CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Warhammer Fantasy: Warband

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cat Fashions
Neophyte
Cat Fashions

warhammer - Warhammer Fantasy: Warband Empty
PostSubject: Warhammer Fantasy: Warband   warhammer - Warhammer Fantasy: Warband EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 1:59 pm

So I was at Eastside talking to Clint about this last night and I was just wondering if there would be any sort of interest for a warband campaign around. For those of you who don't know, Warband is basically a very small (1-500 point) version of a regular warhammer game. Unit sizes are much smaller and there's more of an emphasis on individuals as opposed to the group. The rules on warband are pretty much the same as the regular game, but here's a link so you know how to make a list: http://www.thekeeponline.com/documents/Warbands.pdf

I'd really like to start a league out of this, but I was thinking about running a game on Friday up at Eastside just to get everyone's feet wet as to the specifics of the game. If you're interested and want to run O&G or want to try a new game, just let me know and I can bring some extra stuff up, considering I have enough orcs and goblins for a couple warbands (my roommate also has dark elves if that's more your thing). If you're interested on coming up, let me know. We could do a team battle or even a small tournament if enough people sign up!

One more thing. The rules are a little outdated so I was thinking that we could have a specific set of rules in order to make it a little more fun for people. Here's a list I drafted up.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X4UmPHBSG10IbhX1fjHMPhTodsbIA8GSeXK7KowWUsU/edit

The best way to get in contact with me for specifics is to email me at Kramersux at gmail. If you have any ideas for rule revisions, questions, or want some specifics, be sure to let me know. Hopefully I'll see you on friday!
Back to top Go down
Blood Spartan
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy: Warband   warhammer - Warhammer Fantasy: Warband EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 2:11 pm

I would like to try that today if you guys are comming up this way.
Back to top Go down
Cat Fashions
Neophyte
Cat Fashions

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy: Warband   warhammer - Warhammer Fantasy: Warband EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 10:03 am

I just got the e-mail about this today, but maybe if you're free tonight we can come up?

We've also playtested warband a lot at our place and we've come up with the following rules:

- Instead of using the current ruleset for making a list, we're opting for the rules on the list, mainly because we found out that armies with higher point costs such as dark elves and chaos can't have an army that can compete otherwise.
- Magic is out in its entirety. We had a pretty long talk about it and in addition to magic missiles and things like pit of shades wiping out entire armies in one turn, things like undead raising spells kind of ruin the whole point of casualties and, in a world where most people wouldn't take casters, make undead armies nigh invincible.
- Lists should be made in the interest of having fun as opposed to winning. For example, we made it a house rule that things like stone throwers, mangler squigs, and hydras are completely out, as they can wipe out entire units at once and there aren't answers for them in smaller point values.

If you can come up tonight, hit me up at Kramersux at gmail.com and we can either play a couple rounds of warband or maybe even tie a warband game into a larger 2500 point scenario.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy: Warband   warhammer - Warhammer Fantasy: Warband EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 10:28 am

Sounds fun, I'm definitely interested in doing this!

Not something we can do now but I would love to do a long term staged campaign. Essentially we Play Mordheim campaign, which directly effects a Warbands campaign, which directly effects a Skirmish campaign, which directly effects a Blood in the Badlands campaign, which directly effects a Mighty Empires campaign!!!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Cat Fashions
Neophyte
Cat Fashions

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy: Warband   warhammer - Warhammer Fantasy: Warband EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 2:00 am

Makari (Sean Pittman) wrote:

Not something we can do now but I would love to do a long term staged campaign.
Dan and I shot this idea around. I had an idea of just having a warband day where 6 or 8 of us can play a small escalation league for the day or something and maybe pitch in $5 or $10 and get some pizzas. Dan had an idea that I really liked of using the campaign rules and create a long-term warband league with different scenarios (ex. fighting a wandering group of undead, stumbling upon a troll lair, etc).

EDIT: I'm 100% going to be at Eastside this coming friday and I might show up tomorrow, depending on how late I stay at the superbowl party at work.

I'd also like to show off my work-in-progress dust goblin warband, which I'm liking more and more with each model I paint.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy: Warband   warhammer - Warhammer Fantasy: Warband Empty

Back to top Go down

Warhammer Fantasy: Warband
Page 1 of 1