I already dropped it down steps on accident and only a wing broke cleanly...

I will try more finecast but the price makes it difficult.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Warmonger
Initiate
Initiate
Warmonger

PostSubject: Re: I knew there were issues with Finecast...   I knew there were issues with Finecast... EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 9:09 am

your twisted affraid

I've been working on a finecast Haemonculus. It had 35 contact points, most were very thin and were removed fairly easily. The base need some extensive filing and trimming but nothing I haven't dealt with on metal models. It was missing the index finger on the gauntlet hand and the handle to the blade weapon snapped off when I was removing a flashing contact point (a very small one). It did glue up and fit together nicely. Over all I'm not really WoWed over Finecast. The detail seems the same, the model is less durable than metal, It does glue up better and is easier to clean up (but do not over estimate the tensil strength). The deciding factor is the price. Over the top in my book. It makes the models an "only if I have to" kind of thing for me. Really helps curb those impulse buying sprees. Neutral No
Back to top Go down
GreenJello
Neophyte
GreenJello

PostSubject: Re: I knew there were issues with Finecast...   I knew there were issues with Finecast... EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 9:27 am

I'm surprised to hear all the reports of brittleness. I guess it makes sense with some of the snapped pieces that probably broke in transit.

FWIW, I got my first look at finecast up at Krystal Keep. First piece I looked at was a Tomb King model of some sort, and the hit was clearly snapped through. Next one I picked up appeared to be okay, but I'm going to keep staying away until I don't have another choice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I knew there were issues with Finecast...   I knew there were issues with Finecast... Empty

Back to top Go down

I knew there were issues with Finecast...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: General :: The open house-
Jump to: