CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eldar Wraithknight?

Go down 
+4
Keith
kainthedragoonx
DanB
Makari
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

eldar - Eldar Wraithknight? Empty
PostSubject: Eldar Wraithknight?   eldar - Eldar Wraithknight? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 6:37 am

So this thing is apparently going to be the biggest model in 40K... According to Dakka Dakka. So the question is how many are you getting?
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
DanB
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Wraithknight?   eldar - Eldar Wraithknight? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 8:29 am

It really turned me off from Eldar. I was somewhat excited about the release before I saw the price on the Wraithknight....over $100!!! Seriously?! Why is it every army has to have a Monstrous Creature now?

I can't wait to see what the new Monstrous Creature is for Space Marines... It'll probably be a "Wallet Abomination" with the special ability: eats all your money.
Back to top Go down
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Wraithknight?   eldar - Eldar Wraithknight? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 9:09 am

Have you seen the size of this thing? Larger and more pose-able than a PP Monster thing...and cheaper, and plastic.

While I'm not saying it's cheap, it's a huge model. Apparently almost as tall as a titan...
Back to top Go down
http://www.aowcinci.com
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Wraithknight?   eldar - Eldar Wraithknight? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 11:42 am

I'm not thinking teh marines will get a monsterous creature other than their dreadnought cause they already have titans just not in 40K... yet... But I guess Time will tell.

Wraithknight is HUGE big big big!!!! Bigger than stompa, about the size of warhound Titanish yea did I mention Big!!!
Back to top Go down
Keith
Sergeant
Sergeant
Keith

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Wraithknight?   eldar - Eldar Wraithknight? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 3:35 pm

Until the new version of apoc is released and they announce plastic titans so that all of these new monsters are geared for apoc
Back to top Go down
DanB
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Wraithknight?   eldar - Eldar Wraithknight? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 3:50 pm

Just out of curiosity, and I mean no offense in any way in case someone takes it that way, what do you guys normally think of as a standard size for 40k games? I only ask because this new Knight model is really pushing the bounds, for me personally, on what I consider appropriate for "non-apoc" games.

Seriously. Its huge. Is 40k become a Robot vs. Robot game?

I'm not sure how I feel about all these new Monstrous Creatures being added. Just being honest.
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Wraithknight?   eldar - Eldar Wraithknight? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 6:25 pm

Look at the riptide sure it’s big and bad but it’s not overpowering its worth its point cost. I don’t think you will see models such as these overpower the game. Do we have an exact height yet for the model? Or is it just speculation off pictures which might be angled to make it look bigger than it really is?
Back to top Go down
Keith
Sergeant
Sergeant
Keith

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Wraithknight?   eldar - Eldar Wraithknight? EmptyThu May 23, 2013 8:32 am

BoLS reports the wraithknight at 9 inches
Back to top Go down
baltak
Neophyte

PostSubject: wraithknight   eldar - Eldar Wraithknight? EmptyThu May 23, 2013 1:47 pm

I see the Eldar got a rock em sock em robot. Wait till we see what monstrosity orks get, Ghazgkull on steroids?, Giant Squiggoth that isn't forge world or some other thing. I don't think it's a big deal to have monstrous robots on the field as long as they look like centerpieces, they have been trending that way with the scenery they have been releasing lately (fortress of redemption) so it's just another new thing so let's see it saturday.
Back to top Go down
Lost Boyz
Neophyte
Lost Boyz

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Wraithknight?   eldar - Eldar Wraithknight? EmptyFri May 24, 2013 1:31 pm

Eeek. 9" tall?

Guess I better finish my MegaDread before I get the boyz back on the table.

Gotta keep up with the Jonses...
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Wraithknight?   eldar - Eldar Wraithknight? EmptyFri May 24, 2013 6:30 pm

I dig the fluff for it. The Pilot is in constant morning for it's twin. Reason being, it's twin is the spirit stone that is equipped on the Knight itself.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Wraithknight?   eldar - Eldar Wraithknight? EmptySat May 25, 2013 12:03 pm

New White Dwarf full of awesomeness for Pictures of wraithknight... I love the comparison pic of the wraith gaurd, Wraith Lord, And wraith knight!

I'm sure I'll see it soon in League play!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Wraithknight?   eldar - Eldar Wraithknight? Empty

Back to top Go down

Eldar Wraithknight?
Page 1 of 1