CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

VC Mortis Engine - FINALLY finished!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

VC Mortis Engine - FINALLY finished! Empty
PostSubject: VC Mortis Engine - FINALLY finished!   VC Mortis Engine - FINALLY finished! EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 9:44 am

I got the Mortis Engine about the time when it came out (Sean, you may remember me seeing you and Carl at the GW shop when I picked it up Smile) and I finally finished painting it this past week, and based it last night. I am extremely happy with how it turned out!

VC Mortis Engine - FINALLY finished! MortisEngineFront

VC Mortis Engine - FINALLY finished! MortisEngineFrontClose

VC Mortis Engine - FINALLY finished! MortisEngineFrontTop

VC Mortis Engine - FINALLY finished! MortisEngineSide

VC Mortis Engine - FINALLY finished! MortisEngineBack
Back to top Go down
GreenJello
Neophyte
GreenJello

PostSubject: Re: VC Mortis Engine - FINALLY finished!   VC Mortis Engine - FINALLY finished! EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 10:55 am

Truly amazing piece, GW really outdid themselves.

You've made it shine, congradulations, could not have been easy between the size and shear amount of detail!
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: VC Mortis Engine - FINALLY finished!   VC Mortis Engine - FINALLY finished! EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 11:12 am

My only complaint about it is that there is an alter? that is behind the bone fence thing behind the necromancer, and I went through and painted that whole area, and you can't see it once the gates are in place... I wouldn't have spent 3 hours painting up candles and roses and skulls and stuff had I known you wouldn't be able to see it. Thanks, though, Green Smile It was a lot of fun painting it! Probably my favorite non-Forgeworld GW mini I've ever done!
Back to top Go down
GreenJello
Neophyte
GreenJello

PostSubject: Re: VC Mortis Engine - FINALLY finished!   VC Mortis Engine - FINALLY finished! EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 3:34 pm

Not able to tell without see the peice in person, but maybe you could take off the piece of bone grating in front of it on one side? Would that cause structural problems? Otherwise I can see why you would be frustrated with it. Didn't even notice the altar, even though you've chosen a nicely contrasting color for it.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: VC Mortis Engine - FINALLY finished!   VC Mortis Engine - FINALLY finished! EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 3:42 pm

I don't believe I glued it in place, if I remember correctly. If I were to cut the grating apart, it would look a little weird, as there is a lock with a chain across the middle of it, and it would look weird having that cut... I guess if I didn't end up gluing it, I could just take the piece off to display the interior... I'll see if I can do that and if I can, I'll take another picture of the inside part too.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: VC Mortis Engine - FINALLY finished!   VC Mortis Engine - FINALLY finished! EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 4:24 pm

as usual you have done some outstanding work!!!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
MasterRabbi
Neophyte
MasterRabbi

PostSubject: Re: VC Mortis Engine - FINALLY finished!   VC Mortis Engine - FINALLY finished! EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 8:29 am

Extremely great work, the spirit at the top really draws my eye, it looks amazing. Also so many books, skeleton reading or not hehe.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: VC Mortis Engine - FINALLY finished!   VC Mortis Engine - FINALLY finished! EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 9:01 am

Here you go, Green, this is the area I was talking about that I painted that isn't visible when I have it put together all the way. It was a pain to get that piece out of there without breaking off the banshee, so I don't think I'll be taking it out of there very often. I guess this is supposed to be a crypt for a dead necromancer...

VC Mortis Engine - FINALLY finished! MortisEngineCrypt
Back to top Go down
GreenJello
Neophyte
GreenJello

PostSubject: Re: VC Mortis Engine - FINALLY finished!   VC Mortis Engine - FINALLY finished! EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 9:16 am

Nice! It's a shame the model isn't designed to better show off that area....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VC Mortis Engine - FINALLY finished!   VC Mortis Engine - FINALLY finished! Empty

Back to top Go down

VC Mortis Engine - FINALLY finished!
Page 1 of 1